NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Beckham is an injury waiting to happen, and hasn't played a down of football in 25 months.

Would be insane to offer him anything more than a 1y prove-it deal.

25 months?

Pretty sure I saw him score a TD in the SB in Feb 2022....14 months ago

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a loss value wise. No matter how you slice it and throw Hardman in there.

We just traded a guy that’s not even 23 yet that we drafted 34th overall and had under a rookie contract for 2 years for the equivalent of an early 3rd rounder and a 25yr old WR that can make as much as 6.5mill.

That’s a loss.

And to go a step further…. If we trade a 2nd and a conditional pick for AR.

We in essence traded away Moore a 3rd rounder and a conditional pick for AR.

Wait……again Aaron Rodgers for E Moore a 3rd and a conditional pick is a bad thing? This is Aaron effing Rodgers….don’t care if he’s 39 he can still spin it and will be best Jets QB in their history by a mile.

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Everyone kept saying that Moore wasn't going to get traded, but it just felt like this one was inevitable. Given how the Jets are trying to build their WR room, I didn't see a scenario where Moore would get a second contract with us when his deal was up with all that money going to Garrett Wilson. Now the Jets will have a 2nd round pick at their disposal to invest in one of the draft's top centers while also giving them the ability to add OBJ if that's the road they choose to go down. 

As it stands: 

1. Garrett Wilson 
  2. Allen Lazard 
  3. Mecole Hardman
  4. Denzel Mims 
  5. Randall Cobb (soon) 

needing a true slot

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well the problem with this math is that we also lost a 3rd ..right ?

Yea the 3rd is gone. A 2nd this year and a potential 2nd next year doesn’t involve a 3rd this year tho. 

Unrelated note, but hardman just plays on the outside I think right? Who’s the slot receiver? Garrett Wilson now? Davis and Lazard are also outside receivers 

15 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Personally I think his upside is AB levels. Not a high likely hood he’ll reach it, but he has talent. Dude has all the tools but is an egomaniac. He gets open with ease. MLF just seemed to have it out for him. The trash at qb didn’t help either 

I mean Garrett Wilson didn’t seem to have a problem despite all the issues at QB.  The biggest issue with Moore last year was well…Moore.  That’s why his value dropped 

2 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Again, he’s a 22 y/o kid. You capping his potential at 3rd option slot receiver is laughable. Just because some fans may overrate his potential doesn’t mean you have to offset that by downplaying his talent. You sound like you personally dislike the guy.

Yeah, I do dislike him.

I think a good portion of the fanbase does.

Dogging your routes, bitching out your coaches and demanding a trade during a winning streak isn’t exactly endearing to fans.

We literally just signed a dude today who is still only 25, is one of the fastest players in the league and has put up better production than Moore ever had prior to getting hurt last season. And there’s still the possibility that they bring in a guy like OBJ or someone else on top of that.

I’m not going to wax poetic about a guy who was acting like a douchebag and produced little more than the minimum during his time here.

Wish it would’ve worked out better, but it didn’t.

Now we move on with Rodgers and what is still bound to be one of the better WR corps in the league.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

I mean Garrett Wilson didn’t seem to have a problem despite all the issues at QB.  The biggest issue with Moore last year was well…Moore.  That’s why his value dropped 

I think it must have been MLF. I read somewhere that Moore was in the top of the league with most routes ran with the least amount of targets. If he’s the 4th option on every play which seems to be the case then he’ll rarely get the ball 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I think it must have been MLF. I read somewhere that Moore was in the top of the league with most routes ran with the least amount of targets. If he’s the 4th option on every play which seems to be the case then he’ll rarely get the ball 

Eh Moore wasn’t good either.  Its easy to blame MLF or the QB but Moore also wasn’t doing well like he did his rookie year plus the selfish antics 

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

25 months?

Pretty sure I saw him score a TD in the SB in Feb 2022....14 months ago

13 months

my bad

It's still a big risk.  He'll be 31.

Most WRs are completely washed by age 32.   Look it up.  Some fall off a cliff sooner.  You never know.

Deshaun Watson looked like trash last season after his layoff.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Again, he’s a 22 y/o kid. You capping his potential at 3rd option slot receiver is laughable. Just because some fans may overrate his potential doesn’t mean you have to offset that by downplaying his talent. You sound like you personally dislike the guy.

He is capping him at 3rd option slot receiver because every time he played on the outside or he ran a deep route he was blanketed and never open.....it's weird when people like you always accuse people of hating or making things personal when the criticism is strictly from on the field performance...you guys did the same thing with Z Wilson.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah, I do dislike him.

I think a good portion of the fanbase does.

Dogging your routes, bitching out your coaches and demanding a trade during a winning streak isn’t exactly endearing to fans.

We literally just signed a dude today who is still only 25, is one of the fastest players in the league and has put up better production than Moore ever had prior to getting hurt last season. And there’s still the possibility that they bring in a guy like OBJ or someone else on top of that.

I’m not going to wax poetic about a guy who was acting like a douchebag and produced little more than the minimum during his time here.

Wish it would’ve worked out better, but it didn’t.

Now we move on with Rodgers and what is still bound to be one of the better WR corps in the league.

Exactly…..think Rodgers will put up with this kid dogging it and rounding out his routes due to lack of targets? No chance 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Eh Moore wasn’t good either.  Its easy to blame MLF or the QB but Moore also wasn’t doing well like he did his rookie year plus the selfish antics 

Would you be shocked if Moore gets 800+ yards this year and 5+ tds? I wouldn’t 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude cried about touches during a 5 game win streak. **** him. 

I surely don’t like him, but his talent as #2 WR with Rodgers could have been enormous for the passing game.  After they cut or trade Davis, Lazard is the #2.  An undrafted free agent who has 1 season out of 5 with over 520 yards, all with a HOF QB.  Its a step back.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He was productive as a rookie with every non-ZW QB.

Year 3 is the breakout season for a lot of WRs.

Moore sucked last year that’s the bottom.  Maybe he bounces back who know but just blaming everybody but him is not accurate.  Plus his baby antics putting himself above the team isn’t really endearing.  I like pad him in rookie year but that went to sh*t his second year 

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Would you be shocked if Moore gets 800+ yards this year and 5+ tds? I wouldn’t 

Maybe he does but maybe he doesn’t. At the end of the day his crappy play and attitude led to this.  Nobody to blame but Moore himself 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

It’s obvious you can’t back up what you’re saying, and are stalling cause if you had any substance you’d respond to Paradis. But you’re a freaking idiot 

Lazard was targeted 100 times in 15 games last year by Rodgers,  38th in targets per game in the NFL.  If you don't think he's going to be 2nd on the team in targets and yards in 2023 you're crazy. He wasn't handpicked by Rodgers to come here to be a blocker. 

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

• Upvote 1