NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Funny thing is, there are Jets fans who have bitched about JD not giving up on certain players and accepting "Sunk cost."

Then, when JD does it, they bitch because he didn't get enough.  Can't win in the majority of fans eyes.  

In this particular deal, it does seem a little high.  EM and a 4th maybe.  But then again, we don't know all the details behind the scenes.  If we bring in OBJ because of this, it might work out just fine.

That said, we will be able to recoup the 3rd with a trade down in either the 1st or 2nd round (presuming of course that the other second is going to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers).

Ya kind of my thoughts. We go out and get Hopkins, OBJ or Jeudy. I don’t really care what we got in return. OBJ doesn’t cost draft capital is the big thing there.

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh. Would've been nice to see him with Rodgers. But seemed inevitable with the way last year went. 

TBH, I'm very disappointed.  Team is sending a clear message to all players here. Moore is banished to Cleveland. The ultimate punishment?  Lets see if he clicks with Watson.  

AFAIC, this puts WR into consideration on days 1 & 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Tooooon said:

I surely don’t like him, but his talent as #2 WR with Rodgers could have been enormous for the passing game.  After they cut or trade Davis, Lazard is the #2.  An undrafted free agent who has 1 season out of 5 with over 520 yards, all with a HOF QB.  Its a step back.

Lazard:

I Didnt Not Me GIF

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i think both 2nd rds are going to GB. why do this now? 

or were trading that #1 to GB and then trade the two 2s to get back into the 1st rd.

i dont believe in coincidences. JD could have gave GB the 2nd we already have to trade for Rodgers, he didnt have to wait for this trade to get another one. this trade could have been done at any time.

i cant imagine JD telling GB, ........ listen i would love to give you a 2nd rd pick for Rodgers but i got to make sure i got one for myself. so lets wait while i check around the league to see if i can get one back or we have no deal. 

and i would think he would want to keep Moore. he could be really good with a real QB. something up. 

Because Cleveland wants a WR. Don’t do it now they go elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don’t love the trade. Think Moore would have been more valuable as a player. Especially with a real QB. Whenever that comes to fruition. 

Agreed.  No idea why anyone would be happy about it. we trade a former, but not too long ago, 2d round pick and our 3rd for...  a 2nd.  ugh 

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don’t love the trade. Think Moore would have been more valuable as a player. Especially with a real QB. Whenever that comes to fruition. 

If you look at it today after signing Hardman, Moore would be option #4 at best. That’s not including TEs, which Rodgers likes to throw too as well as Hall/Carter out of the backfield which Rodgers also likes to throw to and can actually complete passes to. 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

LOL, based on what, exactly? Look at Moore's production. He's done very little. 

You guys have a very warped view of Moore's value, IMO. 

We basically got a high 3rd round pick for a guy we picked in the 2nd round, and a guy who proved that he was no more than a slot in the NFL.  Could not find separation on the outside.  Think that's fair value, although I would have liked to see what he could do in the slot with Rodgers. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DeerPark said:

now number 8 is available.

Moore wanted 1M from Rodgers for #8.  Rodgers went to JD and said I want #8 so you're going to have to pay me an extra 1M.  JD tells Rodgers have a seat.. JD gets on phone. Makes a few calls, trades Moore to the Browns. Tells Rodgers, #8 is now yours. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

NY Jets to every old and broken down WR in the league.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"[

What kind dumb logic is this?

Hardman is the same age as Moore, the Jets signed Lazzard who is younger than Davis who will probably be traded.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Stating the obvious here, but the day looks better if you think about Hardman as part of the trade.

Jets get Hardman and a 2nd rounder

for 

Elijah Moore and a 3rd rounder

makes it more palatable, 

I assume that the front office hated Moore after his tantrum, probably a lot more we don’t know about. Malcontent who will want a contract soon. Hopefully we get a 10 year Center with that high 2nd rounder; but it’s hard letting go of the promise you once were excited about.

They had no choice but to trade Moore. He got all caught up in that MILF thing when Zach's mom dropped by to see practice.  Zach and Moore were never on the same page after that.

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Agreed.  No idea why anyone would be happy about it. we trade a former, but not too long ago, 2d round pick and our 3rd for...  a 2nd.  ugh 

to play devil's advocate, i think most here would be pretty happy if the jets traded their former 1st round pick (#2 overall) and a 3rd for the 43rd pick in the draft

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

So Jets now have picks

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jets now are scheduled to have back-to-back second-round picks, No. 42 and No. 43.

Great, because history has proven, we are so good at the second round. 

31 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

We basically got a high 3rd round pick for a guy we picked in the 2nd round, and a guy who proved that he was no more than a slot in the NFL.  Could not find separation on the outside.  Think that's fair value, although I would have liked to see what he could do in the slot with Rodgers. 

Come on man. His rookie year he was on the outside a ton and constantly separated. Stop making stuff up. 

6834BAE2-A80C-4CD7-A2FB-93B32A2AD350.png

i had high hopes for moore coming off his rookie year.  he obviously disappointed greatly last year, both on the field and off.  and it's hard to just write-off the on-field production to the craptastic nature of the QB position when wilson won OROY with the same craptastic QBs.

obviously none of us on a message board know what damage moore's outbursts and trade requests, let alone his half-assed play at times, had on the locker room.  clearly the coaching staff and front office weren't fans.

i get that on paper, trading him for a lower value 2 years after drafting him seems a weak return on asset.  but i find it hard to believe his value was more than the "high 3rd" pick he fetched (on a net basis).  so i think it was a fair trade for both sides.  

at the end of the day, i think the WR corps has been upgraded over last year (wilson, lazard, hardman as top 3 before any potential other additions vs. wilson, davis and berrios/moore last year).  this move was obviously made with an eye on the rodgers deal, and i'm pretty sure aaron rodgers would not have been a fan of the 2022 version of elijah moore (on field and off).

not the slam dunk trade that some of JD's other trades turned out to be.  but an understandable move to rid them of a devalued player who stunk it up on the field and off last year.

39 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah thats glaring deficiency i retract anything good ive ever said  about Fantasy SP 

For whats its worth keeptradecut has wilson as like wr12

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

You want to hear something funny, in one of your WR rankings, they had Elijah Moore ahead of Garrett Wilson. Yeah that’s data I will take seriously. 

Yeah as an olive branch I'll put my trolly combative schtick aside.

I think Moore is a better reciever than you give him credit for.

I also think he is a whiny primadonna little ***** for how he acted last year.

Hes not irreplaceable by any means but a talented young pro.

I will concede that fantasy list was bunk and i cherry picked one that overvalued Moore to make my point.

I have Garret Wilson as my WR1 on my main Dynasty team and i wouldnt trade him for someone's next 5 1st round rookie picks.

I wouldn't trade my own 2nd round rookie pick for Moore.

Rotoballer is a better fantasy outlet and has Garret at WR9 and Moore at like WR53 which I think is more appropriate.

https://www.rotoballer.com/ffpc-adp-fantasy-football-players-championship

Good fantasy outlets are the only place to get a comprehensive list that deep most espns style lists only go like 20 deep.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Great, because history has proven, we are so good at the second round. 

Don't get too cozy. 42 & 43 will be going to the Packers as part of the deal for AR.  Clearly this was strategized by JD mad asked GB if this would be a foundation for the trade.

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Rotoballer is a better fantasy outlet and has Garret at WR9 and Moore at like WR53 which I think is more appropriate.

https://www.rotoballer.com/ffpc-adp-fantasy-football-players-championship

Good fantasy outlets are the only place to get a comprehensive list that deep most espns style lists only go like 20 deep.

i've been playing fantasy football for almost 30 years, so i'm not knocking it.

but how much value is there in an ADP ranking for mid-march?