NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't really care what the value chart says.

They got nothing for him.  Dealt him just to move up the board from #74 to #42 not knowing who will be there?  This is a very shallow draft class, too, so the difference in player quality between #42 and and #74 is probably negligible.

I guess the pick is going to GB and now they will sign 50-year old Randall Cobb to play full-time in the slot.

This is stupid.  

I obviously want Rodgers, but it feels as though they are willing to sacrifice virtually anything to appease him just for a 1y rental.

From what I’ve seen this draft seems to be the opposite of shallow. Not that great in the first round, but a lot of good players overall 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lazard was targeted 100 times in 15 games last year by Rodgers,  38th in targets per game in the NFL.  If you don't think he's going to be 2nd on the team in targets and yards in 2023 you're crazy. He wasn't handpicked by Rodgers to come here to be a blocker. 

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

That was out of necessity.  Christian Watson was hurt the first couple months, and Doubs got injured later in the season.

Lazard will get RZ looks and scraps.

GW could easily push for leading the entire NFL in targets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

He is capping him at 3rd option slot receiver because every time he played on the outside or he ran a deep route he was blanketed and never open.....it's weird when people like you always accuse people of hating or making things personal when the criticism is strictly from on the field performance...you guys did the same thing with Z Wilson.

To my defense he literally just replied saying yeah he dislikes moore ? see my page 6 post for my rebuttal in regards to him getting open. He got open just fine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

From what I’ve seen this draft seems to be the opposite of shallow. Not that great in the first round, but a lot of good players overall 

That's not what I've heard.

And if there are "a lot of good players", then there's less incentive to trade up.

(Odds are this pick was necessary to acquire in order to secure the Rodgers deal.)

Meanwhile, everybody has been touting the '24 draft class.

I am laughing at those who say we got “nothing” for Moore.  Did they think we were getting a first or second for him after his sh*tty play and attitude?  Let’s be honest even before last year we would’ve gotten probably a second at his highest value.  His rookie year was good but let’s not act like he had 1000 yds or even 800 yds

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That was out of necessity.  Christian Watson was hurt the first couple months, and Doubs got injured later in the season.

Lazard will get RZ looks and maybe some scraps.

GW could easily push for leading the entire NFL in targets.

The last 3 games of the Packers season:

Lazard: 23 targets

Watson: 19 targets

Romeo: 12 targets

All played each game, Lazard was Rodgers #1 WR when they were all out there

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

To my defense he literally just replied saying yeah he dislikes moore ? see my page 6 post for my rebuttal in regards to him getting open. He got open just fine.

I saw that funny lol...although he never got open on the outside or deep which is why they were sliding him inside this year.

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

A couple of major factors in this trade is this:

- Both Lazard and Hardman know what it takes to play with a big time QB

- Both Lazard and Hardman have played in playoff games

And as Moore showed last year he needs to be "coddled" and with Rodgers
for 1 or 2 years we don't have time for that

Rodgers is the lord emperor of being coddled.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

It seems at this point even JD isn't a fan of his first 2 drafts (other than AVT).

When sending away a 2nd rounder after only 2 years for less, that's basically saying you're not expecting things to get any better.

If nothing else this will definitely go down as a very interesting year, that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lazard was targeted 100 times in 15 games last year by Rodgers,  38th in targets per game in the NFL.  If you don't think he's going to be 2nd on the team in targets and yards in 2023 you're crazy. He wasn't handpicked by Rodgers to come here to be a blocker. 

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

The Packer receiver core was ass and no one made an impact until Watson at the end of the season. 

You mention the 100 targets but how many yards a game did he average? In the last 8 games of the year he couldn’t even break 70 yards on a team starving for playmakers.

he’s a nice possession receiver but not good enough to be a consistent #2 guy on a winning team. If you go further back, he’s done less with an actual playmaker on the team (Davante).

appreciate you responding, but you’re a ******* Neanderthal if you think I’m a troll because I agree with a Packer fan 

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

The Packer receiver core was ass and no one made an impact until Watson at the end of the season. 

You mention the 100 targets but how many yards a game did he average? In the last 8 games of the year he couldn’t even break 70 yards on a team starving for playmakers.

he’s a nice possession receiver but not good enough to be a consistent #2 guy on a winning team. If you go further back, he’s done less with an actual playmaker on the team (Davante).

appreciate you responding, but you’re a ******* Neanderthal if you think I’m a troll because I agree with a Packer fan 

I guess a Packers fan like yourself would know more than be

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

A couple of major factors in this trade is this:

- Both Lazard and Hardman know what it takes to play with a big time QB

- Both Lazard and Hardman have played in playoff games

And as Moore showed last year he needs to be "coddled" and with Rodgers
for 1 or 2 years we don't have time for that

Idk. Lazard is the only one who has put up a season with better ypg than Moore did as a rookie, and it took him until this year as Rodgers #1. Also taking into account the QB situation Moore had I'm even more shaky on this.

Playing with big time QBs makes me more concerned about these guys imo. Even though Hardman and Lazard have played with some of the best ever, the production just isn't there. 

• Upvote 1