NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

His upside is basically a dickish, headache-inducing Jamison Crowder.

Boohoo

Hopefully with an extra 2nd in their pockets, an official Rodgers trade is on the cusp of being completed.

It’s also entirely possible the Jets bring in a guy like OBJ to replace Moore.

Personally I think his upside is AB levels. Not a high likely hood he’ll reach it, but he has talent. Dude has all the tools but is an egomaniac. He gets open with ease. MLF just seemed to have it out for him. The trash at qb didn’t help either 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

I don't really care what the value chart says.

They got nothing for him.  Dealt him just to move up the board from #74 to #42 not knowing who will be there?  This is a very shallow draft class, too, so the difference in player quality between #42 and and #74 is probably negligible.

I guess the pick is going to GB and now they will sign 50-year old Randall Cobb to play full-time in the slot.

This is stupid.  

I obviously want Rodgers, but it feels as though they are willing to sacrifice virtually anything to appease him just for a 1y rental.

• More Ugh 2

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Everyone talking about how Moore was bad last year bc of the QB position must've forgotten that a Jets WR won the rookie of the year award lol. Wilson didn't have trouble getting the ball.  

Sidi, consider that JD just got more value for Moore than the Texans got for Brandon Cooks, a #1 WR

Psh.. Brandin Cooks is the most valuable WR of all time, he has been deemed worthy of three 1st round picks, a 2nd, 5th, and 6th

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

So 22 year old healthy dickish, headache-inducing WR on rookie contract for 30 year old dickish, headache-inducing WR with 2 straight ACL tears

Yes, precisely.

Beckham has had more than a year to rehab his knee and was on his way to a monster performance in the Super Bowl the last time we saw him.

At least he’s a legitimate game breaker who Rodgers wants to play with and vice versa.

Moore exposed himself as a total flakey cvnt last year and was noticeably giving up on his routes on multiple occasions.

If he gets his act together, he has the potential to be a good slot receiver and 3rd option in the passing game. But Jets fans have always overrated the hell out of this kid from the beginning with the Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson comparisons that were thrown around. He doesn’t have an ounce of the scrappiness that Smith possessed. The next ball that Moore goes up and fights for will be his first. And he doesn’t remotely measure up to Jackson as a game breaker who was a threat to score every time he touched the ball. Moore is much more likely to catch the ball in open space and end up losing 3 yards dancing around instead of turning upfield.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't really care what the value chart says.

They got nothing for him.  Dealt him to move up the board not knowing who will be there.

I guess the pick is going to GB and now they will sign 50-year old Randall Cobb to play full-time in the slot.

This is stupid.  

I obviously want Rodgers, but it feels as though they are willing to sacrifice virtually anything to appease him just for a 1y rental.

I mean Moore destroyed his value with his sh*tty play and baby antics so gets a decently high second is pretty good 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, precisely.

Beckham has had more than a year to rehab his knee and was on his way to a monster performance in the Super Bowl the last time we saw him.

At least he’s a legitimate game breaker who Rodgers wants to play with and vice versa.

Moore exposed himself as a total flakey cvnt last year and was noticeably giving up on his routes on multiple occasions.

If he gets his act together, he has the potential to be a good slot receiver and 3rd option in the passing game. But Jets fans have always overrated the hell out of this kid from the beginning with the Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson comparisons that were thrown around. He doesn’t have an ounce of the scrappiness that Smith possessed. The next ball that Moore goes up and fights for will be his first. And he doesn’t remotely measure up to Jackson as a game breaker who was a threat to score every time he touched the ball. Moore is much more likely to catch the ball in open space and end up losing 3 yards dancing around instead of turning upfield.

Beckham is an injury waiting to happen, and hasn't played a down of football in 25 months.

Would be insane to offer him anything more than a 1y prove-it deal.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Too much imo for a 1 or 2 year rental. Maybe 1 second this year and a conditional next year that can be a second if the jets make the sb 

Well the problem with this math is that we also lost a 3rd ..right ?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Possibly - but I think that will be based on if Rodgers is going to play - and likely still only a 3rd.  Just my guess.

Yeah the conditional pick next year will probably be a 3rd or 4th.  Maybe at most a 2nd if the Jets win the SB.  Again Green Bay has no leverage so if I were them getting 42 or 43 plus an extra pick is not bad considering everything maybe throw Corey Davis in there too 

• Upvote 1

It’s a loss value wise. No matter how you slice it and throw Hardman in there.

We just traded a guy that’s not even 23 yet that we drafted 34th overall and had under a rookie contract for 2 years for the equivalent of an early 3rd rounder and a 25yr old WR that can make as much as 6.5mill.

That’s a loss.

And to go a step further…. If we trade a 2nd and a conditional pick for AR.

We in essence traded away Moore a 3rd rounder and a conditional pick for AR.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The overrating of Elijah Moore in this forum is hilarious. We drafted him in the beginning of the 2nd round. We got a 2nd for him in a trade, after he did nothing for 2 years and demanded to be traded. Onward and upward. Got his selfish ass out of here. Great trade.

We traded him to move up from a third to a second... we didnt get a second for him.

I dragged him last season because he acted like a ***** but he is a talented wide reciever woth top 24 potential.

I dont see this as a big win.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, precisely.

Again, he’s a 22 y/o kid. You capping his potential at 3rd option slot receiver is laughable. Just because some fans may overrate his potential doesn’t mean you have to offset that by downplaying his talent. You sound like you personally dislike the guy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Beckham is an injury waiting to happen, and hasn't played a down of football in 25 months.

Would be insane to offer him anything more than a 1y prove-it deal.

Agreed with a ton of incentives bc his injury past.

Issue we’re coming up on is only having Wilson and Lazard under contract next year at a position you use 4-5 guys quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

We traded him to move up from a third to a second... we didnt get a second for him.

I dragged him last season because he acted like a ***** but he is a talented wide reciever woth top 24 potential.

I dont see this as a big win.

Top 24? Wow. 

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean Moore destroyed his value with his sh*tty play and baby antics so gets a decently high second is pretty good 

It was a pick swap.

They had to give up a 3rd. 

This is a shallow draft class and overall not highly graded.  There might be 10 players with a consensus 1st round grade and then everything else.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We just traded a guy that’s not even 23 yet that we drafted 34th overall and had under a rookie contract for 2 years for the equivalent of an early 3rd rounder and a 25yr old WR that can make as much as 6.5mill.

That’s a loss.

He’s not good and a cancer. Any other description is blind. 

The Jets are supposedly pursuing Aaron Rodgers because they feel they have a window for the next 2-3 years.  Trading away a talented weapon on a rookie contract to move up in the draft by less than one round kind of flies in the face of that argument.

Not great.  I think Joe Douglas got fleeced, but time will tell.  Moore's value to the roster and his skill set were much more important than this trade up IMHO.

• Upvote 1

That’s a loss.

Agreed.

…although I find it interesting you’d say “to go a step further” because this makes it more palatable to me.

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Not a big fan of this trade. We had to trade moore and a 3rd for a 2nd round pick . Which means his value was pretty low. I would have preferred to keep him around.

But if jd takes this 2 and uses it to trade for Hopkins then I will be thrilled lol.

After the crap he pulled last year his days were numbered.  It’s a shame but That how it is.  Getting another top 45 pick is fine with me 

• Upvote 1