NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

LOVE THIS TRADE A+++

Moore burnt his bridge last year.  Worse than Wilson's "No".

Guy is uber talented .. may straighten things out and become a dominant slot in Cleveland/Deshaun .. but its on them to make it happen ... he has the tools.

This gives us the extra pick we need to finalize Rodgers or trade for Tannehill.

Joe D is the Man ...  sh*t out Shine in

A+++ (Until Moore blows up in Cleveland of course)

• Upvote 2

I still like Moore's upside and think his best days are ahead of him.  With that said, we move on.

This is clearly Garrett Wilson and Allen Lazard's wide receiver room now.  Not sure of the impact on Corey Davis though.  With the addition of Hardman it could mean Davis still goes simply from a numbers standpoint if the Jets want to keep a cheaper Mims.  Mims seemed to work his way out of the doghouse last year while Moore put himself into it.

Do the Jets keep all of Wilson, Lazard, Hardman, Davis and Mims?  Perhaps.

• Upvote 1

Haha, wtf are you talking about? Moore is an a$$hole but Zach derailed Zach bc he sucks at the QB position 

Moore was giving up on routes. Allowing the CB to make a play on the ball. He did it because he was disgruntled. He’s not a team player. Zach was losing confidence in him. Jets were winning…Breece was beasting. Zach was progressing but let’s force feed Elijah Moore just because….he’s Elijah Moore. FOH.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Not a fan of the trade.

Would have liked to see what Moore could do with Rodgers in Hackett's system.  Now the Jets have another hole to fill (sorry, Hardman is not an adequate replacement).

What hole? The #1 is Wilson,  #2 is Lazard. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't love this trade but people are way over valuing Moore right now....his upside is a 800 yard a year slot receiver he's already proven he's not an outside threat....those types of receivers are easily replaceable. 

Exactly.  Douglas is pretty well-versed at getting max value for a player (and then some) and refusing to settle.  If his value was identified as an early 3rd in negotiations then that's likely indeed how the league viewed him and little more.

The Jets drafted him with hopes he'd be a versatile inside/outside piece.  Turns out he really can't play outside.  Maybe he'll become one and his value will increase.  Maybe he could have proven to become one with Rodgers.  But Douglas is clearly banking on him not becoming that and the value he got today being about the max he'll ever be worth. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, tfine said:

Moore was giving up on routes. Allowing the CB to make a play on the ball. He did it because he was disgruntled. He’s not a team player. Zach was losing confidence in him. Jets were winning…Breece was beasting. Zach was progressing but let’s force feed Elijah Moore just because….he’s Elijah Moore. FOH.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Zach was never progressing last year. You either didn't watch a game last year or you're 12

6 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I’ll take Smith Njigba at #13 …

No way

Not when we’re set to have a 38 year old Duane Brown and a guy who hasn’t played a game in two years as our bookend tackles protecting Rodgers.

Trade one of the 2nd’s in a package for Rodgers, take a dude like Broderick Jones or Skoronski at #13 and then look for C, LB, DL or S help with the other 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He was going to be at best the 3rd option this year, most likely the 4th. His numbers would not have improved 

Disagree, I think he would have pretty easily been second on the team in targets assuming Davis is a goner. Lazard should be the 3rd option, really hope they bring in someone better than him.

• Upvote 1

Feels like we are going to get more action at the receiver position for the Jets. I'm not a fan, but I could see Odell Beckham Jr. being signed after the Jets move on from Corey Davis. With Moore gone, the Jets could look to pair Wilson with Beckham. 

Jets clearly don't want to lose their 2nd round pick either. Assuming they are giving one up in the Rodgers trade, this sets them up to still be able to have 1st and 2nd round picks this year. Jets need those picks to add around Rodgers, particularly on the O-Line.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

LOVE THIS TRADE A+++

Moore burnt his bridge last year.  Worse than Wilson's "No".

Guy is uber talented .. may straighten things out and become a dominant slot in Cleveland/Deshaun .. but its on them to make it happen ... he has the tools.

This gives us the extra pick we need to finalize Rodgers or trade for Tannehill.

Joe D is the Man ...  sh*t out Shine in

A+++ (Until Moore blows up in Cleveland of course)

At least Wilson apologized to everyone including his teammates.  Plus I think the media as usual twisted that around to make the kid look worse.  Moore on the other hand demanded a trade when the Jets were playing well and the fan base was really positive,  I mean that’s as selfish as you can get.  No wonder his value dropped.  Anyway Now we can hopefully end this Rodgers drama and still have a first and second round pick 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Did I hit a nerve there troll?

Resorting to calling me a packer fan shows that you ain’t got sh*t but attacks just like right now. What has Lazard achieved that makes you think he’s a number 2 option? Let’s see if you can post something of substance for once. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, doitny said:

just heard that both those 2nd rd picks equal in value to the 17th OA pick. think there both going to GB

Too much imo for a 1 or 2 year rental. Maybe 1 second this year and a conditional next year that can be a second if the jets make the sb 

• Upvote 1

Everyone talking about how Moore was bad last year bc of the QB position must've forgotten that a Jets WR won the rookie of the year award lol. Wilson didn't have trouble getting the ball.  

Sidi, consider that JD just got more value for Moore than the Texans got for Brandon Cooks, a #1 WR

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I still like Moore's upside and think his best days are ahead of him.  With that said, we move on.

This is clearly Garrett Wilson and Allen Lazard's wide receiver room now. 

Do the Jets keep all of Wilson, Lazard, Hardman, Davis and Mims?  Perhaps.

Agree with your thoughts on Moore, but also didn’t love the prospect so I’m ok to turn the page. $$ will likely push Davis out the door but we’ll see. 

Lazard is more of a WR3 than a two. Still a seat at the table open 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Resorting to calling me a packer fan shows that you ain’t got sh*t but attacks just like right now. What has Lazard achieved that makes you think he’s a number 2 option? Let’s see if you can post something of substance for once. 

I'm calling you a troll bc you and a brand new Packers fan poster had the exact same post 1 minute from each other. You are running two accounts

I didn’t see this one coming. I like Moore a lot, but this tells me there was still a good amount of bad blood between the two sides. I guess the Jets unload a disgruntled player and replace the pick they expect to give up for Rodgers. Acquiring Aaron Rodgers and still having first and second round picks? That’s pretty good. It’s not like JD has been knocking it out of the park in the third, either. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, choon328 said:

I'm calling you a tell bc you and a brand new Packers fan poster has the exact same post 1 minute from each other. You are running two accounts

I’m not the only one saying this. Why the **** would I run two accounts? 

and again, what has he done to show he’s a 2?