NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

48 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If you look at it today after signing Hardman, Moore would be option #4 at best. That’s not including TEs, which Rodgers likes to throw too as well as Hall/Carter out of the backfield which Rodgers also likes to throw to and can actually complete passes to. 

Moore would of still been 3 with hardman on the roster. Rodgers loves throwing screens and passes near the line of scrimmage. Hardman was signed to help with those kind of passing plays. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

TBH, I'm very disappointed.  Team is sending a clear message to all players here. Moore is banished to Cleveland. The ultimate punishment?  Lets see if he clicks with Watson.  

AFAIC, this puts WR into consideration on days 1 & 2.

Absolutely.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Not a fan of trading young, cheap talent AND a pick for another pick that you hope turns into young, cheap talent. 

Nope. We did the trade to get Aaron Rodgers. And you are stretching the “talent” description when referring to Elijah Moore. To me , considering he was drafted in the 2nd round and was highly disappointing, he is likely worth a 3 or 4 and being a cancer, maybe less in the eyes of the Jets. I would think we shopped him to many teams. This being the best deal, kind of shows his true value at this point. I agree it’s more about addition by subtraction. No one needs a guy who asks for a trade during a winning streak. The ultimate selfish player. Waiting for him to bloom wasn’t worth it. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don’t love the trade. Think Moore would have been more valuable as a player. Especially with a real QB. Whenever that comes to fruition. 

One pick + one player = one pick. Seems very lopsided with the Jets on the short end 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Who cares. The dude is toxic.  We essentially lost a 3rd rounder which is nothing to sneeze at but you bite your losses. Picking up Hardman is genius. He's even more explosive than Moore. Love that guy. Now we talkin. JD: out with the duds, In with the studs.  

They are totally different types of players. Moore is a good route runner and has good speed. Hardman is a below average route runner and has great speed. 

As far as i can tell there are 0 slot receivers on the team right now. Who’s playing slot? Wilson?

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

Nope. We did the trade to get Aaron Rodgers. And you are stretching the “talent” description when referring to Elijah Moore. To me , considering he was drafted in the 2nd round and was highly disappointing, he is likely worth a 3 or 4 and being a cancer, maybe less in the eyes of the Jets. I would think we shopped him to many teams. This being the best deal, kind of shows his true value at this point. I agree it’s more about addition by subtraction. No one needs a guy who asks for a trade during a winning streak. The ultimate selfish player. Waiting for him to bloom wasn’t worth it. 

The Jets didn't trade Moore for Rodgers - they traded Moore and a third for a 2. They're probably giving up one of those 2s for Rodgers, which is a trade I think is worth it. That said, the entire point of the Rodgers adventure is we have all this young cheap talent and no one to throw to them. 

The trade ask was a bad look but whatever. The entire team seemed to be moments away from burning the qb at the stake. We're talking about replacing him with OBJ who is older, has been hurt most of the last 4 years and who cannot stop getting thrown off airplanes. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

They are totally different types of players. Moore is a good route runner and has good speed. Hardman is a below average route runner and has great speed. 

As far as i can tell there are 0 slot receivers on the team right now. Who’s playing slot? Wilson?

hardman is great on reverses, posts, screens, punts, kick offs. hes very versatile and has blazing speed.  Lizzard can play the slot. He'd be a nightmare there. He's tall and has strong hands. OBJ and Wilson on the outside.  

OBJ, Wilson, Lizzard, Hardman, Mims

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What if that next pick is a team player and doesn’t request a trade when the team is winning?

That would be terrific! Doesn't change my opinion that trading young, talented players on rookie deals is bad unless the situation is truly untenable. Maybe it was but I do not like this trade.

• Upvote 2

Bottom line comes down to this - when guys outwardly say they don’t want to be here, request a trade, and look like they’re dogging it when they don’t think the ball is coming their way… they’re going to get the boot. He requested a trade off a 4 game win streak. Who does that? He hadn’t even done anything to be that guy.

The Jets have done a good job changing the culture of the team with all-in young talent and it seems like Moore isn’t a fit for that at this point. I’m disappointed it turned out this way as well, I thought he could be a really good WR, but it is what it is. The Jets will be very much fine at WR…

• Upvote 1

Got to be honest Morrre was a bit of a sh*t stirrer digging up sh*t he shouldn’t have should’ve just play the game and shut up but he couldn’t so you know what he’ll match up well in Cleveland the armpit of America and I’ll take the pics as trade value to get Aaron Rodgers I believe in Joe Di I think he knows what he’s doing

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

hardman is great on reverses, posts, screens, punts, kick offs. hes very versatile and has blazing speed.  Lizzard can play the slot. He'd be a nightmare there. He's tall and has strong hands. OBJ and Wilson on the outside.  

OBJ, Wilson, Lizzard, Hardman, Mims

Has Lazard ever played in the slot? He’s pretty slow and not sure sure how that would work. He seems like an outside only kind of guy. 

If OBJ is brought in I’d say he’d be the slot. Then hardman would be the 4th. Mims as the 5th doesn’t make much sense either since he doesn’t play ST

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Assuming Davis is cut/traded, you have to hope JD has plans to bring in another WR.

we can’t really bring in Rodgers and be one Wilson hamstring pull away from a Lazard/ Hardman starting duo? 

This seems like prime time to draft a wr. Hardman is a 1 year deal and Lazard is likely a 2. Mims is on his last year. 

Just now, jetblue95 said:

i've been playing fantasy football for almost 30 years, so i'm not knocking it.

but how much value is there in an ADP ranking for mid-march?

I'm so dynasty minded that I really dont have an offseason. 

Couple dynasty leagues and an average of 3 redrafts a year.

Watching the shift in ADP from March to draft time is where value can be found. Gauging the shift and reasons why people are rising or falling in adp can put you ahead of the curve on some guys but that's just some obsessive bull**** from someone like me who doesn't keep his hobbies in check. ???

A little surprised to see fans turn on him so fast. He was literally ignored last year in the offense, at times even toyed with, after a promising rookie season with terrible QBs, so I doubt we'll miss him but I wanted to see what he was in this offense. However, I'm okay with the trade if it gets Rodgers done. Also JD has sent a reminder to everyone else to check their mentality. Team first. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

That's actually not what really happened - as it seems he was sick on the plane and they wanted to remove him because they were concerned of an emergency in the air.  

But I'm really not here to defend him - just that I like him as a player and think he's an upgrade over Moore and anyone else on the roster (except Wilson)

That’s exactly what happened. He was stoned from a night in Miami and passed out without putting on his seatbelt. Stop defending antisocial behavior. Getting on a plane literally has one rule- put your seatbelt on. If you are arguing otherwise don’t fly. 

36 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Don't get too cozy. 42 & 43 will be going to the Packers as part of the deal for AR.  Clearly this was strategized by JD mad asked GB if this would be a foundation for the trade.

If this doesn't work out JD is history. Too many busted picks. He's good at wheeling and dealing but his picks are not averaging out. Good card player that draws lousy hands. He has had one encouraging draft. Chips are all in. 

This is a run at at a SB with a team that is 2-3 years out. I get it, instant gratification that rarely works.  

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

If this doesn't work out JD is history. Too many busted picks. He's good at wheeling and dealing but his picks are not averaging out. Good card player that draws lousy hands. He has had one encouraging draft. Chips are all in. 

This is a run at at a SB with a team that is 2-3 years out. I get it, instant gratification that rarely works.  

What do you think Is the average success rate for draft picks around the league? 

26 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

What do you think Is the average success rate for draft picks around the league? 

Let’s not change the narrative 4 years into the story, okay? 
He’s the one who decided to tear the team down to the studs and rebuild with draft picks… and people here loved him for it.
Then  his signature pick (#2 in the draft) busted, he was left staring at a 20-46 record after 4 seasons and his a** on the hot seat.
That’s when you want to preach to us about how hard it is to hit on draft picks? Uh…. No.

Plan A has been aborted. Let’s sit back and watch him try to save his and Saleh’s job by going full Bucs/Rams now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s not change the narrative 4 years into the story, okay? He’s the one who decided to tear the team down to the studs and rebuild with draft picks.
When his signature pick (#2 in the draft) busted, he was left staring at a 20-44 record after 4 seasons and his a** on the hot seat.

Now he suddenly wants to go full Bucs/Rams to save his and Saleh’s job.

He was forced to rebuild. The team was a baron wasteland of talent. Who were the anchors? Adams, Maye, Darnold, and a rookie Q? You can’t tell me that’s something that you want to continue to build on. Did you want to go out and sign a bunch of high priced FAs like Mac was doing? 

look at the team now. Garret Wilson, Breece, Sauce, Q, AVT, Reed. Beyond those guys there is a foundation of young players growing while still playing well in both Carters, JJ, Mitchell, Quincy, and others. Sherwood looked good while he was on the field as did Echols. 

What was the roster like before? It was filled with bad players and substantial overpaid players. 

Even guys who may be considered overpaid on the roster still aren’t anything like Tru and Bell. Lawson played well enough after coming back from a major surgery, Tomlinson wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible and the process of picking up made sense, for his contract Davis stats line up with most of the other guys in his price range including injuries and trash qb play, Conklin and Cj individually would be the best tight ends we’ve had in quite a while and both are on the team. 

People seem to forget how terrible the roster was before and how bad of shape the cap was in. 

The first draft was pretty bad I’ll give you that, but he was also drafting for a completely different offensive and defensive scheme with a bum coach as his partner. 

Also the success rate for draft picks is well under 50% and people throw a fit of all of them aren’t hits it seems like.