Captain Morgan Starting A Game Tonight In The USFL

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

First Hackenberg couldn’t cut it in the AAF and got benched.  Now Cap’n Morgan gets benched in a USFL game.

Whats next….Browning Nagle getting booed (and benched) in an XFL game?

To be fair Joe  Flacco was already mocked and  laughed at by his own kids playing QB last year. I think we are well past XFL point already. 

• Haha 1

Morgan was 6/15/58 no picks and Williams was 4/12/23 no picks. So passing yards total for the Maulers was 81 yards. As for Morgan I’m rooting for him to play well and improve. He really hasn’t played much in games since coming out of college. I have to give him a lot of credit for believing in himself and keep trying. At his age most young people are starting a long term career learning a job so he’s maybe pushing back on his future so he can keep playing football. If he isn’t a good pro QB he’s still one of the best at his job in the world. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Who cares about this?  Seriously?  On the one hand, fans say draft a QB every season. Then they criticize the GM if the QB doesn't pan out.  It's absurd.  

1) I agree with the philosophy and will continue to advocate for it.

2) I just wish we'd gotten a more useful QB out of the pick.  Morgan didn't even end up a useful USFL backup.

• Upvote 4

Not surprised that Morgan is bad in the USFL. He has literally zero touch on his passes. 

I remember watching him in preseason for the Jets, and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Everything was just an all-power heave with zero regard for ball placement or touch.

48 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Who cares about this?  Seriously?  On the one hand, fans say draft a QB every season. Then they criticize the GM if the QB doesn't pan out.  It's absurd.  

The issue is drafting a guy in the 2nd round who clear as day was a 6th or 7th rounder in hackemburg

And drafting a guy in the 4th round that was an UDFA quality.

The object of the game is to make good picks not bad.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) I agree with the philosophy and will continue to advocate for it.

2) I just wish we'd gotten a more useful QB out of the pick.  Morgan didn't even end up a useful USFL backup.

I agree with the philosophy also I just wish people would let these drafts play out before they anoint draft picks and build statues of GMs....I think the reaction is more that.