Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

More than I expected. Don't like the easy conditions on next year’s first.

Moving from 13 to 15 is a big deal because New England likely goes OT.

Ready to move forward though. We have our QB for the next two years. 

I hope 2 years. No 2nd year? We all need to get the KY jelly out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We even got pushed around on all of the little things in the deal.  We moved back 2 spots in the first round.  We gave up pick 42, not 43.

I know it is not a big deal.  But it just goes to show Joe D got manhandled in every aspect of this deal.  

Wowzers - now that is a real manhandle for sure! NOT hulk hogan wwe GIF by Becky Chung

1 minute ago, talisaynon said:

This has Woody's grubby little ******* hands all over it.

Rest assured the PR with "Woody preventing trade for a first" was all bullsh*t drummed up by that psychopath. Don't fall for it. He thought that would give him cover to take this sh*t deal. This is ******* terrible. This is a guy that bought Tebow for the media clout.

This is the same sh*t all over again. What a ******* moron

******* SELL THE TEAM WOODY YOU PIECE OF CRAP

Now our GM is going to fall on this sword when Aaron busts. When he didnt want this trade. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST ******* THING WE COULD HAVE DONE AND WE JUST DID IT.

NOT EVEN A ****KING CONDITION TO GIVE THEM A FIRST IF WE MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND JUST STRAIGHT UP 65% OF THE SNAPS

ABSOLUTE CRAP FIRE WOODY INTO THEE ******* SUN

LEARN FROM JAMES DOLAN YOU LOSER

STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU HIRE A CHEF TO DO THE COOKING

IDIOTIC JUST ******* IDIOTIC

JOKE ****KING FRANCHIES

Been saying this for years Woody is reason why this franchise can't win a SB JD never make this trade probably signed Carr and continue building through draft 

• Ugh 1

24 minutes ago, juxsta said:

Glad its over but I wish we didn't swap 1st rounders this year...It's only 2 spots but thats too risky to not grab 1 of the the top OT's and nexts years comp should have had more stipulations on it.

Omg, They were never drafting a Tackle.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i initially mistakenly read the Jets only getting back a 5th round pick instead of 15 overall. 15 overall makes it better but we still over paid. Not horrific, but more than we should have paid.

To be fair, you don't get first ballot HOF QB's for a 5th rounder.  

If Rodgers plays 65 percent of the snaps, we should be in the playoffs.  If we are in the playoffs, nobody will care we don't have a first rounder next year.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see JD move down in the draft and try and recoup that pick.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Well in that case I understand your frustration and know you’ll still cheer as much as ever.

I legitimately think this puts us as one of the top 3 teams in the AFC with as good a chance as anybody to win it all.

Our defense is top 5. If the offensive line gets an added to and stays healthy, there’s no limit to the offense.

Three things....

I think the D got very lucky with the QB's we played last year.  Still a strong unit for sure...but I don't see a top 5 unit (top 10 for sure)

I think Rodgers showed serious decline last year - and am very concernded, as with most aging players, once they start declining - it's only accelerates

Yes - I'm happy it's done - it'll be exciting and of course I'll be rooting...

When all's said and done I just don't know why we gave up so much.  Makes no sense to have had to.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It could cost them a stud OT whose job is protecting AR from getting destroyed when he drops back to pass

I mean they could have at least waited to see who was on the board at #13

JD blinked first

There’s apparently no protection for Jets in case Rodgers retires a year from now

In my opinion Not a as disastrous a trade as people make it out to but what I don’t understand is that Some people here on this board have advocated that spending another first round pick on an o lineman would be a mistake but will criticize that by moving down two spots will cost them a shot at an o lineman. Is the bias against JD that bad that he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t? Head scratcher to me 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

65% of 17 games is 11 games.  He has to miss games to salvage that 1st round pick.  Not happening barring his getting lost in some dark cave.

Too bad that Wilson wasn't a bit more safe with the ball.  I would be playing him for the 4th quarter every game where we have a 2 score lead.  Brett Favr.... I mean Aaron Rodgers would not take one snap in the victory formation or to end a half if I am coaching this team.  

• Haha 1

For what it's worth...Reports are coming in stating that Rodgers will signed a revised contract with packers to facilitate the trade.  

If they take on a large portion of his contract, it is a better deal.  Still overpaid, but better.

If they got rid of the guaranteed 2024 bonus, I will say it ain't so bad.  2 firsts for Rodgers is still too much, but does put us in contention immediately.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's a horrific trade....

There is no way to see what they gave up for one year - and think that it's a reasonable move.

There is going to be a lot of disagreement about this being a horrific trade.

If we make the playoffs, this could be a early to mid 20's 1st rounder.  This was ALWAYS going to be the compensation.  I had mentioned this in about 5 other threads.  I thought it would be a 3rd with a chance to be a first.  It is a bit steep, but that is the price you pay to get a HOF QB.  

There was just no other way.  Perhaps that is why some will hate it, thinking we were going to get this done for a 2nd.  

• Upvote 1