Le'Veon Bell loved Adam Gase; smoked weed before each game

Update; 

Le’Veon Bell admits he smoked marijuana before NFL games: ‘What I did’

https://nypost.com/2023/05/29/leveon-bell-admits-he-smoked-marijuana-before-nfl-games?utm_source=nypost&utm_campaign=android_nyp

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Adam Gase was so bad he’s blackballed from the league. Can’t even get a gig as a TE coach 

Big Mac also never to be hired again.

Really puts it in perspective when guys like Herm and Mangini literally got other HC gigs right away.

With Gase we were just the dopey Chiefs/Browns in this scenario.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Adam Gase was a horrible head coach.

Le’Veon Bell was completely washed when we signed him.

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

He went to Kansas City, Baltimore, and Tampa Bay, following his release from the Jets.  He still looked like he was cooked.  Am I supposed to really sit here and believe the downfall of his career was 1 1/2 years of Adam Gase?  It’s really convenient that he didn’t blame Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, or Bruce Arians.  Especially when 2 of those 3 coaches are some of the best offensive minds to ever coach in the NFL.

IIRC, he criticized Andy Reid after the Chiefs dumped him, too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

It is make believe land to think bell was washed up. Perhaps you guys forget the play calling and every run bell was given was strait into a brick wall, heavily loaded box with absolutely no help with blocking and a terrible line to begin with.

I get it, he might not have been prime bell but he was def not washed. he was literally still running the play while the line already gave up. The fact he got out of the treches as much as he did is testiment to that.

I got no love for bell other than than what I saw on the field. Let's not pretend he was frank gore coming inhere. He was not. He was LT. He juked and jived off three people to get a yard. 

It was so incredibly bad it was embarrassing. Now he might not have had much but these Monday morning quarterbacks commenting on bell being washed up are ridiculous.

Bell was still a good back and despite running a system that did not fit his play style, having a bunch of quitters around him and running plays called by gase.

These people not experts and they would have you not believe your lying eyes. 

Bell was still good, ran hard for us and honestly as a talent and locker room guy probably not replaced by anyone of his caliber on this team other than q and those whole followed him in recent years 

So please save me from this stupid ignorant view of he was washed up. Have some respect for the guy whose sacrificd his last year as a NFL caliber RB to the Gase god.

Also he is right about darnold. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It is make believe land to think bell was washed up. Perhaps you guys forget the play calling and every run bell was given was strait into a brick wall, heavily loaded box with absolutely no help with blocking and a terrible line to begin with.

Then why couldn’t Andy Reid get anything out of him?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Come on, morons. Gase both fired Macc and hired JD.

He's the real GOAT here. He's laying back with his 1-10 Lincoln High School football team knowing that he was the real secret to the Jet's success.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was obviously bad, but to his credit he recognized the state of play inside the franchise and pushed Maccagnan out and brought Douglas in while sh*tbag Woody was over in Great Britain embarrassing the country. If you think the Jets are in a relatively good place now, at least partial credit goes to Adam Gase’s treachery behind the scenes.

So not only was he a terrible coach but he was also a treacherous human being, and you feel he deserves some credit for that? I know you and the ghost of SAR were his primary apologists, but maybe it’s just time to let it go. Gase was horrible. 

I was maybe the most vocal opponent of signing Bell before it happened, pissing a number of people off in the process, but I knew that signing was idiotic. Mac, Gase, and Bell were quite the threesome. Also, Idzik was probably worse than Mac, he just didn’t last as long to cause as much damage. Team was a train wreck when Douglas walked in and he was fairly quick to get rid of the last of the stench in Gase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

So not only was he a terrible coach but he was also a treacherous human being, and you feel he deserves some credit for that? I know you and the ghost of SAR were his primary apologists, but maybe it’s just time to let it go. Gase was horrible. 

I was maybe the most vocal opponent of signing Bell before it happened, pissing a number of people off in the process, but I knew that signing was idiotic. Mac, Gase, and Bell were quite the threesome. Also, Idzik was probably worse than Mac, he just didn’t last as long to cause as much damage. Team was a train wreck when Douglas walked in and he was fairly quick to get rid of the last of the stench in Gase. 

Gase was vehemently against signing Bell, too. Gase also wanted CeeDee Lamb over Becton. The reason Gase, Idzik, and Maccagnan were each hired in the first place was due to the internal rot of the Rex Era, which you lustily defended until he was terminated. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I get it, he might not have been prime bell but he was def not washed. he was literally still running the play while the line already gave up. The fact he got out of the treches as much as he did is testiment to that.

I got no love for bell other than than what I saw on the field. Let's not pretend he was frank gore coming inhere. He was not. He was LT. He juked and jived off three people to get a yard. 

It was so incredibly bad it was embarrassing. Now he might not have had much but these Monday morning quarterbacks commenting on bell being washed up are ridiculous.

Bell was still a good back and despite running a system that did not fit his play style, having a bunch of quitters around him and running plays called by gase.

These people not experts and they would have you not believe your lying eyes. 

Bell was still good, ran hard for us and honestly as a talent and locker room guy probably not replaced by anyone of his caliber on this team other than q and those whole followed him in recent years 

So please save me from this stupid ignorant view of he was washed up. Have some respect for the guy whose sacrificd his last year as a NFL caliber RB to the Gase god.

Also he is right about darnold. 

In his last year in Pittsburgh, he averaged a mere 4 yards per carry, and the Steelers gave him 320 carries anyway. He was shot after that season because Tomlin drove him into the ground. Then he sat out a year, then he came back and looked half dead. He was never a fast guy to begin with, and wear and tear (plus the year off) ruined him. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was vehemently against signing Bell, too. Gase also wanted CeeDee Lamb over Becton. The reason Gase, Idzik, and Maccagnan were each hired in the first place was due to the internal rot of the Rex Era, which you lustily defended until he was terminated. 

Lol, I’ll continue to take two AFCCGs over a two win season, thanks, but I was also done at the end. That was a management cluster**** that Chris later copped to. 

• Upvote 1