Jets signing Dalvin Cook? 6/9 Update Cook Released

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Conclusion

If the Jets can get Cook to sign in the $4 million to $6 million range for a year to chase a ring with a reduced workload, it’s absolutely worth it. Beyond that, the Jets should look elsewhere if they want/need another running back.

Mind Blown GIF

Cook wants $10 mil+ per at multiple years.  He’s got a ton of mileage.  There’s a reason he isn’t signed yet he wants too much money

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Carter didn't become a bad player at age 24.  That's ridiculous.  

Maybe not but we likely overrated him a good bit in 2021, too.  The truth is in the middle.  He's an effective 3rd down back but not a guy you want leading your committee with the early down work.  It'd be nice to find a cheap upgrade.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe not but we likely overrated him a good bit in 2021, too.  The truth is in the middle.  He's an effective 3rd down back but not a guy you want leading your committee with the early down work.  It'd be nice to find a cheap upgrade.

Carter is nothing special.  Decent pass catcher out of the backfield.  If we need another back I’d rather sign Kareem hunt or Fournette on a cheap one year deal

• Ugh 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn't need to lead the committee.  However, I don't see how any RB on the market is necessarily an upgrade, let alone cheap.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Williams contract and Rodgers re-structure should be the only deals Douglas should be working on

I guess you have no clue how a winning franchise needs to act. If you want to win a Super Bowl and you have holes, you fill them. You have weaknesses, you sign guys to help. 

But I guess Jets fans here are happy with mediocrity. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3

I’d strongly prefer allocating to an adequate backup QB.

Risk Mitigation 101

What is a better management of risk?  Investing roughly same dollars in ..

1. A 28 year old running back who is showing signs of slowing down, and is otherwise not a good pass catcher or blocker and is near the top of the League in fumble rate and drop rate

2. A quality backup QB who is a clear upgrade over Zach Wilson and can lead the team to wins over a short yet important stretch in the absence of Aaron Rodgers … noting these bad luck Jets haven’t had a starting QB complete a season from start to finish in 7 or so years 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’d strongly prefer allocating to an adequate backup QB.

Risk Mitigation 101

What is a better management of risk?  Investing roughly same dollars in ..

1. A 28 year old running back who is showing signs of slowing down, and is otherwise not a good pass catcher or blocker and is near the top of the League in fumble rate and drop rate

2. A quality backup QB who is a clear upgrade over Zach Wilson and can lead the team to wins over a short yet important stretch in the absence of Aaron Rodgers … noting these bad luck Jets haven’t had a starting QB complete a season from start to finish in 7 or so years 

I’ll go with none of the above. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Warfish thinks there is nothing more annoying than when people refer to themselves in third person.

Warfish is truly annoyed by that.

Warfish wants guys who don't do that.

I used to crack up whenever they interviewed Ricky Henderson.  Ricky loves to steal bases, Ricky is the greatest lead off batter ever etc.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He doesn't need to lead the committee.  However, I don't see how any RB on the market is necessarily an upgrade, let alone cheap.  

Not yet.  Like I said, nearly 1,200 players come loose from rosters in late August.  A few of those will be decent, cheap RBs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Narrator:  "But the price wouldn't be right."

while you and I are in agreement on the RB situation .... what's the number that you would be ok with the addition of cook?

"$x... = incentive laden deal" or just "$X"

because we know that the JETS don't do what we usually prefer

On 6/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I see you've moved off your "less than 0 % chance" so it sounds like the Joe W line is starting to shift on this.

Maybe by July it'll move up to 1 % chance?

Lol. Where’s @Greenseed4 and the “I don’t think you know how percentages work” comment. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

If we don’t sign Cook, I hope JD, at the very least, discloses the exact percentage he thought about signing him….so we can all see how close it was to “less than 0%”.

I clearly did not read thread  

see post above

vote stark

• Haha 2