Fan Police!

TBJ

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm sure FOX News will be happy to tell you.  

For example:  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/forget-american-meritocracy-chinas-scary-spying-system-already-here

Thanks.

I stay away from all so called news channels these days whether local or cable.

I did click on the link because I honestly had no clue what a social score is.

now that I know please let the meteor hit once the super bowl is over - just in case the jets, we’ll you know.

• Upvote 1

Everyone assumes the guy was ripping on Zach.  Maybe he was cursing up a storm or making vile comments that none of us want our mom, wife, girlfriend or sister to hear.  That is also protected by the first amendment but it may also merit a punch in the face. 

In the old stadium I had a guy sit behind me like a church mouse every week with his kids.  Not a peep out of him.  He shows up for  a Monday night game with his buddies and the amount of vile, obscene abuse that this guy was hurling at JoJo Townsell the entire game was ridiculous.  I was there with a buddy so didn't care but others had kids there and he ruined the experience for all around him.     

14 hours ago, jgb said:

If the fan was heckling or harassing her, he should’ve been tossed.

If he was telling his friends that he thinks Zach sucks and she overheard? Free country.

Yes to both.  However in a free country a polite acknowledgement and apology once you knew it was his mom adds a level of civility.   

Civility is highly underrated as a requirement for the rights we take for granted to actually exist.

the level of boorish drunk behavior and lack of respect that goes on in football stadiums toward families makes for an awful experience if you happen to be subjected to it. She’s his mom.  A little restraint isn’t a theft of your rights.

• Post of the Week 2

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sadly - I do, too. 

And it’s a shame because the vast majority of people are just fine with a beer or two, but a few bad apples ruin it for everyone 

So, don't sell beer at the games? Umm, hate to break it to you, but a lot of those guys SHOW UP already wrecked. What's next, a 20 Mile exclusionary zone of no alcohol consumption on game day? 

The NFL's total 2022 revenue was $18 billion, an increase from $12.2 billion in 2020. The average franchise value of an NFL team is $4.47 billion.

They can afford to control their facilities better. Pick out the "bad apples", don't punish everyone that just wants a couple of cold ones at a ballgame.

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yes to both.  However in a free country a polite acknowledgement and apology once you knew it was his mom adds a level of civility.  

Agree we should all endeavor to be mensches.

Civility is highly underrated as a requirement for the rights we take for granted to actually exist.

That’s not a requirement. The more abhorrant and obnoxious the person and opinion are, the more protection they need.

the level of boorish drunk behavior and lack of respect that goes on in football stadiums toward families makes for an awful experience if you happen to be subjected to it. She’s his mom.  A little restraint isn’t a theft of your rights.

Agree except the last sentence. A society committee to the principle of free speech can’t draw those lines.

It is largely academic anyway since a private business has a lot more latitude to restrain speech than the government. Like how a grocery store can kick you out and have you trespassed if you decide to preach on aisle 5.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

That’s not a requirement. The most abhorrant and obnoxious the person and opinion are, the more protection they need.

Agree except all the last sentence. A society committee to the principle of free speech can’t draw those lines.

It is largely academic anyway since a private business can restrain speech. Like how a grocery store can kick you out and have you trespassed if you decide to preach on aisle 5.

Or make yourself a sandwich and eat it as you shop. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

That’s not a requirement. The more abhorrant and obnoxious the person and opinion are, the more protection they need.

Agree except the last sentence. A society committee to the principle of free speech can’t draw those lines.

It is largely academic anyway since a private business has a lot more latitude to restrain speech than the government. Like how a grocery store can kick you out and have you trespassed if you decide to preach on aisle 5.

The civil war was a period where marshal law was declared and rights disappeared.  Yes you are correct the more abhorrent the more protection is required.   That can only happen if there is a countervailing balance by the majority sticking to some degree of accepted norms.   Once that falls away rights will follow.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The civil war was a period where marshal law was declared and rights disappeared.  Yes you are correct the more abhorrent the more protection is required.   That can only happen if there is a countervailing balance by the majority sticking to some degree of accepted norms.   Once that falls away rights will follow.  

Hardly think booing a player really risks the collapse of society :) 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, don't sell beer at the games? Umm, hate to break it to you, but a lot of those guys SHOW UP already wrecked. What's next, a 20 Mile exclusionary zone of no alcohol consumption on game day? 

The NFL's total 2022 revenue was $18 billion, an increase from $12.2 billion in 2020. The average franchise value of an NFL team is $4.47 billion.

They can afford to control their facilities better. Pick out the "bad apples", don't punish everyone that just wants a couple of cold ones at a ballgame.

Not sure what to do about the people already loaded - I suppose you could breathalyze people on the way in, but I’m quite sure that would be extremely unpopular and likely never happen. 

the problem with picking out the bad apples is that you typically can’t pick them out until they have already done something egregious to reveal themselves as bad apples. Ideally, you’d remove these people BEFORE they started a fight. 

I suppose there is no perfect solution. I do know that my last experience with drunk fans at a football game (Bills fans - Ralph Wilson stadium) was completely unacceptable and has made me hesitant to ever go to another road Jets game. 

Man I love Aaron Rodgers...from giving back $35 mil, to defending Hackett, to praising and taking Zack Wilson under his wing, he's done everything right since becoming a Jet.

I couldn't stand the guy in Green Bay, he seemed arrogant, weird and kind of "douche-ee" from afar.... but I couldn't of been more wrong since I started drinking the green koolai.....I mean since ARod joined the team

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, TBJ said:

Except you didn't say "if you're" you said "any drunk fan" an you were referring to the guy who made comments that offended her.

No, that’s you making an assumption, although that guy probably was a drunken clown.

14 hours ago, TBJ said:

The article even said regarding the alcohol comment "It is unclear if both posts are related to the same incident."

You don't even know if the guy was drunk, and in the picture she posted he's not drinking.

Why are you white knighting for drunk fans? “People have a right to get drunk and act obnoxious at sports games” is a strange cause to dedicate such energy to.

49 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No, that’s you making an assumption, although that guy probably was a drunken clown.

Why are you white knighting for drunk fans? “People have a right to get drunk and act obnoxious at sports games” is a strange cause to dedicate such energy to.

You're the one making assumptions.

intro-1686144123.jpg

I'm not white knighting for anybody and if you had type of legitimate argument here, you would not have to put words in my posts.

Please show me where I said anything remotely close to this “People have a right to get drunk and act obnoxious at sports games”

55 minutes ago, TBJ said:

You're the one making assumptions.

intro-1686144123.jpg

I'm not white knighting for anybody and if you had type of legitimate argument here, you would not have to put words in my posts.

Please show me where I said anything remotely close to this “People have a right to get drunk and act obnoxious at sports games”

Lol I’m just throwing it back at you because you were butthurt about my original post.

Let’s clear the air here — I don’t know exactly what that guy did and I’m not saying he personally should be banned from games.  

My point is that poor behavior from fans (at games and on the internet) sucks and shouldn’t be tolerated. If you are harassing a players mom on twitter or heckling her at a game you’re a piece of sh*t and need to grow up.

The OP inspired that reaction from me (for obvious reasons if you have a pulse) even if in this specific circumstance Mrs. Wilson was being overdramatic, although given what some fans act like when drunk at MetLife I’ll actually give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

100%. Couldn’t agree more.

Strange how the “right” to act like a jerk is the first priority of so many.

• Upvote 2