1JD & Hard Knocks

Thought it was exceptional, the way these guys worship Rodgers …I will say looking back at the Farve year I never got the feeling the young guys liked him ….Rodgers is just different…in a good way . 

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching this compared to 1jd is like Rodger to Wilson. God damn it was good. Saleh likes that damn linebacker QB kid alot. 

Zach is at least learning damn it would be nice if he was good at some point.

Al woods said it best everything they told you about him was wrong. He is a great dude and he is our QB now.

Love it. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Unlike most of my takes, I feel this post aged extremely well.

Your OP was spot on, Hard Knocks pretty much created the genre that is now everywhere and in all sports from All or Nothing in the Premier League through to Drive to Survive & whatever the tennis & golf ones are called. While these shows will never have absolute editorial control due to always having to stay it in good favour with decision makers within that sport to be granted the necessary access they are less of a puff piece of internal marketing than the teams own productions.
It’s for that reason people should just enjoy 1JD as a very well produced and slick bit of broadcasting with a valuable look behind the scenes that isn’t going to touch anything difficult or controversial because the guys making it work for the team and are primarily responsible for marketing and positive brand awareness.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I thought Hard Knocks was 100% better than 1JD.

I'd like to see less focus on just Rodgers and showcase others as these shows go on.

First episode was always going to be about AR, it’s the huge story of the year and remember, while 1JD is made by Jets fans for Jets fans, HK is a National/Global product for a wider audience, many of whom will only have a passing interest in the NFL or be vaguely aware of Rodgers but enough to tune in.
These shows are all about bringing new fans (and therefor new consumers, new ticket buyers, New Jersey purchasers and new Geico or State Farm customers, to the sport) …..I’d fully expect subsequent episodes to focus more on other storylines 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Spoiler alert. Don't ruin it for everyone 

I know right, I don’t have the HBO or Max or Cinemax thing or whatever the hell I need to watch it yet. It’s really confusing to be honest. AT&T offered me free HBO  to switch my cell phone service but I was told ain’t no HBO no more, I think they call it HIV or Cinemax or HIV max or some shit now. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jolot said:

Thought it was exceptional, the way these guys worship Rodgers …I will say looking back at the Farve year I never got the feeling the young guys liked him ….Rodgers is just different…in a good way . 

That's because when we traded for Farve we had a QB who could win games.  In fact I believe he led the Dolphins to the division title that year.  I know there are a lot of Pennington haters but he was far from bad. 

• Upvote 3

Superficially as a fan, I enjoyed episode 1. But as a die hard fan, who wants this year to be special, I couldn’t help but feel a little concerned.  

I did not mind the star struck attitude the younger players had around Rogers, but I was a little uncomfortable watching Saleh behave the same way. Seemed childish and unprofessional. 

I thought the relationship between Hackett and Rogers was almost too casual, and the fact that Hackett wasn’t the play caller in Green Bay,  reinforced my concerns that Rogers wanted Hackett because they were buddies, and less because of Hacketts prowess as an OC. Time will tell.

The entire camp seemed to lack intensity.  Too many stupid games, joking, wasted time. For a team that has been dismal for the past decade, it was concerning. Maybe Saleh’s Rah Rah speeches touting how great the Jets are resonate with players, but to me they would ring hollow.  I would rather Saleh emphasize how the team shouldn’t believe the hype, they have everything to prove, and until they start winning they are still the same old Jets. How it’s now their time to change the decade long (possibly 54 year long) narrative. 

Two caveats, one I am far from an expert on NFL training camps, and two I understand you can edit this show any way you choose  to create a false reality. 

I hope I am wrong. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

Superficially as a fan, I enjoyed episode 1. But as a die hard fan, who wants this year to be special, I couldn’t help but feel a little concerned.  

I did not mind the star struck attitude the younger players had around Rogers, but I was a little uncomfortable watching Saleh behave the same way. Seemed childish and unprofessional. 

I thought the relationship between Hackett and Rogers was almost too casual, and the fact that Hackett wasn’t the play caller in Green Bay,  reinforced my concerns that Rogers wanted Hackett because they were buddies, and less because of Hacketts prowess as an OC. Time will tell.

The entire camp seemed to lack intensity.  Too many stupid games, joking, wasted time. For a team that has been dismal for the past decade, it was concerning. Maybe Saleh’s Rah Rah speeches touting how great the Jets are resonate with players, but to me they would ring hollow.  I would rather Saleh emphasize how the team shouldn’t believe the hype, they have everything to prove, and until they start winning they are still the same old Jets. How it’s now their time to change the decade long (possibly 54 year long) narrative. 

Two caveats, one I am far from an expert on NFL training camps, and two I understand you can edit this show any way you choose  to create a false reality. 

I hope I am wrong. 

I knew nothing about Hacket but he seems like a goof 

1 hour ago, DarthVitreous said:

I hope I am wrong. 

Hope you are as well, and as a long time Jets fan, I understand your concerns, believe me.  I've seen this film before as well.  But as you said, it's highly edited...and the Jets aren't allowing them into most of the meetings and most of Salah's addressing the whole team...I bet if you saw those, you'd come away with a much different opinion.  And there were times when Salah was pissed off / exacerbated with the team, as was AR and Sauce (think 2nd half of the HOF game).  So it wasn't all rah rah stuff.  Hope that makes you feel a little bit better about our team and where we are headed.  

Go Jets.

• Upvote 2

As for Hackett, I'm sure what we saw last night was a big part of his personality, but not the only side.  If he doesn't spit fire and prove his worth this season after the Sean Payton comments, he never will.  I personally think Payton did us a huge favor, and the team will rally around Hackett...Plus he's the son of a coach and you know he's extremely knowledgeable about the game...not everyone needs to be a fiery coach, his personality is fine as long as he can communicate his plan with the team in an effective and efficient manner...in fact, Ulbricht seems very intense as does Saleh at times, so Hackett's goofball personality may be just what the team needs to keep things light...NY is a pressure cooker, you need someone who can lighten the mood from time to time.

2 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

That's because when we traded for Farve we had a QB who could win games.  In fact I believe he led the Dolphins to the division title that year.  I know there are a lot of Pennington haters but he was far from bad. 

Ronnie Brown and a gimmick offense won the ‘08 division title.  Pennington f**king sucked, and he went on to validate that by throwing 4 picks in his one-and-done home playoff game that year.

I yield the remainder of my time to @Bleedin Green

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Although I knew this year wouldn’t top off 2010, I thought the first episode was really good. Some of my observations:

• Rodgers has an awesome personality. He really tries to connect with every single person he comes across. 

• Also, Rodgers coming up to Wilson and saying “you’ve never seen that before” after hearing chants from the crowd was comical. 

• Team looks like they’re having fun. The young studs are really enjoying it. 

• I think the Sean Payton comments is something that will eventually help this team. They should use that as fuel. 

• Garrett Wilson can honestly eclipse 1,500 yards. It’s amazing how he can stop on a dime, cut, and shift like he does. 

• I wanted a little Breece Hall this episode.