Anyone Else Nervous...

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

...That all these beautiful hopes and dreams we have for this upcoming season...

Poof...

Up in smoke in an instant...

With our precious veteran HOF QB getting on the field tomorrow...

Facing a Giants pass rush...

And with this O-line...

On each snap and drop back......

The Great Outdoors John Candy Old Ol 96er Uncle Buck Canadian | Etsy

Nope.

tenor.gif?itemid=12134031

I'm of course cynical in general about things, including the Jets,, but I'm not specific in terms of fearing A.R. getting hurt in P.S., or in Week 1 or Week 10 for that matter.

If it happens, it happens, but I'm not going to worry about it till it does, or till he shows some fact that he's more fragile than he once was. 

Far too many real worries in life to spend worry on paranoia.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

...That all these beautiful hopes and dreams we have for this upcoming season...

Poof...

And with this O-line...

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• Haha 4

Poof...

And with this O-line...

Part of Rodgers HOF career is his own ability to protect himself.  If he does get injured before the season is over, it will be a non contact injury. 

• Upvote 1

Poof...

And with this O-line...

Justgoawaybaby!

43 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't say I am nervous, but as a 60+ year old Jet fan, I need to see them play well in order to really believe they will play well.  I am confident in the defense, because we have seen good defenses in recent years.  But, I need to see the offense perform at a high level for an extended period of time in the regular season, before I will believe it.

I know we should be better, maybe even top 10, but I need to see it first before fully buying in.

This offense will be unlike any we’ve seen in this franchise since Joe Willie was throwing darts in his prime. Probably even more explosive since rules have been bended so much to generate offense. Even Joe Willie knows this team has such a great chance to be special he gave his blessing to Rodgers to wear his retired #12. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Poof...

And with this O-line...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47wmolt56ffoej0kryl

More nervous about a Garret Wilson injury at this point to be honest.

I am interested to see our first team defense get onto the field too.  Hopefully it is Daniel jones that is running for his life and our secondary as good as we all think.

If he’s gonna get hurt better earlier than late so no need to worry about preseason. The goal is always to get after Rogers until he makes you pay just like all the greats. The real dogs will be hunting all season so no worries about a few snaps just to put butts in preseason seats.

9 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate‬⁩

#Steelers HC Mike Tomlin on deciding to play starters in the preseason: "I just think it's difficult to box without sparring."

Elite quote from Tomlin.

8/25/23, 12:59 PM

The Steelers live a charmed life though. I have seen way too many brutal preseason injuries for the Jets to condone it. 

16 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Poof...

And with this O-line...

Stop being a p#ssy.  Tonight is going to be awesome.  We get to see Aaron Rodgers sling it around for a few series.  Enjoy it!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsruby said:

If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt tomorrow I genuinely think that's a firable offense by Saleh. With this O-line and our injury history of QBs in preseason (Pennington 2003 NYG, Sanchez 2013 NYG, Zach Wilson 2022 vs PHI) it is straight up negligence. 

And if Rodgers and the 1st team offense play well tonight, please come back here and praise Saleh for making a great call on playing Rodgers.

Be fair jet fans!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

More nervous about if this team has gelled into cohesive units offense and defense. Injuries happen my worry is will it take 3 or 4 regular season games for these players to get some semblance of unity. For me that is what can make or break this season.

That seems to be the new NFL..September is what August used to be...Starters used to play in at least 3 ps games and usually the 3rd ps game the starters played into the 3rd quarter..Now they barely play a total of 2 quarters all preseason..

If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt tomorrow I genuinely think that's a firable offense by Saleh. With this O-line and our injury history of QBs in preseason (Pennington 2003 NYG, Sanchez 2013 NYG, Zach Wilson 2022 vs PHI) it is straight up negligence. 

That means absolutely nothing to 2023, Aaron Rodgers and this years team...

You seriously think these players give a sh*t about what happened in 2003, 2013 and even last season? C'mon.

And you know damn well - higher ups - JD, Woody etc. all have signed off on this.  If JD or Woody didn't want him to play he wouldn't.

Even some fans have become soft

• Upvote 2

So if Rodgers gets hurt the first play against Buffalo is it also a fireable offense?

Rodgers is set to play over 1000 snaps over the course of the entire season.  Adding 10-20 more is nothing.  This take is beyond stupid.  Get over it.

• Upvote 1

Not Nervous ... Pussies. 

Just had a Convo with Chad, Vinnie, Sanchez  Zach, Teddy ... All said injury risk in the preseason was unders t a t ...

Awwwww shiiiii I I I I 

6d04c301db2305243a4c01480c0d942d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1