Pushing my chips to the center of the table. This team is going to the playoffs.

jetstream23

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Resilient win. Any other Jets team mails it in the second Rodgers goes down.

This team without Aaron Rodgers beat a fully healthy Buffalo Bills team. The Jets defense is not very good, it is elite. This was a 7–4 team competing for the playoffs last year with Zach Wilson until they lost Breece Hall, AVT, Duane Brown, etc. 

Even without Rodgers this team is probably 20% better than last year.

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. He might be just good enough to drive this bus.

Game balls tonight go to Xavier Gipson, the defensive line, Jordan Whitehead, Coach Saleh.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

While you push your chips, I’ll be forming a support group. All are welcome.

578880A0-6728-4390-A1C5-1998B1FA4EB5.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I want to believe because I really like this team but I just don't see it.  Things will likely come crashing down to earth by next Sunday night.

Certainly possible. Two years ago, I would agree with this 100%.

Sure, Wilson may turn out to not be good enough to get them where they are capable of going. But I don’t see this team imploding. I don’t see them giving up. This is a different group of dudes and a different head coach.

The defense will keep us within shouting distance of most opponents into the second half of every game. And, in games the Jets are trailing, Wilson is the kind of guy who will make some bonehead mistakes, but he also has the arm and the feet to make some unbelievable plays. I think back to the Pittsburgh comeback last year.

I think the formula on offense will be simple. Rush the ball, keep a leash on Wilson with certain throws, and if you’re trailing late, unleash him for some hero ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Resilient win. Any other Jets team mails it in the second Rodgers goes down.

This team without Aaron Rodgers beat a fully healthy Buffalo Bills team. The Jets defense is not very good, it is elite. This was a 7–4 team competing for the playoffs last year with Zach Wilson until they lost Breece Hall, AVT, Duane Brown, etc. 

Even without Rodgers this team is probably 20% better than last year.

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. He might be just good enough to drive this bus.

Game balls tonight go to Xavier Gipson, the defensive line, Jordan Whitehead, Coach Saleh.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

ZW -- as a backup-- just basically started and won a game is 1-0 and outplayed Josh Allen.

This game was the JD product and system in effect. The general system, the team JD has made is looking like it works even playing the generic and default system with a  backup QB  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Sure, Wilson may turn out to not be good enough to get them where they are capable of going. But I don’t see this team imploding. I don’t see them giving up. This is a different group of dudes and a different head coach.

The defense will keep us within shouting distance of most opponents into the second half of every game. And, in games the Jets are trailing, Wilson is the kind of guy who will make some bonehead mistakes, but he also has the arm and the feet to make some unbelievable plays. I think back to the Pittsburgh comeback last year.

I think the formula on offense will be simple. Rush the ball, keep a leash on Wilson with certain throws, and if you’re trailing late, unleash him for some hero ball.

Honestly, the thing that really surprised me was the play called on the pick.  We heard all offseason how Rodgers does not like throwing to the middle of the field because that's where passes go to die.  He throws the edges and the short stuff.  Wilson's throw was called right down the middle.  WTF was the thought process on that?

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Cowboys pass rush is going to eat Zach Wilson alive 

Got to be at least a 10-15% chance he gets knocked out next week.  Hopefully he’s getting the ball out quick and WRs don’t all take the deep options on blitzes   

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I doubt it.

Had the Bills game planned for Zach, I doubt we even win this game. They would have prepared for a rush heavy offense.

We are going to need other worldly defensive performances going forward.

We are back to being the same team as last season. You remember, the one where we lost 7 in a row.

Not the same. We don’t have Mike White. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Totally agree with your post.

It's horrific losing Rodgers without him even finishing a single series, but these type things have happened to this Franchise at a rate that defies all statistical probability, so there should never be any Shock anymore, and there isn't for me.

There was no guarantee that Rodgers would make it through 17 grueling games and then push through the play-offs.

The D is incredibly stout, you basically have 1 3/4 Shut-down Corners and a 2nd tier Dline that could start for many teams.

The D like you said should keep almost every game close.

Tonight Wilson completed close to 70% of his passes when they allowed him to throw, was pretty much pinpoint on "layup" throws, where over the past 2 years it seemed he was Steve Sax of the Yankees trying to throw a ball to first base, that was ALL psychological because it never was an issue at BYU, now it isn't.  You have two #1 backs to help Wilson who will most likely rip off some major yards on screens this year too, some TE's who can at least catch what's thrown to them most of the time, lots of years the Jets never even had 1 of those.  You also have a fantastic All Pro WR in his 2nd year who will be a Top 2 WR in this league.

I was a big Wilson fan from Day 1 because of the physical gift of a cannon arm, but the kid has been terrible at Reading D's and that is Always the downfall of every young QB at the highest level.  But maybe with Aaron Rodgers being his shadow a lot of good comes from it and we all have an exciting season and the light comes on for Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I was crestfallen, but this team makes me a believer, They stuck together. The D was elite. We’ll never see the 85 Bears again because the rules will not allow it, but these guys are special. And i did not see an Offense that shunned an ineffective Wilson, I saw one that wanted to pick him up and support him. My hope is that Rodgers feels enough commitment to his new teammates and organization to try to finish the job of tutoring Wilson and becomes a sideline presence In Wilson’s ear all game long. If i was writing a script Wilson would move into Rodgers house for the duration of the season.

While every numb bone in my body wanted to give up on this cursed franchise as the reality of Rodgers injury sunk in, the players won me back. They picked each other up and willed themselves to a win. They have broken my heart before, but this feels different and the reality is after over 50 years of giving my heart to this team 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I was crestfallen, but this team makes me a believer, They stuck together. The D was elite. We’ll never see the 85 Bears again because the rules will not allow it, but these guys are special. And i did not see an Offense that shunned an ineffective Wilson, I saw one that wanted to pick him up and support him. My hope is that Rodgers feels enough commitment to his new teammates and organization to try to finish the job of tutoring Wilson and becomes a sideline presence In Wilson’s ear all game long. If i was writing a script Wilson would move into Rodgers house for the duration of the season.
While every numb bone in my body wanted to give up on this cursed franchise as the reality of Rodgers injury sunk in, the players won me back. They picked each other up and willed themselves to a win. They have broken my heart before, but this feels different and the reality is after over 50 years of giving my heart to this team 

Hear, Hear Sonny ...

Only 16 more to go till we are 17-0.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1