Jets Coaches Didn't Sleep

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

You coach the team.  This guy has been selling positive vibes and now that he has some adversity he's devestated.  Show some spine and rally the troops and figure out how to beat the Cowboys.   

Dallas will be overconfident and ripe for slaughter! Use their over aggressiveness against them. Screens and quick slants with 35 rushes. Eliminate the posibioof turnovers by giving Zach simple tasks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Did they say anything about the hubris of our GM and him having the audacity to think going all-in meant signing Randall Cobb and drafting a backup EDGE in R1, a backup C in the 2nd round, and a backup OT to fix the horrific OL that led to 3 QBs being beaten down last year?

And yet with all those " mistakes", we beat one of the best teams in football after losing our starting QB.   I guess he has done a few good things?

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Dallas will be overconfident and ripe for slaughter! Use their over aggressiveness against them. Screens and quick slants with 35 rushes. Eliminate the posibioof turnovers by giving Zach simple tasks.

The Giants went into fetal position after the blocked fg.  The Jets have to play D and run right at their speed rushers.  

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I didn't mean to imply you meant last night you should know that, but no way Woody fires anyone after this season ...he knows exactly what Wilson is and he knows this team once again got bit by a freak injury. 

Now if the Jets do not make an attempt at bringing in a QB like a Wentz or a Foles or whomever you want to fill in the blank with that could be in some way shape or form competent and then try to prop up Zach in our faces every week about him "getting better" or "learning" then maybe their jobs will be in question. 

I think you’re trying to read into my statement too much. They’re doomed and they know it. That’s the message.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

And yet with all those " mistakes", we beat one of the best teams in football after losing our starting QB.   I guess he has done a few good things?

On defense, yes. Still doesn’t mean it’s okay that he can’t build an OL.

Just now, Matt39 said:

And then they got a stop in OT. Allen and Diggs in a hurry up are going to make plays. 

When the pressure was off and the moment had passed. They shouldn’t have let it get to OT.

Allen and Diggs hadn’t ‘made plays’ alll game. The D shrunk in the biggest moment. Gipson bailed them out. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

When the pressure was off and the moment had passed. They shouldn’t have let it get to OT.

Allen and Diggs hadn’t ‘made plays’ alll game. The D shrunk in the biggest moment. Gipson bailed them out. Deal with it.

I think Sauce getting exposed on national Tv could end up being good for him, so a silver lining. Another test next week against Lamb on national tv too. He’s not going to make the pro bowl with people actually getting to watch him this year unless he figures it out.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I think Sauce getting exposed on national Tv could end up being good for him, so a silver lining. Another test next week against Lamb on national tv too. 

Truth. The whole D likes their own hype too much… and Saleh is the hype man extraordinaire!

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

LOL holding the Bills to a 50 yard field goal is the D shrinking ? They shut the Bills down completely in the entire second half only to have to stay on the field more than any defense could have overcome and you're saying they shrunk ? Come on man. 

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you’re trying to read into my statement too much. They’re doomed and they know it. That’s the message.

I read in your statement that the coaching staff will lose their jobs at seasons end and I think you meant every bit of that not sure what I read into "too much" 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Shrunk in the biggest moment? It was a 50 yard fg that just snuck through. Did the Bills not open OT with ball? Does that not count?

The D gave up 16 points, forced 4 turnovers and we won the game with our backup qb.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

LOL holding the Bills to a 50 yard field goal is the D shrinking ? They shut the Bills down completely in the entire second half only to have to stay on the field more than any defense could have overcome and you're saying they shrunk ? Come on man. 

I read in your statement that the coaching staff will lose their jobs at seasons end and I think you meant every bit of that not sure what I read into "too much" 

Okay, Smash.

Just now, John Blaze said:

Shrunk in the biggest moment? It was a 50 yard fg that just snuck through. Did the Bills not open OT with ball? Does that not count?

The D gave up 16 points, forced 4 turnovers and we won the game with our backup qb.

Defenses that compare themselves to the 85 Bears don’t allow the easy completions to set it up.

You guys are so adamant about defending the D you’re looking past the fact that there was a zero percent chance of ZW scoring in OT. The D put us in jeopardy when it mattered. If you talk the talk, the stomp on theI necks to close the game.

• Thumb Down 2

37 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Let's not go nuts here.  The 49ers are winning with Brock Freakin' Purdy and are about to launch Trey Lance out of the solar system.  Drafting a QB is a crap shoot.  There is no magic GM that can just pick them all the time...

Funny,  Andy Reid seems to do it, but I digress.

Plan, execution and results are all separate things.

planning on drafting a QB 2 overall needs a good plan in place, a rookie HC who is a glorified DC, with a rookie OC with no qb experience, drafting a very raw QB is a poor plan

The execution was worse, playing him way too early, ignoring his mechanics, etc

The results suck, we have no QB

49ers butchered at least 2 of 3 but when you have a sb caliber team, you have the results, and I would argue their environment and coaching staff was way better prepared to identify and develop a QB than the Jets situation, but the Lance pick was attrocious made worse by what they gave up to get him

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, but if our vaunted defense that was gifted an opportunity to slam the door doesn’t let them rip right down the field… yes.

Buffalo has had an explosive offense. The coaching staff made the decision to play soft “read-react” which never works. I won’t throw our players under the bus like that. They played great!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Funny,  Andy Reid seems to do it, but I digress.

Plan, execution and results are all separate things.

planning on drafting a QB 2 overall needs a good plan in place, a rookie HC who is a glorified DC, with a rookie OC with no qb experience, drafting a very raw QB is a poor plan

The execution was worse, playing him way too early, ignoring his mechanics, etc

The results suck, we have no QB

49ers butchered at least 2 of 3 but when you have a sb caliber team, you have the results, and I would argue their environment and coaching staff was way better prepared to identify and develop a QB than the Jets situation, but the Lance pick was attrocious made worse by what they gave up to get him

Fair.  Total agreement that the execution of the "Zach Wilson" plan was horrendous.  Where I disagree is when people base their GM grade on how well they identify and draft QB talent.  That to me is far more of a crap shoot vs. some organic skill.  The only edge a GM has in this regard is to tank when there is an Andrew Luck, Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow in the draft.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, addage said:

The decision to pursue AR was not by Douglas.  It was by Woody

That’s certainly the JD fanboi narrative today. Quite different than it was when we were trading for and reconstructing Rodgers.

As I predicted then, all the credit being given then was for JD, but now that it’s failed all the blame is only for Woody?

Lol ok.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Defenses that compare themselves to the 85 Bears don’t allow the easy completions to set it up.

You guys are so adamant about defending the D you’re looking past the fact that there was a zero percent chance of ZW scoring in OT. The D put us in jeopardy when it mattered. If you talk the talk, the stomp on theI necks to close the game.

The defense played well. 

No defense is perfect. Especially in today's game. 

Even the 85 Bears (which I would not compare our defense to) gave up 16 or more points 5 times that year. They gave up 28 points week 1.

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

I've never bought Saleh's BS.  Why is he devestated?  Great players go down all the time.  You rally the troops.  You draw up plays.  You coach the team.  This guy has been selling positive vibes and now that he has some adversity he's devestated.  Show some spine and rally the troops and figure out how to beat the Cowboys.   

This teams players fought like hell and won.  Those are your guys.  Coach them.

you mean the guy who rallied the team and won against Buffolo last night? I mean what are you even talking about.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Spot on.  Parcell's wouldn't be sad that Rodgers was hurt.  Rodgers would be dead to him.  He would figure out how to win with the guys he had.

IS that why Parcells freaked out and didn't use Ray Lucas at all until the season was lost and the run meant nothing?  Because Rick Mirer was the real deal?

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's tough to stop any good O from driving for a FG today, especially with the range so many kickers have.  I thought they played it very smart all the way around.  Conservative but they were in position to win with a mistake by Buffalo and worst case get a shot in over time. 

Agreed.... especially getting the ball at the 25 yl. Don't understand why they can't kick the ball higher but shorter and give our ST a chance to pin them back. It also takes another 5-8 seconds off the clock. Risky I know but they only need 30-35 yards to kick a FG

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And my point still stands that he did indeed go the cowardly route settling for the FG and it nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'd argue that's more a product of what he had to work with, rather than what he'd instinctively do. That's on JD, not Saleh.

If Saleh had chosen to let Zach throw and end up throwing an INT, costing us 3 points and the game, we'd all be eviscerating him for throwing with the worst QB in the league when our run game was dominating.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I am kind of wondering whether JD has taken this team as far as he can.

The theory is that Woody was responsible for bringing Rodgers in-how JD is treated will bear witness to that.  

But the Zach Wilson and Becton picks were terrible (as was Trey Lance), and the Jets will have a first round draft pick this off season to find a QB.  

The Jets may need some type of change in the front office to ensure that they are building a team that can compete in the future.  

Darnold was not great pick.  It was probably the right call to move on from him.  We are watching that.

Wilson was a terrible pick.

Signing a 39-year old Rodgers was a big gamble that royally backfired.  

So at some point you have to either replace the decisionmakers making flawed decisions or get new decision makers.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'd argue that's more a product of what he had to work with, rather than what he'd instinctively do. That's on JD, not Saleh.

If Saleh had chosen to let Zach throw and end up throwing an INT, costing us 3 points and the game, we'd all be eviscerating him for throwing with the worst QB in the league when our run game was dominating.

I mean sure but since I was expecting a loss anyways who gives a sh*t?  Even the win was a pretty hollow feeling as soon as reality settled in that Rodgers was done.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean sure but since I was expecting a loss anyways who gives a sh*t?  Even the win was a pretty hollow feeling as soon as reality settled in that Rodgers was done.

Then why are you so hard pressed to call Saleh a coward here?

It's just weird that how hard you're being on Saleh for not wanting Zach to throw, when you have been consistently one of the most vocal about how bad Zach is and that we can't win with him throwing the ball.

I'm not even a Saleh apologist or anything.

It's like admonishing someone lost in the forest for choosing to go hungry, and be like "why not even try to eat the poison berries, what a coward, smdh".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1