Jets Coaches Didn't Sleep

Gase and Maccagnan ran the Jets into the ground, were fired and have not been seen since. 

Bowles was not up to the job, was hired by his mentor, handed an HC job again, proved he was not up for that, will be fired and end up a DC again, this time for life. 

I am not sure that JD and Saleh are up for this job with the Jets, but I do know that if they are let go or not extended, they will get other jobs.  They may welcome the opportunity to do their jobs without Johnson involvement.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Won't last. You can't exclusively run the ball for 17 weeks and not expect to wear down.

My original post was about the first 9 games of the season and that they will not be 3-6. Lets not act like they can't beat the Giants, Pats, Raiders, and Broncos who are all worse teams. I expect another 4 wins out of the next 8 games making them 5-4 after 9. You can disagree. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Biggs said:

It shows a lack of support for the players.  He's a head coach.  Suck it up and act like one.

You think Reid isn't talking about Mahomes going down game 1 with an Achilles as devastation?  He would express his regret for Mahomes BC, "he knows how hard he works and what he means to the team.". 

He was all about the grit and determination of his players in his statements, it's not like he can not answer questions about the franchise sized elephant in the room.  What else is he supposed to say besides "regret he went down, proud our team fought hard."?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Biggs said:

Yes, why is a HC who never coaches and was brought in to build a positive culture devestated?   It makes him look like a fake snake oil salesman.  Show some spine. 

For those of us watching the game on TV, it was scary how devastated and lost Saleh looked on the sidelines when this first went down.  To his credit and the coaching staff's credit their adjustments at halftime worked out well.  Zach had a better 2nd half and the defense and special teams were terrific. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I like how our fans are glossing over how quickly they tied it right back up. If not for Gipson, we don’t score in OT. We got really unlucky to start the game, and moderately lucky to end it.

So the Bills drill a ball into the goal post and it miraculously falls over the crossbar and we were the ones who were lucky?  Interest take. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, rtnelson said:

You think Reid isn't talking about Mahomes going down game 1 with an Achilles as devastation?  He would express his regret for Mahomes BC, "he knows how hard he works and what he means to the team.". 

He was all about the grit and determination of his players in his statements, it's not like he can not answer questions about the franchise sized elephant in the room.  What else is he supposed to say besides "regret he went down, proud our team fought hard."?

If Saleh had Reid’s winning percentage he could say whatever he wants.   

If Mahomes had played 4 downs for the Chiefs I doubt Reid makes a big deal about it.

Part of the problem here is the Jets have made Rodgers, the face of the Packers and a guy near the end of his career the focal point of the team.  The league media machine has doubled Down.   If a special teams player went down he goes on IR and maybe gets a comment.

The reality he wanted out of GB they wanted him out and we jumped in fully.  Yea it sucks he went down and probably never produces for us.  As a fan, I’ve moved on.  I would hope the professionals who run the Jets do the same and very fast.   

Rodgers had a good run.  Made a ton of money. Won a SB and will go into the HOF.  4 downs as a Jets player.   Move on.  He’s absolutely irrelevant as a NY Jets.  He’s part of the Packers legacy along with Starr and Favre.  He’s going to have a great life.   The Jets players deserve the full attention of the staff and the Jets need to sign a QB now.

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No, it really isn’t and last night wasn’t the punchline to anything.  You can still be upset, or disagree, with the philosophy while simultaneously acknowledging that the injury was completely unrelated to the philosophy.  

If Aaron executes the plays correctly, he’s probably not done for the season after 4 snaps.  That’s the honest and gut-wrenching truth we and Aaron are faced with today.  He’d probably tell you the same thing after reviewing the tape, if he hasn’t already.  If you want to ignore it because of a preconceived issue, then that’s on you.  The facts of the situation aren’t going to change and Garrett Wilson isn’t magically going to be covered, not wide open, in the film review because you have a problem with Joe Douglas or his approach to the OL.

I mean, you can type all the words in the world to try shifting the argument. Fact is, JD screwed the pooch.

16 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Being upset at Cobb at $2m to give Rodgers his security blanket is nuts.

You forgot to include the picks you would have made in your response

Again, don’t care about the $2m. I care about the roster spot. My draft preferences were widely stated in the draft thread. I’m not going digging for them. It was not to select another edge though, not with the #1 priority to add a veteran QB and not get them killed.

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

So the Bills drill a ball into the goal post and it miraculously falls over the crossbar and we were the ones who were lucky?  Interest take. 

It was a 50 yard attempt. Bass makes that a huge percentage of the time. The key was to not allow an attempt, we failed by allowing it, and we’re subsequently lucky to have a punt return TD because we have no real offense with Zach.

I fear for the future if this country that done of you guts don’t understand this.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Again, don’t care about the $2m. I care about the roster spot. My draft preferences were widely stated in the draft thread. I’m not going digging for them. It was not to select another edge though, not with the #1 priority to add a veteran QB and not get them killed.

I was not in favor of Edge either but idk what other player would have made sense at that pick. All the OTs were of the board and JSN hasn't exactly looked great.

Okay, so your issue with Cobb was the roster spot. Which player did you prefer to keep over him?

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I was not in favor of Edge either but idk what other player would have made sense at that pick. All the OTs were of the board and JSN hasn't exactly looked great.

Okay, so your issue with Cobb was the roster spot. Which player did you prefer to keep over him?

Drafting to go all-in on with a veteran QB means firepower or protection.

I agree, the OT prospects were mostly gone. However, the top C and OG were not. I think Tippman and his ‘bend’ is a project and won’t immediately help. There were guards that immediately could start, meaning we move AVT to tackle or move Tomlinson off the roster.

As for Cobbs roster spot, I was very vocal that we should have primarily addressed protection via FA. Look at all the movement from this FA period at OT, and explain why we came into 2023 with Aaron Rodgers being protected by Duane Brown and Mekhi Becton.

IMG_2939.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Cobb is a locker room guy.  As long as AR was under center he was going no where.  Get over it.  Geesh some fans go out of their way to find issues to complain about.  I tired greater with these SOJFs. 

Go Jets! :) 

Yea, they’re the worst.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Dallas will be overconfident and ripe for slaughter! Use their over aggressiveness against them. Screens and quick slants with 35 rushes. Eliminate the posibioof turnovers by giving Zach simple tasks.

Hey brotha', are you making up new words now? ..."posibioof"...haha:mrgreen:

Okay, coach Boozer, sounds like a good offensive plan! ::GoJets:

God bless.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, you can type all the words in the world to try shifting the argument. Fact is, JD screwed the pooch.

Maybe so.  Maybe Aaron does get hurt later on in the game/season because of that; we’ll never know.  The injury that DID happen is still completely unrelated, and that isn’t up for debate.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Maybe so.  Maybe Aaron does get hurt later on in the game/season because of that; we’ll never know.  The injury that DID happen is still completely unrelated, and that isn’t up for debate.

That’s not what I was talking about though, that’s what you responded with. I have thought all along an injury was inevitable, because of the GM’s lack of foresight regarding protection. I said it during the draft. I said it during FA. I said it after Rodgers got here. I just don’t come in here and repeat stuff over and over like some people. 

So, my reaction and point here is that this is what you get with a flawed strategy. 

• Sympathy 1