Jets vs Chiefs: Official Game Thread, Anything is Possible!!!

Maxman

Injured New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers rejoined the team Saturday, attended the evening meeting, and will be present for Sunday night's home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at MetLife Stadium, according to multiple reports.

Rodgers, who tore an Achilles tendon in Week 1, underwent surgery Sept. 13 and had been rehabbing in the Los Angeles area, near his home. He alerted the team about a week ago that he might return for the game, but he first needed medical clearance before he could fly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is Saleh’s Waterloo, and it should mark the end of Zach Wilson’s reign of terror over the Jets’ chances. The Chiefs offense hasn’t been great this year, but it’s starting to ramp up and Mahomes will be motivated to show off in front of Taylor Swift and the billions of new eyeballs watching this game. As for Wilson, Steve Spagnuolo has the Chiefs defense already playing on tilt, so it should be an early bedtime for anyone thinking we’re getting a “different” or “unrestrained” Zach game. There is no other Zach Wilson. No way Zach plays well enough that Saleh makes Hackett go into Week Five against Sean Payton with him killing the team. I’m guessing we get Siemian after the half, and the offense will show some life. After tonight, Zach Wilson never takes another snap in a Jets jersey. 

this is certainly the most likely outcome ... but then history has shown us that surprises can happen ....

eli-manning-sbxlii-655x350_original.jpg?

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is Saleh’s Waterloo, and it should mark the end of Zach Wilson’s reign of terror over the Jets’ chances. The Chiefs offense hasn’t been great this year, but it’s starting to ramp up and Mahomes will be motivated to show off in front of Taylor Swift and the billions of new eyeballs watching this game. As for Wilson, Steve Spagnuolo has the Chiefs defense already playing on tilt, so it should be an early bedtime for anyone thinking we’re getting a “different” or “unrestrained” Zach game. There is no other Zach Wilson. No way Zach plays well enough that Saleh makes Hackett go into Week Five against Sean Payton with him killing the team. I’m guessing we get Siemian after the half, and the offense will show some life. After tonight, Zach Wilson never takes another snap in a Jets jersey. 

barring a Seiman injury this will be the last NFL game Zach will ever play. his NFL career is done after tonight.

we have to watch out for that one good drive Zach will have after the game is over in the 4th qt to give them an excuse to play him vs Denver. we know these idiots well enough to know they will look at the struggling Denver team as a chance to get Zach some confidence and get him right. i know thats crazy but you know Saleh wants an excuse to keep playing Zach, plus they love to start him in road games so his fragile confidence doesnt have to deal with the booes if he plays bad.

• Upvote 3

Only way we win is if Saleh / Hackett pull a 180 and the Jets go in with a different script, especially with Zach still the lead.

1. Play action on first down

2. Utilize Hardman’s speed & Rucket’s blocking

3. Stretch the field, horizontally and vertically 

4. Trick plays

5. All to soften the box

6. Pass to run, not the other way around

7. Then run Breece behind #77

8. Shadow Kelce with Sauce

There’s no evidence to show they can adapt and surprise.  If there is a time to do it, tonight’s the night.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

... and as the smoke cleared the field of battle, and the fallen were left to become earthen again ...

... those left behind looked out in horror, as the realization what was to come settle into their thoughts ... Trevor Semen, Timothy Boyle ...

... all the while the Ghost of Aaron Rodgers blanketed the company of men, welcoming them to the great unending abyss.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I love the “ let’s take the training wheels off Zach “ narrative…started by imbeciles like Brandon Tierney …guy spent all summer trying to run Pete Alonso out of town but is lecturing us about supporting the worst QB since the merger ….go ahead , take the training wheels off , there’s a reason that 5 year olds use training wheels by the way, so they don’t crash the bike and hurt themselves. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

I love the “ let’s take the training wheels off Zach “ narrative…started by imbeciles like Brandon Tierney …guy spent all summer trying to run Pete Alonso out of town but is lecturing us about supporting the worst QB since the merger ….go ahead , take the training wheels off , there’s a reason that 5 year olds use training wheels by the way, so they don’t crash the bike and hurt themselves. 

Bike Crash Fail GIF

How ZW without “training wheels” ends. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Only way we win is if Saleh / Hackett pull a 180 and the Jets go in with a different script, especially with Zach still the lead.

1. Play action on first down

2. Utilize Hardman’s speed & Rucket’s blocking

3. Stretch the field, horizontally and vertically 

4. Trick plays

5. All to soften the box

6. Pass to run, not the other way around

7. Then run Breece behind #77

8. Shadow Kelce with Sauce

There’s no evidence to show they can adapt and surprise.  If there is a time to do it, tonight’s the night.  

Only way we win is perfect FG kicking and multiple ST/DEF TDs. Offense sucks. That’s not changing. Rest of the team has to make up for the deficiency. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

If I have to hear another voice say “where are the reverses to Mecole Hardman??” I’m going to lose it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Injured New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers rejoined the team Saturday, attended the evening meeting, and will be present for Sunday night's home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at MetLife Stadium, according to multiple reports.

Rodgers, who tore an Achilles tendon in Week 1, underwent surgery Sept. 13 and had been rehabbing in the Los Angeles area, near his home. He alerted the team about a week ago that he might return for the game, but he first needed medical clearance before he could fly.

Might give us a 3 point boost. 

7 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Only way we win is perfect FG kicking and multiple ST/DEF TDs. Offense sucks. That’s not changing. Rest of the team has to make up for the deficiency. 

Me personally, I feel that’s the trap mentality.  That’s what Saleh and staff keep hoping for, going back to Zach at the end of last year.

We’ve lost 8 of 9 games.

Need to score some points against the Chiefs.  Saleh being happy Zach didn’t throw an Int is not the right script.  We know Zach is going to make mistakes, let’s see if he can counter with some positive plays.

I’ll continue to write it:   Insanity is doing the same thing over and over & expecting different results.  

• Upvote 2

Me personally, I feel that’s the trap mentality.  That’s what Saleh and staff keep hoping for, going back to Zach at the end of last year.
We’ve lost 8 of 9 games.
Need to score some points against the Chiefs.  Saleh being happy Zach didn’t throw an Int is not the right script. 

1000% right ... saleh can't be gone soon enough ... he is yet another defensive genius wallowing in his own hubris.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

We’ve lost 8 of 9 games.

Need to score some points against the Chiefs.  Saleh being happy Zach didn’t throw an Int is not the right script.

I’ll continue to write it:   Insanity is doing the same thing over and over & expecting different results.  

It’s called facing the hard facts.