Jets vs Chiefs: Official Game Thread, Anything is Possible!!!

Maxman

The Jets offense will be bad that is a given.
I want to see our much touted defense have a huge game, harass mahomes all game and give kelce problems.
No more LAME excuses about poor old us our O is not good so we can play like trash.
Is this D really or isn't it?  Time for them to not only show up but to do damage.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, we know mahomes will get his passing yards... the back breaking runs on 3rd and 8 where he breaks contain is what just kills me... how many of those will we see

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If AR8 turns out to be the QB whisperer we all hope he is then we've got a chance.  All we really need is for Zach to make good throws/decisions 51% of the time.  Make that 51% for Hackett too.  The rest of the roster will do the rest.  Go Jets! 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will never give up. Anything is possible. It's time for the Jets to shock the world and beat the Chiefs.

With a win, the Jets get this season back on track. They will change the narrative. 

The Chiefs are distracted. They are worried about friendship bracelets right now. 

This Jets team needs to rally around each other. No pointing fingers. This coaching staff needs to put together a smart game plan that utilizes their playmakes.

They shocked the Bills, they can shock the Chiefs. I will be there when the parking lot opens. And we have a working game thread this week.

Let's go Jets! Get it done.

Gameday (well, game-time specifically) is for hope, prayer and rooting.

We have all week to face how truly terrible we are this year, every year, ect.

So go Jets!  Odds say this will be a bloodbath, but hope springs eternal...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If AR8 turns out to be the QB whisperer we all hope he is then we've got a chance.  All we really need is for Zach to make good throws/decisions 51% of the time.  Make that 51% for Hackett too.  The rest of the roster will do the rest.  Go Jets! 

Dude, Zach Wilson sucks. Rodgers isn't changing that. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saleh has been coaching games to stay close.  Keep it within one score and have a chance to win if you can make a play or two in the 4th quarter.  We made enough plays to pull out an unlikely win week 1, but you are not going to win many games that way.  We are so conservative that there is no margin for error.  One busted play on defense last week, and we lost.

Was reading an article yesterday about Kirby Smart.  His belief is that the most important stat in football is explosive plays.  It is more predictive of victory than turnover margin.  Make more explosive plays on O, D and ST than the other team and you are likely to win,  Our O makes so few explosives that we have little to no margin for error in a game.  Fall behind by two scores, even if it is early in the game, and it seems like an insurmountable obstacle.

An explosive play for us is a 5 yard run on 3rd and 12.😎

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This Chiefs defense has been playing well since they lost their home opener to Detroit in game 1. If the Jets can't move the ball or score on them, we're toast. 

The Chiefs offense had a breakout game against the Bears but I'm not nec. sold on its 'resurgence'. They put up 17 on Jax and 20 on Det. Our defense can keep us in the game if the offense can put some points on the board. 

Mahomes is Mahomes and clearly their biggest weapon. This can't be a game where we let him bail out poor KC play or the Jets will lose. In other words, some things will just have to go our way. 

The Jets really need to open the offense and mix things up. They need to score early, they need to get G.Wilson involved early. They can't be predictable with the run and force it to Breece. Again, be creative with your play-calling. 

This is a big game. And yes, the Jets can very much win. But they need to change a lot of things and a lot will need to go right and I doubt these things will happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is Saleh’s Waterloo, and it should mark the end of Zach Wilson’s reign of terror over the Jets’ chances. The Chiefs offense hasn’t been great this year, but it’s starting to ramp up and Mahomes will be motivated to show off in front of Taylor Swift and the billions of new eyeballs watching this game. As for Wilson, Steve Spagnuolo has the Chiefs defense already playing on tilt, so it should be an early bedtime for anyone thinking we’re getting a “different” or “unrestrained” Zach game. There is no other Zach Wilson. No way Zach plays well enough that Saleh makes Hackett go into Week Five against Sean Payton with him killing the team. I’m guessing we get Siemian after the half, and the offense will show some life. After tonight, Zach Wilson never takes another snap in a Jets jersey. 

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

• Upvote 1

I generally try to stay out all the Zach Wilson drama here, but I will say this. If the O struggles again and the team is trailing at the end of the first half (as is likely), Saleh needs to go with Tim Boyle to start the second half. I'd do that even if it's just a one score game at the half, like 10-3 KC or some such. 

I'm not optimistic about what Boyle is, but it would at least give the team a lift going into the second half. I'd only pull ZW earlier if he throws a couple of picks or otherwise implodes early on.

Not exactly an earth shattering take, I know.

:-)

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I generally try to stay out all the Zach Wilson drama here, but I will say this. If the O struggles again and the team is trailing at the end of the first half (as is likely), Saleh needs to go with Tim Boyle to start the second half. I'd do that even if it's just a one score game at the half, like 10-3 KC or some such. 

I'm not optimistic about what Boyle is, but it would at least give the team a lift going into the second half. I'd only pull ZW earlier if he throws a couple of picks or otherwise implodes early on.

Not exactly an earth shattering take, I know.

If Tim Boyle has to come in tonight, it's going to be extremely ugly.  Could you imagine a crowd of 50% Jet fans booing the crap out of Saleh and 50% Swifties looking to the jumbotron for glimpses of their heroine in a luxury box laughing it up with Travis Kelce's mom. 

Two things at once!

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Tim Boyle has to come in tonight, it's going to be extremely ugly.  Could you imagine a crowd of 50% Jet fans booing the crap out of Saleh and 50% Swifties looking to the jumbotron for glimpses of their heroine in a luxury box laughing it up with Travis Kelce's mom. 

Two things at once!

The Jets should give Taylor Swift a "Zach Wilson is Good" t-shirt and encourage her to wear it. That might make for some interesting TV.

2 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned, we know mahomes will get his passing yards... the back breaking runs on 3rd and 8 where he breaks contain is what just kills me... how many of those will we see

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Hoping to see them get creative in maybe McDonald being used in dropping in the middle and having double usage, disrupting Kelce's short yardage usage there and spying Mahomes for when he breaks those runs.

Anything is possible and we did beat Buffalo. But the offense incl the running game which won games for us last year isn't working. The players we don't think want to play with Zach of course a couple of big completions and scores could change this fast. I think Jets lose by about 20 today KC 31 Jets 13.