### Jets vs Giants - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I looked over numbers which don't tell you the whole story. Especially about the Giants pass rush. They only have 11 sacks near the bottom of the league and Thibodeaux has half of them. But they have good players on their D line like Leonard Williams never a big sack guy but a force on their D line. So if Zach can stay away to some degree from their rush and not lose yardage and kill drives we have a good chance. BTW I was surprised when I looked at sack stats the Jets are only a little better than the NYG at 13 sacks but in one less game. Jets 24 Giants 16. 

Jets and Giants have two of the bottom 5 scoring offenses in football. They don’t accumulate sacks because they don’t get those extra opponent dropbacks from teams trying to chase points in a game

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

What's weird is that you think it's weird to be nervous before a Jet game...

lol, I think it's because of all the, hahaha "Giants suck" talk that's been happening on the board all year long.  And I agree, they do suck and feel the Jets should win but we are the Jets.  

Obviously "on any given Sunday" but I am completely baffled by this concept that suddenly the Giants are a good team. They are a terrible team. The "better than Daniel Jones" has done nothing. They beat two crap teams I think that the Jets have created a template for the Bills.

I think the Jets are an overwhelming favorite. Of course it's raining so that will equalize things but Jets should win easily.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Obviously "on any given Sunday" but I am completely baffled by this concept that suddenly the Giants are a good team. They are a terrible team. The "better than Daniel Jones" has done nothing. They beat two crap teams I think that the Jets have created a template for the Bills.

I think the Jets are an overwhelming favorite. Of course it's raining so that will equalize things but Jets should win easily.

I think its a combination of the perception that the Giants might not be as bad as their record/numbers indicate (no clue if that's true tbh) and also, perhaps more understandably, Jets fans smelling a classic letdown game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

God bless all you guys that can watch this game In The same room with giants fans

i could never do it (that is on me I know) as it would turn ugly quick

Asked my brother (huge Giants fan) earlier in the week “hey wanna watch Jets-Giants together?” He said “hell no. You can come over for the 4 o’clock games”. Smart move by him tbh; I turn into a raging psycho watching the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

One thing I’ve learned watching red zone (besides that you can score tds) is that reffing around the league really stinks and that the refs hose other teams too. 

The PI vs. the Colts last week on a pass that was 5 yards past the end zone and not plausibly catchable was egregious. Arguably it decided the game. Whether that's incompetence or crooked, can't say. But with phone betting apps, an NFL Donaghy is probably already out there right now with his naughty boy phone.