Jets are 4 and 3 b#tches

Dunnie

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

We could be 7 - O and it still would not matter when you have a QB who can’t consistently attack the defense with his arm, it will eventually catch up to you.

He actually can attack a defense with his arm.  But he is gun shy now and wont take any risks for fear of throwing interceptions.  If they can get him to be a little more of a gunslinger I think we would see some good results.  

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He actually can attack a defense with his arm.  But he is gun shy now and wont take any risks for fear of throwing interceptions.  If they can get him to be a little more of a gunslinger I think we would see some good results.  

I sincerely think he is heading in that direction.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

who is gun shy? coaching staff or ZW? To me it looks like the coaching staff is pretty much insisting zero turnovers at all costs, much more so than ZW

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

It’s not just Zach. The Jets are trending to be the worst 3rd down offense in franchise history. Pretty nuts given we’ve seen some bad offenses over the years.

Hackett is terrible, Zach is terrible, WRs outside of Garrett are terrible, and OL is banged up. 

23% conversion rate on third down!!!!!

Being worse on 3rd downs than the 2020 team is about as bad as it gets. 

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

who is gun shy? coaching staff or ZW? To me it looks like the coaching staff is pretty much insisting zero turnovers at all costs, much more so than ZW

While the game is in the balance the CS staff’s directive is likely do not take the type of chances that prevents the D and STs from being able to win the game. When all seems lost anyway like the end of the game against the Giants they give Zack the green light to take any chances on the plays needed since at that point there is nothing to lose. Not ideal but that is the reality of where we are right now. It makes it likely virtually every game is going to be close.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You do see how silly that sounds, right?  A perfect record BUT.....

No sillier than when people were running victory laps at 5-2 last year with impending doom coming in the 2nd half that any reasonable person could see coming.  

Too bad its a 17-game season, not 7.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No sillier than when people were running victory laps at 5-2 last year with impending doom coming in the 2nd half that any reasonable person could see coming.  

What do you think the Jets final record will be this season? I just posted in the other thread, 10 and 7 is the low water mark at this point. With upside from there.

Curious what you think though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And wait a minute, didn't you start a thread saying you were wrong about Zach Wilson at 5 and 2?  LOL, Which one was it, doom or feeling good?  :)

• Haha 1