Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

I never wanted Rodgers and I certainly don't want Adams.

Though I admit AR has shown more buy in then I expected.

The way to build  a consistent contender is not by collecting fossils.

QB and receiver with our first two picks. Lanning as our next HC,

Douglas &  Saleh as 0ur  ex front office

• Upvote 1

Because I have been watching NY Jets drafts since they drafted Namath back in 1965 I noticed a familiar pattern that usually happens amongst Jets fans. We are often in our current position of not having a great OL except for a few times that we have had our OL players consistently selected for the Pro Bowl. Just like now most everyone is agreeing we need help for our OL. But when we get close to the actual draft fans start saying we should really take the best skill player instead of the OL.

I don't think this is a easy mindset to change because its the same thing that happens when a guy goes to buy a car. We go into the showroom knowing our budget and that our wife wants us to get a practical car that is good for the whole family.  When we are in the showroom we see all the flashy sport or offroad vehicles (2 seat convertibles, Jeep wranglers, etc...) and decide we want that instead. The difference with the draft is we usually don't go ahead and buy the 2 seat convertible (for our family of 5) . . . because we know that our wife won't talk to us, we'll be in the proverbial dog house and most importantly not getting any sack time with her.

8 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

It’s better than October.

That's the real difference between 2019-2021 and 2022-23.

19-21 the season was over almost instantly. Like, by October 1st you knew we sucked and the season was over.

22-23 we were teased with delusions of grandeur and allowed to think about the playoffs through the BYE. Stayed alive until November before collapsing and losing every single game.

12 hours ago, jetspower said:

Is that a bitch, the dude who I think potentially might be the best QB in the upcoming draft is penciled in heading to the Bucs.. Smdhimage.thumb.png.e7bc9392f8f331b6b5540f8a4747ae47.png

Just watched a few highlights.  He's tall with a great arm and it looks like very good accuracy.  He didn't look like he was pressured very much though.  Is he a pocket QB only?  If so, not sure he could survive here.

With a miraculous win this week, The Jets are right back in it. There could be 4 teams at 5-5.

Cincy Loses to Baltimore 5-5.

Indy on a bye 5-5

Chargers beat GB 5-5, of course we would prefer them to lose. I just don't see it.

Bills lose to Jets, they go to 5-6

Texans beat Arizona and move to 6-4. They lose they are at 5-5

Dolphins beat the Raiders and The Raiders are 5-6

Steelers are playing the Browns, one of them has to go to 6-4. I think it will be the Steelers.

It all comes down to this Sunday. Its not over yet, but this is it.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:29 PM, Green Truth said:

With a miraculous win this week, The Jets are right back in it. There could be 4 teams at 5-5.

Cincy Loses to Baltimore 5-5.

Indy on a bye 5-5

Chargers beat GB 5-5, of course we would prefer them to lose. I just don't see it.

Bills lose to Jets, they go to 5-6

Texans beat Arizona and move to 6-4. They lose they are at 5-5

Dolphins beat the Raiders and The Raiders are 5-6

Steelers are playing the Browns, one of them has to go to 6-4. I think it will be the Steelers.

It all comes down to this Sunday. Its not over yet, but this is it.

Tony Khan Once Again Makes Something About Himself and AEW, Tweets That ...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

This team isn't winning another game. Houston? Not seeing any wins. NOPE.

I think there’s a good chance we lose out . I guess NE is a possible win but if Belichick is truly on his way out he will play every game like the Super Bowl to try and F the Pats out of a top 3 pick .