Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

As I think all of you know, I am far, far from a doom and gloom fan.

I also still very much believe in Joe Douglas.

That said, this situation is fire everyone involved worthy.  They have jumbled this so bad it’s hard to take any of them seriously, from Douglas, to Saleh to Hackett and beyond.

Wilson, one of the biggest draft busts of all times, is telling them to cram it.  Not a good look at all.

Fascinating. Have to wonder if woody looks outside the organization for guidance with qbs now in play. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

100%. I don’t blame Zach, even though he’s awful and **** him to the moon and back

If he says he’s not going to play then he should retire then no? You can’t say you’re not going to play and be on the team. Where is Douglas?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jdeet said:

Who can blame him? He’s bad but the last two weeks prove that he wasn’t the main problem. Why would he risk injury to whatever future he has with another team, to try to win for a team that’s shot and a fanbase that hates him?   

Call him whatever you want, he is smart by not wanting to go back into this mess. 

It’s his job to play. He has no leverage other than him being buddies with the owner. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he doesn’t want to play, they have to cut him, right? 

I think you have to start him.  If he refuses to play they should be able to get some cap relief.  If this is true, I am either forcing him to start or leaking to the press that I never intended that little sh*t to start again and this is just a ploy by his management to keep him relevant.

• Haha 3

This is hilarious and sad at the same time.  On one hand Zach is still an NFL player on a roster and being reluctant to start and earn your paycheck no matter the situation is a bitch move.  

On the other hand this organization has bungled this situation so spectacularly I kind of understand where he's coming from.  

What a disaster!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No,  the Jets are the worst. They knew Wilson was better than boyle and semien, but benched him anyway to make him the scapegoat. 

Now they're begging him to play so the team looks somewhat functional on offense. He doesn't owe Saleh anything. 

They didn’t bench him to make him the scapegoat, they did it b/c they were trying everything and qb was another position to change. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1