Metlife Turf

HawkeyeJet

9 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Why is it only a MetLife issue ? What are they doing different than say Cincy or Dallas ?

I think it’s these cold, rainy games.  Jets and Giants each play at least 2 of them every season.  Sometimes, as many as 4.  
Terrible for the players and fans.  Half the home games in a 40-60 degree downpour?  Disgusting…

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think it’s these cold, rainy games.  Jets and Giants each play at least 2 of them every season.  Sometimes, as many as 4.  
Terrible for the players and fans.  Half the home games in a 40-60 degree downpour?  Disgusting…

I don’t buy that. A few years ago when the 49’ers were here (2020 ?) They lost Bosa and I think someone else. 

Carolina and Tennessee went to this turf recently so to me it is just strange that MetLife gets all the grief. 

• Upvote 3

AT&T stadium opened in 2009 and has Hellas Matrix Turf. The turf used at the AT&T stadium is made by the same manufacturer as that used at the Houston Texans' NRG Stadium. 

MetLife Stadium uses a new form of FieldTurf called FieldTurf Core system, which is made with dual-polymer monofilament fiber.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

AT&T stadium opened in 2009 and has Hellas Matrix Turf. The turf used at the AT&T stadium is made by the same manufacturer as that used at the Houston Texans' NRG Stadium. 

MetLife Stadium uses a new form of FieldTurf called FieldTurf Core system, which is made with dual-polymer monofilament fiber.

I think they use the same turf at Gillette. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Why is it only a MetLife issue ? What are they doing different than say Cincy or Dallas ?

They’re not.  
After switching to brand new turf there were claims that it wasn’t the newly christened top rated and approved NFL turf.  Jets and Giants decided to rip up that turf and put down that top rated turf even after the NFL checked the field and found nothing wrong with the turf.  

8 hours ago, heymangold said:

Saw somewhere that woody wants grass but the giants don’t.

blame the giants.

Woody is an idiot, and the Giants are intelligent. There’s no way a grass field lasts for almost 20 football games from August to January. Most teams that have grass only play 8 or 9 games on it, and even those have to constantly be repaired and facelifted or spray paint the mud. A grass field will never work at MetLife 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BP said:
Woody is an idiot, and the Giants are intelligent. There’s no way a grass field lasts for almost 20 football games from August to January. Most teams that have grass only play 8 or 9 games on it, and even those have to constantly be repaired and facelifted or spray paint the mud. A grass field will never work at MetLife 

Rotating tray system ... I know I saw something like that in one of these new facilities... The grass is grown underneath the field with special lights or something and rotated into service.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Damn near claimed another one today on a Wilson scramble.  I just watched the replay of his throws and it’s a miracle he didn’t blow his knee out. Plants to cut, cleats get caught, knee buckles.

How can two franchises invest so much money on players and blatantly pretend this isn’t an issue?  Cut costs somewhere else.

They better look long and hard at it this offseason.

Why does everyone assume it’s a cost thing? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I don’t buy that. A few years ago when the 49’ers were here (2020 ?) They lost Bosa and I think someone else. 

Carolina and Tennessee went to this turf recently so to me it is just strange that MetLife gets all the grief. 

Garoppolo got injured that game too, as I recall. 

Not the most reliable "witness for the prosecution" given he gets injured all the time. ;-) 

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Why does everyone assume it’s a cost thing? 

What else could it be?  They have an open air stadium in a climate with plenty of natural precipitation.  

What other reason could it possibly be to not have natural grass?  It’s more player friendly.  

Cashman, Will Anderson, Stroud....  all to be added to the list of players that the "improved" new MuttLife turf has swallowed alive.

MuttLife turf is toxic to one's NFL career.  I wouldn't want to play for either the Giants or the Jets. It's pretty obvious this turf is demonic.