49 minutes ago, nycdan said:

New song about the refs incoming.

48 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How'd I miss that easy layup?

26 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You have the hands of Kadarius Toney?

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

image.png

Also, one-liners aren’t really “your thing”, ya bloviating blusterer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rbstern said:

I see all these headlines about how upset Andy Reid and co. are about the offsides call that undid a fancy touchdown play.

And I don't get it.

The Chiefs' Toney clearly lined up in the neutral zone.  Not a little.  Most of his foot was forward of the ball.  His helmet was in the same plane as the ball.  The only other player who had a body part that far forward was the center, who's hand on the ball was in the same plane as Toney's helmet, but behind Toney's foot.  

The Chiefs' tackles are lined up so far back, the call could have just as easily been an illegal formation for too many men in the backfield.

Either the media is inventing the controversy, or the Chiefs are the whiniest sore losers in the league.

image.png.30006b29dc9c81f48797d85d76b91352.png

The flag was also thrown immediately.  The play hadn't happened.  

Right call.

The chiefs are the new media darling now that New England is the New New England.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd argue it is in fact very close and that players line up slightly in the neutral zone all the time without it being called.

I'd also argue that minor infractions becoming game deciding penalties is a major problem in the NFL. 

That said... It's the right call. Can't get too upset about something like this when your dummy WR lined up wrong.

How was the ref to know it would be game changing. If the flag was thrown after a touchdown was scored, perhaps, but this was prior to the play being run.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Larz said:

This happened last year too. The WR checks with the side judge a lot during the game to make sure that they are ok.  The side judge commonly gives a thumbs up. 

it’s not required for the SJ to do that.  Apparently someone complained last night that they get warnings from the SJ , which I think is bonkers. 

Yeah.  I was going to say that we generally looked to the ref to make sure we were okay.  Can't always do it, but I think you either go a step or two back or get some leeway if you acknowledge the guy's authority.

EDITED TO ADD:  I also don't think at my level these were generally called unless the D was pointing at the guy.  Otherwise they had to be super obvious.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Say what you want but I hate the disgusting Bills and I was pissed they called it.  

Once Jets are eliminated my primary rooting interests becomes whichever team is playing the Bills, Fins, or Pats. 

I think I hate the Chiefs more than the Bills. I can’t stand Mahomes, and I actually really like Josh Allen. 

58 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I get missed holding and procedure calls. Lots of moving parts. But lined up offsides should be called every time and it is not. Why?

for example, this happened Thursday night and was not called.

IMG_9889.thumb.jpeg.8ece74a9bf188b68e1bcaac8386a5a26.jpeg

I'm going to make 2 unpopular takes 

Football is entertainment part 1: I'm more entertained by a trick play TD KC wins ending then a ticky-tack penalty calling it all back (even if it's correct) 

Football is entertainment part 2 I'm happy the CFB playoff people made it so I didn't have to watch more of Florida State's backup QBs. I don't care they were undefeated and I don't care about what's fair. Just don't make me watch Brock Glenn do annoying tiktok dances when he scores in garbage time against Michigan down 70-7

Just now, bitonti said:

I'm going to make 2 unpopular takes 

Football is entertainment part 1: I'm more entertained by a trick play TD KC wins ending then a ticky-tack penalty calling it all back (even if it's correct) 

Football is entertainment part 2 I'm happy the CFB playoff people made it so I didn't have to watch more of Florida State's backup QBs. I don't care they were undefeated and I don't care about what's fair. Just don't make me watch Brock Glenn do annoying tiktok dances when he scores in garbage time against Michigan down 70-7

If that's all that matters, you still got to see the play. 

It just didn't count, is all. 

:) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Bottom line is yes, it is a penalty. It also reaffirms that a penalty can be thrown on literally every play and for the refs to decide that the last series is the time to pull the trigger on the call is stupid. Both things can be true

How is the ref supposed to warn that moron if he never checks with the ref?  He is supposed to go out of his way to hunt him down and tell him?  Go in the Chiefs huddle?  Give me a ******* break. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is why I'd never put you in charge of any sport, ever.

Guys like you can work in marketing, or strategic financial planning, but you belong nowhere near anything core to the sport and it's rules itself.

lets be real. The refs can call holding or PI on any given play. That's baked in. 

it's not a sport, it's not a court, it's not a military function 

it's entertainment

the supreme court ruled we the consumers don't have a right to "fairness"

There's no such thing as "fair" in football 

everything should be in service of the entertainment

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He was clearly offsides.  

/endmadeupcontroversy

Guessing that Mahomes knows Toney was offsides and understands it was the right call, but popped off because the Chiefs are going to need the officials to stop ******* around down the stretch and give him Brady-level superstar consideration. Officials are under fire this year more than most and are likely going to be sensitive to criticism. As with NBA coaches and MLB managers who work the refs, Mahomes and Reid are trying to intimidate them into favorable flags

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rbstern said:

I see all these headlines about how upset Andy Reid and co. are about the offsides call that undid a fancy touchdown play.

And I don't get it.

The Chiefs' Toney clearly lined up in the neutral zone.  Not a little.  Most of his foot was forward of the ball.  His helmet was in the same plane as the ball.  The only other player who had a body part that far forward was the center, who's hand on the ball was in the same plane as Toney's helmet, but behind Toney's foot.  

The Chiefs' tackles are lined up so far back, the call could have just as easily been an illegal formation for too many men in the backfield.

Either the media is inventing the controversy, or the Chiefs are the whiniest sore losers in the league.

image.png.30006b29dc9c81f48797d85d76b91352.png

It's  because Mahomes lost it on the field and the way he was crying to Josh Allen after the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Guessing that Mahomes knows Toney was offsides and understands it was the right call, but popped off because the Chiefs are going to need the officials to stop ******* around down the stretch and give him Brady-level superstar consideration. Officials are under fire this year more than most and are likely going to be sensitive to criticism. As with NBA coaches and MLB managers who work the refs, Mahomes and Reid are trying to intimidate them into favorable flags

Soooo why’d he b*tch to Josh Allen about it?….

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

lets be real. The refs can call holding or PI on any given play. That's baked in. 

it's not a sport, it's not a court, it's not a military function 

it's entertainment

the supreme court ruled we the consumers don't have a right to "fairness"

There's no such thing as "fair" in football 

everything should be in service of the entertainment

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

• Haha 2