9-8: 7th Seed - Playoffs?

Jigsaw89

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we beat Atlanta like we should have, then there would be a shot.

If we beat Vegas and Atlanta like we should have, then we would be looking good.

If we beat New England, Vegas, and Atlanta like we should have, then we would be talking division lead this week.

We have no one to blame but ourselves....and by ourselves I mean Robert Saleh.

Agree. Could have also beaten the chargers and KC too. Too many winnable games thrown away this season. We had a pretty nice schedule and couldn’t capitalize.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Agree. Could have also beaten the chargers and KC too. Too many winnable games thrown away this season. We had a pretty nice schedule and couldn’t capitalize.

Well I am not including those because we can steamrolled by the Chargers and were never in the game and KC we certainly got screwed by the refs at the end, but Saleh's D put us in a 17-0 hole and then let the Offense actually play which brought us back. My point of blame to

Saleh is his conservative offense. Against the Raiders we had a decent lead and was moving the ball a bit. Then we went into a shell which cost us the game.

beat the Fins and we can start looking at this more realistically. it's a pretty big long shot right now. someone else posted that even if we win all our remaining games it's only an 11% chance. So win out and then you have A♦️K♦️ vs 9♣️9♠️ and the runout is T ♠️ T♣️3♣️6♦️ with only the river to come.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jigsaw89 said:

1 down, 4 to go.  This season has been a mess but until we are out, I will root like hell for this team!  Give me a reason to watch the Jets on Christmas - Squish the fish!  

Win out and we have head to head tie-breakers over Broncos, Texans, and Browns should they fall to 9-8.  Chargers and Raiders are done.  Not sure tie-breakers over Steelers, Colts, Bengals and Bills maybe someone can chime in.   

Browns, Steelers, Colts, Texans??, Bengals, Chargers and Raiders all playing back up QB's.

Also sorry for any sort of optimism in advance - I was at the game yesterday, in the pouring rain.  So I'm still a little drunk 😁

Crazier things have happened?

3 – Chiefs (8-5) - @Patriots, RAIDERS, BENGALS, @Chargers

4 – Jaguars (8-5) – RAVENS, @Buccaneers, PANTHERS, @Titans

5 - Browns (8-5) - BEARS, @Texans, JETS, @Bengals

6 - Steelers (7-6) - @Colts, BENGALS, @Seahawks, @Ravens

7 - Colts (7-6) – STEELERS, @Falcons, RAIDERS, @Texans

8 - Texans (7-6) – @Titans, BROWNS, TITANS, @Colts

9 - Broncos (7-6) - @Lions, PATS, CHARGERS, @Raiders

10 - Bengals (7-6) – VIKINGS, @Steelers, @Cheifs, BROWNS

11 - Bills (7-6) – COWBOYS, @Chargers, PATRIOTS, @Dolphins

12 - Chargers (5-8) - @Raiders, BILLS, @Broncos, CHEIFS

13 - Raiders (5-8) – CHARGERS, @Cheifs, @Colts, BRONCOS

14 - Jets (5-8) - @Dolphins, COMMANDERS, @Browns, @Patriots 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I like it.  It could happen.

I'm all in!

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Not beating Atlanta at home (good job starting Tim Boyle in two straight games, coach!) and choking away the raiders game will almost certainly end up costing us a shot at the playoffs 

very frustrating 

Anybody but Zach beats patriots at home earlier in yr. Zach looked like he was playing for Belichick, but then again he always does when pats in town. Should have beat chargers, raiders. Somehow thanks to the D jets had punchers chance in those games despite Zach playing beyond horrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well I am not including those because we can steamrolled by the Chargers and were never in the game and KC we certainly got screwed by the refs at the end, but Saleh's D put us in a 17-0 hole and then let the Offense actually play which brought us back. My point of blame to

Saleh is his conservative offense. Against the Raiders we had a decent lead and was moving the ball a bit. Then we went into a shell which cost us the game.

The sad thing is, Zach was directly responsible for a 17 point swing in that game on his 2 fumbles and sack. Jets should have won that game IMO

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Pretty close to mathematically impossible, it's 100% no chance that Zach can win 5 in a row. 

"I think what I'd like to say is give me the doubts, give me the timetables, give me all the things you think can, should or will happen, because all I need is that one little extra percent of inspiration. That's all I need,"

-Aaron Rodgers

-Zach Wilson 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, extmenace said:

Yes, and even in the more bleak Mac years there were winnable games that they just didn’t.  But let’s not forget the bills game was kind of a fluke win.  And what’s also true is every year there are teams that streak to the front of the standing but then falter at some point.  There seem to be quite a few teams this season that can be staring at 9-8 or 10-7 records.

• Upvote 1

Almost certainly won't happen, but never say never.

Please allow us to introduce you to the next phase of the Jets’ 2009 season: garbage time.

The cold, calculating 31-14 beat-down the Patriots put on the Jets yesterday at Gillette Stadium leaves the Jets reeling, their season in a free fall heading straight to oblivion.

Making this result particularly alarming was the fact the game was a last stand for the Jets, a final chance to push themselves into the race for the AFC East title.

Instead, it became a sad last dance, because the party is over.

The loss — their worst under Ryan — leaves the Jets at 4-6, three games behind the first-place Patriots in the division and looking up at most of the AFC in the wild-card race. Really, any talk of the playoffs at this point is utter folly.

https://nypost.com/2009/11/23/4-sanchez-ints-all-but-ko-jets-playoff-chances/

• Sympathy 1

I don't see anyway the Jets win 4 in a row lol. 

But what WILL be interesting is the Dolphins. They have Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. ALL of those teams will be fighting for something. That's a very tough out for them. 

It would be delicious if they crumbled. 

Bills have it easier, they could def snatch the division. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I don't see anyway the Jets win 4 in a row lol. 

But what WILL be interesting is the Dolphins. They have Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. ALL of those teams will be fighting for something. That's a very tough out for them. 

It would be delicious if they crumbled. 

Bills have it easier, they could def snatch the division. 

If the jets offense continues to play like it did against the Texans they're going to have a good shot at winning out.

Was it a fluke or did they have a break through? Last year we watched the defense absolutely suck for several games before they broke out.

I'm more skeptical about the offense than I was with the defense and I absolutely wanted ulbrich fired