Zach is AFC Offensive Player of the Week

JetsFanatic

30 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Forget the debate about whether he is good or the blips are just random aberrations and you have to give the credit for being able to take all the hate in stride.

He's basically been embarrassed and ran through the mud for 3 years. I give him a lot of credit, coming back like that is not an easy thing to do.

He’s an nfl qb and should always want to do his best.  The jets have really tried to help this kid as much as possible, drafting OL, wrs, TEs and bringing in his own coaches.  This is not like how mccagnan and bowles mishandled darnold.  This regime has tried to help wilson.  So while it’s nice to see him having a good game, if he’s nfl material he should block out the noise and perform.  Now is last game the new expected or is it an aberration, odds are it’s the exception not the rule.  Even if the game slows down for him his upside seems to be low level starter and not top 10 qb.  If I’m the jets i would flip him for as much as i could get and start the process of rethinking how they evaluate qbs and start bringing in guys who don’t need the entire organization to coddle/protect/cheer whenever the qb does something good

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

He had a good game and in very unfriendly weather conditions. If he can do it again on Sunday against Miami with very similar rain conditions forecasted, I will be ready to say he may have turned a corner in his development. One game does not a season make, but you put together two impressive wins in a row this Sunday against the Fins and I might start to believe he can be a possible backup QB.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

So if he can beat the team with the second best record in the AFC, on the road, then MAYBE you can START to believe he can POSSIBLY be a BACKUP QB.

Yeah, ok.  Sure.

one thing i happened to notice.  a lack of pass rush coming from the texans defense. 

• Upvote 1

Milliner ended the season, however, with a strong performance, recording his first interception in week 16 against the Cleveland Browns followed up by two interceptions against the Miami Dolphins in Week 17 to earn AFC defensive player of the week awards as well as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month honors.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

That is because Zach ran when he had to and for the most part, he threw the ball quickly.  IMO, this caused the defense to back up a bit. Few 8 and 9 men fronts.

and some good play calling for Wilson.  Rodgers could have been doing it. 

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

and some good play calling for Wilson.  Rodgers could have been doing it. 

True but still either you find the open guy and make an accurate throw or you don’t.  Qbs need to process so much even before the ball is snapped, and that’s when the game slows down.  It’s very unclear if wilson will ever be able to be that type of qb.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

So if he can beat the team with the second best record in the AFC, on the road, then MAYBE you can START to believe he can POSSIBLY be a BACKUP QB.

Yeah, ok.  Sure.

Yeah exactly because you don't make up for 3 yrs of piss-poor play if your next win is against a team with a losing record. I was at the point with Zach prior to this win of thinking he should be put in the airlock and shot into space.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Forget the debate about whether he is good or the blips are just random aberrations and you have to give the credit for being able to take all the hate in stride.

He's basically been embarrassed and ran through the mud for 3 years. I give him a lot of credit, coming back like that is not an easy thing to do.

Exactly.  One game doesn’t erase his struggles but like you said he has handled himself well.  I was impressed in the post game he didn’t get ahead of himself and admitted his career has been a struggle and just needs to keep working.  Showed maturity and honesty 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Milliner ended the season, however, with a strong performance, recording his first interception in week 16 against the Cleveland Browns followed up by two interceptions against the Miami Dolphins in Week 17 to earn AFC defensive player of the week awards as well as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month honors.

Ah yes, the four good games Dee ever played coincided with the greatest defensive player I've ever seen joining the team (don't @ me; not old enough to have watched LT or Lott or anyone prior to around '98). This was all Ed Reed's doing.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s an nfl qb and should always want to do his best.  The jets have really tried to help this kid as much as possible, drafting OL, wrs, TEs and bringing in his own coaches.  This is not like how mccagnan and bowles mishandled darnold.  This regime has tried to help wilson.  So while it’s nice to see him having a good game, if he’s nfl material he should block out the noise and perform.  Now is last game the new expected or is it an aberration, odds are it’s the exception not the rule.  Even if the game slows down for him his upside seems to be low level starter and not top 10 qb.  If I’m the jets i would flip him for as much as i could get and start the process of rethinking how they evaluate qbs and start bringing in guys who don’t need the entire organization to coddle/protect/cheer whenever the qb does something good

More so than playing well or prepping for the game, just the ability to go out there and be positive + have fun shows he's got some grit. 

• Upvote 2