******Official Jets - Dolphins Game Thread******

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re going to win about 10 games and the AFC East title.
After that it’s all about being healthy and striking lightning. The AFC playoffs are wide open this year 

If Miami doesn’t win today, they may not win another game all season. They should be able to win today but this is not a gimme game for the Dolphins

9 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Ok so when the Jets win today, the first person that says “Well the only reason they won is because Hill and 3 guys from the secondary were out, I want you to punch yourself in the nuts really hard. 

STFU and enjoy the win

LOL

Thought I’d seen it all until now.

Calling out fans for refusing to celebrate a theoretical victory against a 9-4 team before the game is even played, when your HC is 16-31, your GM is 25-54, and your QB is Bo Callahan.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I get it actually, I do.

During the Chiefs game, for example, there were moments where you felt like ok, maybe he’s figured something out.

But by the next game, you are smacked back to reality.

I think there’s a better than 50/50 chance that Joe Douglas refuses to cut bait this offseason.

Which means more pain for most of us and “hope” springing eternal for the ZW lifers.

I get it actually, I do.

I appreciate hearing this, tbh.  The guy gets so much hate that it's not the easiest thing to be in his corner.

During the Chiefs game, for example, there were moments where you felt like ok, maybe he’s figured something out.

But by the next game, you are smacked back to reality.

I agree.  The way things have gone up until now are definitely not on my side.  And it's certainly possible he'll be crappy today.

I think there’s a better than 50/50 chance that Joe Douglas refuses to cut bait this offseason.

I think there's more like an 80% chance Zach is gone next year.  Obviously that can change depending on these final few games (assuming he even plays in them).  Certainly today's game is critical.

Which means more pain for most of us and “hope” springing eternal for the ZW lifers.

I'm not going to be a Zach lifer.  But fwiw, I'd be very interested to see how he would do with a better supporting cast.  If he gets that and still fails then I'll admit defeat.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

So...Dalvin Cook up the gut every 1st down? 

How’d you know?  How were you able to get your hands on Hackett’s 1 page playbook.  It’s probably better to have just 1 page if you’re a nepotism hire than the 10,000 page playbook Schottenheimer’s daddy gave him.  Brian Schottenheimer once sent 5 receivers crashing into each other ALL short of the 1st Down marker hahaha.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Strev’s comp is Taysom Hill

Nobody ever thought he was a serious long term option at starter

I will say this though:

I found it so much easier to root for Strev than I ever did for ZW

Strev is a humble guy who has had to fight for everything he has.

There were reasons beyond football why the locker room (and even Bob Salads) rallied around MW and threw ZW under the bus, put the bus in reverse, and then backed over him again.

I'm not so sure about this.  I can't tell if people are just playing it up or are actually serious about that.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

How’d you know?  How were you able to get your hands on Hackett’s 1 page playbook.  It’s probably better to have just 1 page if you’re a nepotism hire than the 10,000 page playbook Schottenheimer’s daddy gave him.  Brian Schottenheimer once sent 5 receivers crashing into each other ALL short of the 1st Down marker hahaha.

Ahh yes, Brian Schottenheimer and his "Motion the FB out wide for no reason" System. Good times....

14 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Ok so when the Jets win today, the first person that says “Well the only reason they won is because Hill and 3 guys from the secondary were out, I want you to punch yourself in the nuts really hard. 

STFU and enjoy the win

IF the Jets win today, anyone who uses the injury excuse would just have to look at our OL.  And the guy under Center.

That said, I still don't expect us to win.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not so sure about this.  I can't tell if people are just playing it up or are actually serious about that.

Can’t speak for anyone else on this, but Strev functioned as like an oasis for fun and cheap thrills in the midst of the desert wasteland that the ‘23 season turned out to be.

He did inject some life in that Jags game.  He moved the ball, got a couple drives going, when ZW couldn’t do a thing.

He obviously lacks the arm strength and ability to be a legit long-term starting option outside the CFL.

But I mean it when I say he was easy to root for:

Plays hard and fearless and lays it on the line every play.  He just doesn’t have the God-given ability as a passer.

He’s a poor man’s Taysom Hill.

46 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

With both Mitchell and Warren inactive, what will the OL look like?

With 8 OL active for the game.....

BECTON - TOMLINSON - TIPPMANN - HANSON - TURNER

BROWN - NEWMAN - NEWMAN - NEWMAN - BROWN

DECULUS BACKING UP ALL 5.  

Even tho Hanson won last week there's a chance they are starting Newman 

This 4th call up means he has to stay on the regular season roster for the next 3 

Hanson is scrappy but spends alot of time on the floor 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ahh yes, Brian Schottenheimer and his "Motion the FB out wide for no reason" System. Good times....

He reminded you of the moron kid who learns a big word and then uses it every chance he gets.  Remember when there was talk that someone was going to make him a HC?  Just shows how clueless the national media is virtually always.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Can’t speak for anyone else on this, but Strev functioned as like an oasis for fun and cheap thrills in the midst of the desert wasteland that the ‘23 season turned out to be.

He did inject some life in that Jags game.  He moved the ball, got a couple drives going, when ZW couldn’t do a thing.

He obviously lacks the arm strength and ability to be a legit long-term starting option outside the CFL.

But I mean it when I say he was easy to root for:

Plays hard and fearless and lays it on the line every play.  He just doesn’t have the God-given ability as a passer.

He’s a poor man’s Taysom Hill.

I agree that he was easy to root for but I could never take him seriously because he felt like a gadget QB at best.  MFW was an easy QB to root for, imo.  I hope I don't regret saying that after today's game though.  :)

I know Zach doesn't have the right fit but my hunch is his teammates have really started to respect the way he's dealt with adversity.  I'm sure they all know it's a very humbling game and he's been through a lot and is still out there fighting and improving.   If he continues the way he played last week, the fit will feel a lot better and I think a lot of people will feel like he'll be a lot easier to root for.

• Upvote 1