Tank for Alt?

Wit

I think getting a solid left tackle and maybe resigning becton as a right tackle would go a long way in protecting Achilles Rodgers next year. Washington needs to beat us next week. They are going to lose their other games agaist the cowboys and niners.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I really don't want to see Becton any longer. He has been trash all season

Imagine if they gave him a multi yr contract.  

Becton is gone.  They’re getting either alt or a RT like Fauga if they trade back.  Assume they go all out in FA and try and get a tackle there as well.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wit said:

I think getting a solid left tackle and maybe resigning becton as a right tackle would go a long way in protecting Achilles Rodgers next year. Washington needs to beat us next week. They are going to lose their other games agaist the cowboys and niners.

I have been stumping for Joe Alt since the beginning of October.  QB's excluded, Alt is, IMHO the best player and most valuable player in the draft.  Becton needs to be gone and they need a new, bona fied franchise LT.  Alt is it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Wit said:

Just play Becton at OT. Washington will win easily.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Apparently any lateral quickness Becton had was lost when GVR rolled up in his knee. I agree, we probably  shouldn't  resign him but we need someone to play the other tackle spot not manned by who we draft. I really hope we don't  draft a QB. 

I pray we do draft a qb. I think there’s a lot of good qb talent out there this year despite what a lot of people are saying. I don’t trust jd to make the correct pick tho.

Doesn’t matter because ARod will not sign off on drafting a qb in the first. I’d all but gaurentee we take a lineman there

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I pray we do draft a qb. I think there’s a lot of good qb talent out there this year despite what a lot of people are saying. I don’t trust jd to make the correct pick tho.

Doesn’t matter because ARod will not sign off on drafting a qb in the first. I’d all but gaurentee we take a lineman there

QB is not a need. We need OL. We can draft a QB in a uear or two. Last season was supposed to be a good QB draft as well. How did that work out? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

QB is not a need. We need OL. We can draft a QB in a uear or two. Last season was supposed to be a good QB draft as well. How did that work out? 

We most definitely need a qb. Arod is old and He lasted 4 snaps this year. I’d prefer to draft a qb now and let him hopefully sit a year behind Arod and develop. 

And last year was definitely not considered a good qb draft. Only 2 first rd qbs.  Most people had stroud as the best qb (and he’s been amazing) with Bryce young right behind him (but he is 4 feet tall). Levi’s was a 2nd rd pick who is performing pretty decent 

I agree that oline is definitely a huge need as well. But let’s not act like we don’t need a qb. I’m hoping we sign some free agent olineman. Draft a qb high and draft some more oline depth. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Either Alt or Fashanu are fine. We don't need to be picky. Both are great prospects. I think Fashanu may get draft first. But either way, we will likely be in position to draft one.

Alt all the way for me.  I wont have a meltdown if it is Fashanu over Alt, but I will be disappointed. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

This has been a worry of mine.  BB gives the Jets a final screwing.  

I do wonder if he gives the Pats a Lovie Smith style parting gift if he knows he’s on his way out the door. Wonder which organization he dislikes more if the Pats decide to move on.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Becton has played himself off of this team. Can't be in the conversation for next season.

If JD still has Becton on the roster next season, it is sure sign that he has not gotten his fat head out of his fat ass.  It would be the harbinger of another complete disaster for 2024. 

45 minutes ago, Corn said:

Alt is nothing special, There may be a large group of offensive tackles but nothing overwhelming good. Trade down and take two.

I actually agree with this.   Alt has gotten a lot of press and is hugely regarded but when I watched him in a few games he did not look like a sure fire great ot to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Alt all the way for me.  I wont have a meltdown if it is Fashanu over Alt, but I will be disappointed. 

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I actually agree with this.   Alt has gotten a lot of press and is hugely regarded but when I watched him in a few games he did not look like a sure fire great ot to me.

Fashanu is poor man's brick 

Alt is rich man's Mike mcglinchy 

Neither one is a Trent Williams game changer but both are instant starters

that's kinda the best you can hope for at the top of the draft these days 

It's not a super exciting or difficult pick 

The real trick is finding these guys in Rd 5 like Braxton Jones or Rd 7 like Jordan mailata 

• Upvote 2

The real trick is finding these guys in Rd 5 like Braxton Jones or Rd 7 like Jordan mailata 

Alt brings a lot of intangibles on top of playing like a nasty stud. Dude is a leader

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How about Puka Nacua?

• Upvote 1