Rodgers - "I don't want next year to be my last year"

4 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

If that's the case, perfect time to fire everyone. But guess in reality that means extensions all around!

Are you kidding me?  What leadership?  He must mean his being anointed the leader by the owner/GM/HC/OC. Geesh....I really hate this guy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Good and bad, I guess. Good that he is committed and we get two more years of him. Bad, that we are stuck with the current administration for at least next year. 

This definitely means we are drafting offensive tackle in the 1st round. No way would they draft a QB if Aaron is here for 2 more years. Harrison is an option, I guess. But the need is really on the line. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

So we’re def not drafting a QB if that’s the case. I’d imagine Davante, Bahktari and a 1st rd OL would be the major additions. Let’s just hope Rodgers can still sling it 

Hard to say with Davante, as the Raiders would also have to want to get rid of him themselves for a whole lot less than they spent to get him for the past two seasons. 

Also didn't Bakhtiari say or at least strongly hint something like he wouldn't sign with a team that had FieldTurf/similar on its home field? Plus... https://apnews.com/article/nfl-green-bay-packers-david-bakhtiari-05ca9aefc56b28cf9784279a0bfb578f.

Player personnel aside, accepting Saleh and Hackett are both probably returning, they at least need a replacement OLC.

I think they'll draft a QB, though, if only with the day 3 pick they probably get for Zach. Plus sign a veteran who isn't just a warm body and there's the trio, noting they probably have to plan in advance to roster all 3 so the rookie doesn't get poached; otherwise don't bother drafting one. 

I've said this before in other threads....he will play another 2-3 years. When you're getting paid that much + have full control over what an organization does, it's a no brainer.

He was basically demanding this structure with Green Bay his last 4-5 years and never got it. He'll be around for awhile and we can certainly scratch QB from our 1st round projections now.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Good and bad, I guess. Good that he is committed and we get two more years of him. Bad, that we are stuck with the current administration for at least next year. 

This definitely means we are drafting offensive tackle in the 1st round. No way would they draft a QB if Aaron is here for 2 more years. Harrison is an option, I guess. But the need is really on the line. 

It's also possible that AR8 is saying "2 more years" even if he might be thinking "1 more year" because he doesn't want us to draft a QB.

Or he might actually plan on playing 2 more years.  Either is possible.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Makes sense. I always figured he was the QB for at least the next 2 seasons

Definitely, after missing the whole season this year. If his body gives out again, I expect that could - or would - change things from this intent, but yeah his goal was to play two seasons here not simply be rostered for two seasons here. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's also possible that AR8 is saying "2 more years" even if he might be thinking "1 more year" because he doesn't want us to draft a QB.

Or he might actually plan on playing 2 more years.  Either is possible.

I really think it's more of the 2-3 year range. He is basically calling the shots for this organization and he's getting paid handsomely to do so. He isn't giving all of that up for a year or two.