Rodgers - "I don't want next year to be my last year"

The trade is history, so we're now on the Rodgers train. If he wants to play here for 2 or 3 more years, then he should buy into the fact that OL needs to be the top priority in both draft and FA. There are a few good FA WR's out there in 2024 if not tagged, so we must do everything we can to help out G. Wilson. My expectation for next year is a G and RT in FA, then draft ALT at LT, and a RT/G in the middle rounds. Our 3 rounder should be the best available WR. Rid ourselves of Tomlinson, Cobb, Lawson, Uzameh, and rework Mosley to get cap space. Lastly, we need to play Irwin, and Brownlee, and call up Kuntz to replace Uzameh. Feature Conklin and Ruckert at TE, and use them, not just have them out there as stones. I've never seen our OC use our TE"s like most of the NFL. Hopefully that will change with Rodgers at QB.

If all that can be accomplished, then we might have a chance to make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

WTF

Did you guys get those season ticket payments in already? 😬

“It was unrealistic to think that I would be 100% to be medically cleared at any point during the regular season,” Rodgers said. “I do feel like in the next three to four weeks it would be very possible to get to 100%, but obviously I’m not there.”

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

WTF

“It was unrealistic to think that I would be 100% to be medically cleared at any point during the regular season,” Rodgers said. “I do feel like in the next three to four weeks it would be very possible to get to 100%, but obviously I’m not there.”

And there were fans that completely bought in to it

• Upvote 2

So just trying to wrap my head around this….

Our injured qb, first ballot HOF, in the conversation for top 5/10 all time, goes on his weekly radio spot and expresses his faith in the team and its leadership.  Offers to do whatever he can to help the team in offseason and expresses faith in his current teammates.

And we have 4 pages of fans that are mad???

I know most of fans are in “fire GM, fire coach, the whole staff, force woody to sell, fire all the ticket handlers and concession workers” mode…..of course until everyone turns on the new hires (should start happening at about 6 months into their tenure)….but yikes guys!  Joe W is right, the disease runs deep. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Our injured qb, first ballot HOF, in the conversation for top 5/10 all time, goes on his weekly radio spot and expresses his faith in the team and its leadership.  Offers to do whatever he can to help the team in offseason and expresses faith in his current teammates.

I know most of fans are in “fire GM, fire coach, the whole staff, force woody to sell, fire all the ticket handlers and concession workers” mode…..of course until everyone turns on the new hires (should start happening at about 6 months into their tenure)….but yikes guys!  Joe W is right, the disease runs deep. 

alot of people here made up there minds about Saleh and JD and want them gone. but Rodgers is a threat to that. there is a real chance he comes in next year with a better OL and takes us to the playoffs. then both Saleh and JD will get extensions and then half this board will lose there minds.

they both have done some good and bad things but a playoff next year will show that this team isnt that bad and neither was the coaches. we were held back by bad QB play. so maybe there not as bad as everyone thinks

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

No worries, Rob.  This entire board will be talking Super Bowl in August.  All this piss and vinegar means nothing.  Woody has the jet fans in the palm of his hand.

Jet fans will go to training camp come august in their 80s retro tee higgins jersey chanting Aa-ron Rod-gers all day.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

alot of people here made up there minds about Saleh and JD and want them gone. but Rodgers is a threat to that. there is a real chance he comes in next year with a better OL and takes us to the playoffs. then both Saleh and JD will get extensions and then half this board will lose there minds.

they both have done some good and bad things but a playoff next year will show that this team isnt that bad and neither was the coaches. we were held back by bad QB play. so maybe there not as bad as everyone thinks

image.gif.f77ac6325928b4ad9ec28e482f5ca53f.gif

• Upvote 1

Douglas and Saleh got thrown a life preserver, but we just got screwed. No way this guy plays more than half the schedule next year, and now we’re not taking a QB in round 1.
What a joke franchise this is, and @Joe W. Namath is 100% correct. You hayseeds will be lapping up the propaganda come August.

The minute the O/u’s for ‘24 come out I’m loading up on the under faster than I did this past August. Easy money, baby!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Douglas and Sales got thrown a life preserver, but we just got screwed. No way this guy plays more than half the schedule next year, and now we’re not taking a QB in round 1.
What a joke franchise this is, and @Joe W. Namath is 100% correct. You hayseeds will be lapping up the propaganda come August.

The minute the O/u’s for ‘24 come out I’m loading up on the under faster than I did this past August. Easy money, baby!

I dont know yet if this team is going to be good or not next year.  I have to see how this plays out.

But the minute tee higgins is signed and we draft a LT high in this draft, tickets and jerseys will be bought.  

Woody’s palm = Jet fans

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

95% of jet fans are in fire everyone mode.  I am telling you everyone is coming back, we are taking Joe Alt, signing tee higgins, kevin Zeitler, another free agent stud olinemen etc.  We will have the 80s jerseys as our permenant unis.  Aaron Rodgers will be healthy and slinging it around in camp.

How much more optimistic can you be?

Super Bowl talk in August jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get onboard now.  Receipts are already being taken.

This will only continue to get better the 600th times you copy and paste it this offseason 

• Haha 1

The draft comes after FA. If JD is targeting a WR or OT in the draft, he may try to load up on the other in FA. Roll the dice sort of. If he thinks a top WR will fall, then spend on a top OT in FA, or vice versa.

Only issue is Jets are $17m under the cap (before wrangling with contracts), and Huff will take up all that (and more). And then there's the $15m we need to sign draft picks. Ouch.

Can't see us finding $30-$40m in the couch cushions to sign Huff, Draft Class, and then go hog wild in FA hunting down the best lineman. Even if JD targets a top OT, he's famous for not overpaying, no matter how bad the team needs said player.

With our cap situation so tight, and W/O our 2nd round pick, my feeling is JD will primarily use the draft for both WR and Oline. Say take the best WR round 1, then best Tackle round 3. Then maybe another Tackle/Gurad round 4. And so on. And sign FA players we've never heard of, but with promise.

Whatever Joe does with this upcoming draft, he HAS to trade WAY down to the last pick in the 7th round, Mr Irrelevant 😎.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

If anyone actually believes a 41 year old qb is fixing the problems with this team I don't even know what to say at this point but its just delusional.

This team has fundamental problems top to bottom. There are at least 8-10 teams in the AFC in better position than the Jets.

JD is an awful GM and Saleh is an awful coach.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

WTF

Lmaooo.

Attention seeking diva. 

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If anyone actually believes a 41 year old qb is fixing the problems with this team I don't even know what to say at this point but its just delusional.

This team has fundamental problems top to bottom. There are at least 8-10 teams in the AFC in better position than the Jets.

JD is an awful GM and Saleh is an awful coach.

Rodgers and 2 new Tackles will take us to the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

**** it, tank for marvin harrison jr. 

A-Rod would probably agree. He wants a good Oline in front of him, and a good WR to come down with his passes.

He probably feels he can control the Oline situation, zigging, zagging, hitting the outlet, etc. But has zero control over the fingertips of the WR to come down with his pass. If A-Rod had to choose between a top flight WR or a top Tackle/Guard, he'd probably go for the WR.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

A-Rod would probably agree. He wants a good Oline in front of him, and a good WR to come down with his passes.

He probably feels he can control the Oline situation, zigging, zagging, hitting the outlet, etc. But has zero control over the fingertips of the WR to come down with his pass. If A-Rod had to choose between a top flight WR or a top Tackle/Guard, he'd probably go for the WR.

Yeah, they kept him so starved for good WRs in GB that he thought Lazard was good. Davante was the anomaly.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So we’re def not drafting a QB if that’s the case. I’d imagine Davante, Bahktari and a 1st rd OL would be the major additions. Let’s just hope Rodgers can still sling it 

Probably the best time to draft a 3rd round QB and see if he develops into a half decent starter by year 3. 

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

**** it, tank for marvin harrison jr. 

You're on the clock and both Harrison Jr & Joe Alt are on the board.

What's your plan?

I think we probably should have added a very good WR in FA by this time. Probably one of the top 3 scheduled FA WRs

1) Tee Higgins
2) Mike Evans
3) Calvin Ridley
4) Michael Pittman Jr.
5) Marquise Brown
6) Gabe Davis
7) Darnell Mooney
😎 Donovan Peoples-Jones
9) Curtis Samuel
10) Tyler Boyd

For comparison, these are the top 10 Ts

1) Jonah Williams
2) Mike Onwenu
3) Mehki Becton
4) Austin Jackson

5) Tyron Smith
6) Trent Brown
7) Donovan Smith

😎 Yosh Nijman
9) Josh Jones
10) George Fant

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're on the clock and both Harrison Jr & Joe Alt are on the board.

What's your plan?

I think we probably should have added a very good WR in FA by this time.

If you have already signed a good #2 WR, you have to take Alt, BUT MHJ might be the best player in the draft so IDK

• Upvote 1