the Jets are the Kings of useless wins

Dcat

Losing that way would have done some damage to the locker room. I’m cool with a nice draft pick, but losing like that would have been bad. Take the win, let the team build some morale, and build on it. Top 5 pick is nice but there are difference makers that can be drafted at any pick in the first round. The jets just need to nail the pick. Justin jefferson was pick 22, ceedee lamb at 17. Same with offensive linemen, good ones can still be found at pick 8-12. This would be different if we were trying to land a qb. We’re not.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Losing that way would have done some damage to the locker room. I’m cool with a nice draft pick, but losing like that would have been bad. Take the win, let the team build some morale, and build on it. Top 5 pick is nice but there are difference makers that can be drafted at any pick in the first round. The jets just need to nail the pick. Justin jefferson was pick 22, ceedee lamb at 17. Same with offensive linemen, good ones can still be found at pick 8-12. This would be different if we were trying to land a qb. We’re not.

Really?  What did the 30-0 loss to the phins do to morale?

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Too bad this team doesn't win when it counts.  This useless win gains is a much lower draft pick. Same thing every year.  Tired of it.  Win when it counts dammit. 

Really? Saleh is something like 2-12 in the month of December.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Really?  What did the 30-0 loss to the phins do to morale?

They won this week. They regrouped. The staff is staying. Need to keep the players bought in. We need to be aggressive in free agency, Can’t force players to sign here. Need to show something or we’ll get rejected by everyone. Plenty of teams that are good that are never in the top 10. I get it, the high pick is great but we’ve been picking inside the top 10 most years. Still a losing franchise. 

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s uncanny. Such losers. Give up when it matters and set the world on fire when you’re out of it. So sick of this organization top to bottom, decade after decade. It’s like watching the same horror movie on a loop every year. 

Set the world on fire? Is that what you call todays win?

• Haha 2

Don't celebrate, Washington lost this game despite the Jets.  Could a team have played worse in the first half?  Then at crunch time trying to stop the Jets from getting within FG range, they leave Breece Hall wide open for 2 or 3 big gains.  Washington coaches need to be fired after the season is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, extmenace said:

For you pro tankers, are you guys really going to be rooting for this team to lose in what could be bill belichecks final game as the patriots HC? I don’t know about you, but draft be damned, I want to see this team send him packing properly.

Nobody cares or will remember about that game. But sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

@ausman

Still think I’m the only one?  I agree with the “draft is a crap shoot” take, to a degree.

That said, good chance the Jets just cost themselves a LT.  

i responded with a correction a while ago.  Either way I doubt it will matter much.  That’s the sad part.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

These games look nice for about all of five minutes and then look really bad come draft day.

They are beating the pats as well, so there is that.

We will get destroyed by the Browns.

We’re beating the Pats which is why I was hoping we lost today. 6 wins = top 8.

We get to 7 wins and we’re gonna end up in the low teens.

Would have loved a blue chip OL prospect; a chalk pick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1