Aaron Rodgers plans to take ayahuasca in the offseason.

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

And I think we as a fanbase should join him and rid ourselves of the toxicity that has been holding our franchise back for 50+ years..  @FidelioJet

I'd be willing to bet 90% of the league drinks alcohol and takes Percocet, and around 75% use cannabis in some form regularly.  

So what?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'd be willing to bet 90% of the league drinks alcohol and takes Percocet, and around 75% use cannabis in some form regularly.  

So what?

No doubt.  They have to do something to deal with the pain they must go through on a weekly basis.   I remember hearing something like playing in an NFL game is almost like getting into several car crashes.  (I think this was related to a CTE discussion).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You'd have to hook me up to a polygraph machine to determine who I hate more Zach or Aaron 

I will rehash my old line when we debated Herm v Rex: The difference between Zach and Rodgers is that Zach only embarrassed the franchise one day per week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We got all of the bad parts of Rodgers and none of the quarterbacking.

The f*** is this guy still talking. 

I hated the trade, but wtf?

He’s paid to appear on the show every Tuesday. They expect him to talk.

If you don’t want to hear what he says, it’s an easy fix. Don’t tune in, and don’t read a thread that starts with “Rodgers says…”

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If you don’t want to hear what he says, it’s an easy fix. Don’t tune in,

It's ridiculous that die hard fans of the team have to willingly ignore the highest paid player in franchise history 

What an embarrassment 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not News.

Not Football.

Belongs in the Off-Topic Forum IMO.

These threads almost always devolve into politics, especially lately.

As tough as this season has been, do we really need that?

You seem a little tense, bud. I think there’s something out there that can help you out though. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's ridiculous that die hard fans of the team have to willingly ignore the highest paid player in franchise history 

What an embarrassment 

Life is hard. You’re going to face many challenges. Be strong Bit.

• Haha 2

Rodgers is indeed a quirky character who marches to the beat of his own drummer.  That said, all those that keep ragging on him will be slobbering his knob next season if he performs at a high level.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

That said, all those that keep ragging on him will be slobbering his knob next season if he performs at a high level.  

The dudes a million years old he's not going recapture his youth 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So what?

So what?  Huh?  Apparently you are not following along, not hard to, just read a little.

I’m suggesting we join him.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

You seem a little tense, bud. I think there’s something out there that can help you out though. 

I prefer Pot and Scotch to Alabama, or Alhambra, or Alibaba or whatever he's on, lol.

• Upvote 2

Some people are being very dramatic about this story.  How many of these players are on legal drugs (e.g. opiods) yet nobody thinks twice about it because "the FDA says it's okay"?

If AR8 said "mushrooms" instead of "ayahuasca", people would probably react the same.  Meanwhile, the FDA named psilocybin a “breakthrough therapy” in treatment for severe depression.  But a few years ago, I think it would've been considered be a felony (the same with marijuana).

https://stateline.org/2022/07/15/more-states-may-legalize-psychedelic-mushrooms/

In 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration named psilocybin a “breakthrough therapy” in treatment for severe depression, a designation the agency applies to drugs that in early trials demonstrate substantial improvement over existing treatments.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The dudes a million years old he's not going recapture his youth 

If the Jets had even average QB performance this year we would have had a playoff game next week.  He doesn't have to be the MVP Rodgers, he just has to be good.

8 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

If the Jets had even average QB performance this year we would have had a playoff game next week.  He doesn't have to be the MVP Rodgers, he just has to be good.

I don't hold out much hope for that outcome but hey you do you 

23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We've seen the good side of the AR God-complex but the bad is really insufferable.  Going out of his way to necro the vaccine debate with Kelce and now the conspiracy theory Jimmy Kimmel stuff is simply insufferable.  

I'm grateful to him as a public figure and an all-time great for speaking up on this.  There's a saying "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". 

the conspiracy theory Jimmy Kimmel stuff is simply insufferable.  

Jimmy Kimmel is insufferable.  He loves to dish it out but can't take any pushback.  AR8 didn't specifically say Kimmel went to Epstein Island, btw.