Pete Carroll Out

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's McCarthy all over again.

He's a proven winner, and we'd be lucky to have him as our Head Coach (again) over Saleh.

I'd still prefer our next Head Coach be an offensive-mind, but there is no question whatsoever that the Jets are choosing to stand pat with a dogs water Coach in Saleh, rather than make any attempt to upgrade that spot.  Same Old Jets.  

There's still always going to be the pass-pass-pass decision in the Super Bowl that dogs him.  Yes, it was one moment but it still stings SEA fans.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There's still always going to be the pass-pass-pass decision in the Super Bowl that dogs him.  Yes, it was one moment but it still stings SEA fans.

Yeah it was so uncalled for and stupid. Hand it off to Beast Mode and they’re back to back Super Bowl champs.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

If it weren't for the poor call in the SB to not run Mershwn Lynch, he'd go down as a top NFL Coach.  He is a better coach than we have had since Parcells.

He was one play away from being the only coach with 2 National Titles and 2 Super Bowl Rings

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's McCarthy all over again.

He's a proven winner, and we'd be lucky to have him as our Head Coach (again) over Saleh.

I'd still prefer our next Head Coach be an offensive-mind, but there is no question whatsoever that the Jets are choosing to stand pat with a dogs water Coach in Saleh, rather than make any attempt to upgrade that spot.  Same Old Jets.  

haven't read too much on it but it sounds like he's still going to be with the Seahawks in some role. Probably just slowing down w/age and not up to the 120 hour weeks anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Saleh loves him some Pete, no? 

Trade him there and hire Vrabel.

You know how Hall of Fame QBs from Green Bay come to the Jets and make a complete mess of things?

Maybe same pattern holds true in reverse: failing defensive Jets head coaches move on to become Hall of Fame coaches in Seattle.

Make it happen, Tanny.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I would take him over Saleh for sure, but he's 72 (will be 73 at the beginning of next season). 

I'm of the opinion that hiring a 72 year old defensive head coach is basically a bad idea, by definition. 

You're not wrong, age takes it's toll certainly, and old age takes away alot of your energy, and NFL Head Coach takes more energy than most jobs.

I've always liked Pete Carroll. Loved him when he was our DC, was very pleased when he was named HC, was genuinely stunned when he was fired after one season.

He has had great success as a college and pro coach, and is way better than any coach we have had in recent years (other than Parcells).

Would happily take him back for a few years - he would be a massive upgrade over Coach Word Salad - but it's obviously never going to happen.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I've always liked Pete Carroll. Loved him when he was our DC, was very pleased when he was named HC, was genuinely stunned when he was fired after one season.

He has had great success as a college and pro coach, and is way better than any coach we have had in recent years (other than Parcells).

Would happily take him back for a few years - he would be a massive upgrade over Coach Word Salad - but it's obviously never going to happen.

He was a victim of Hess senility.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Seriously? Dude shows up and Russel Wilson wins a superbowl, then go's to another team as is poop. Geno is poop for 9 years go's there and is a legitimate starter in the league. Weird take. 

They wanted payback for that stupid call that cost them the Super Bowl.  Delayed reaction. 

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s 72.  They probably gave him the choice to retire and he said nah. 

He's the most sprightly and energetic septuagenarian I have ever seen.

Guy probably has a portrait in his attic that ages while he doesn't.

I think Pete could still do a good job as a HC for a few more years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

He's the most sprightly and energetic septuagenarian I have ever seen.

Guy probably has a portrait in his attic that ages while he doesn't.

I think Pete could still do a good job as a HC for a few more years.

Cool.  He got booted to an advisor role. Time to take the hint and move on to the next phase of life 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’ll never forget it. My head almost exploded. 

I remember watching when it happened thinking…given the stakes…who you had as RB…where the ball was located…that was the worst call in professional sports history.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I remember watching when it happened thinking…given the stakes…who you had as RB…where the ball was located…that was the worst call in professional sports history.

Also given the down and distance. Must not have had any skittles left. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

This kind of surprised me. I can't imagine the only reason was his age; this has to do with disagreements within the building.

My sources are telling me that Carroll hated JSN and wanted him traded inmediately

• Haha 4