Staff changes across the league

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Seriously, I don't know what the Browns are complaining about.

Not just the QB, lost both starting Offensive Tackles, Lost their star running back, still made the playoffs. 

I mean they're keeping the play-caller (Stefanski) and keeping the greatest OL coach ever (Callahan), the rest is nonsense.

• Upvote 4

Carmichael will get a job quickly.

Quite surprised by Cleveland.  They overachieved and their 'all world elite' defense failed.

Apparently Harbaugh after interviewing with the Chargers also interviewed with the Falcons so the Falcons are just not handing the job to Bellichick.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I mean they're keeping the play-caller (Stefanski) and keeping the greatest OL coach ever (Callahan), the rest is nonsense.

Eh, they didn't fire the OC for sh*ts and giggles. They are still trying to get better and aren't stubborn enough to think they have all the answers in the building. There were clearly things they weren't satisfied with and acted accordingly. 

Meanwhile, the Jets were satisfied when they ended the 5 game losing streak that tanked their season. The Jets are too easily satisfied with themselves. And that emanates down from the GM/HC to the rest of the team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini here providing the org’s answer as to why Woody and this staff believe they’re all good going into next year: Rodgers looked good in team periods over the last three weeks:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39317477/how-aaron-rodgers-practices-refueled-new-york-jets-hope

IMG_4853.jpeg

Dumbest ******* team in the league, bar none

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

A good starting QB should pick apart a defense he sees everyday. 

This isn't a great indicator of how games against opposing defenses will go. 

If this thing goes south next year, Saleh and Douglas will be widely regarded as the worst GM/HC combo in Jets history. And that is really saying something. 

im reading this post and just stumbled across something I never knew - Rich Kotite was also the GM the two years he was head coach?

Honest to God the day Hess announced the discisplanarin I was so pissed I never listened further. I just looked it up and numb nuts was the GM also.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know fans love it when coaches get fired, but it doesn't always result in improvement. Patience is a virtue.

Patience doesn't always result in improvement, either. Especially when they aren't capable of it.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My issue, which is what I think makes the Jets so f’ng stupid, is that should he get injured again, That’s a mind-numbing level of risk at this point.

Chips all in for Douglas and Saleh.

Win? You win big and probably extension contracts.

Lose? Well your excuse for your next set of interviews will be that Aaron Rodgers couldn't stay healthy but we did everything else right (not really just what they'd say).

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Lose? Well your excuse for your next set of interviews will be that Aaron Rodgers couldn't stay healthy but we did everything else right (not really just what they'd say).

Exactly.  Douglas will need a lot more excuses than Saleh though, at least based on how I hear it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly.  Douglas will need a lot more excuses than Saleh though, at least based on how I hear it.

Interesting...they've both been pretty bad but Douglas has had more years and the O and specifically the OL is worse off than when he got here. So, I get the sentiment the organization / league might have.

Eh, they didn't fire the OC for sh*ts and giggles. They are still trying to get better and aren't stubborn enough to think they have all the answers in the building. There were clearly things they weren't satisfied with and acted accordingly. 
Meanwhile, the Jets were satisfied when they ended the 5 game losing streak that tanked their season. The Jets are too easily satisfied with themselves. And that emanates down from the GM/HC to the rest of the team. 
.... But they had a good week of practice.... Amiright ??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wait, losing your starter, backup, sitting your third stringer, and then pulling a guy off the BBQ grill at home for a few weeks isn't an excuse to "run it back"? Even after making the playoffs??

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

They say the owner got involved again. Just terrible for the Browns.

Joe Flacco had everyone thinking they were going to the Super Bowl. How do you get fired after making him look good. Crazy.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Someone should remind Mosley that over same approximate time period Joe Flacco threw 3 TDs against them, Jacoby Brissett picked them apart like he was playing against children, and so did Tua despite Hill outright missing the game. 

You call him Mr. Mosley. Janet if you're nasty.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Patience doesn't always result in improvement, either. Especially when they aren't capable of it.

Mediocrity is the goal for this staff. It keeps them employed. Really bad performance gets you replaced (well.. usually). They're going to remain mediocre.

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

They whole they did "everything right, but Aaron got hurt" stuff is an amazing piece of PR. They screwed up royally which is why they engaged in a breakneck, reckless pursuit of Rodgers.

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If you hire a new GM, he's gonna want a new coach.

Not a great job to take over, old QB, lot of contracts need to he extended after next year, huge cap hits for JD's contracts, including Rodgers'.

A good starting QB should pick apart a defense he sees everyday. 
This isn't a great indicator of how games against opposing defenses will go. 
If this thing goes south next year, Saleh and Douglas will be widely regarded as the worst GM/HC combo in Jets history. And that is really saying something. 

Do you know who Mike Maccagnan is?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1