Sounds like Belichick is headed to Atlanta

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Good. Get outta here. 

Curious to see how he approaches the QB spot down there. 

He loves low expectations.   It's an underachieving team in a bad division.  Lots of pieces except a QB down there.  Low hanging fruit to get that team above .500 in Year 1.

• Sympathy 1

This should be an interesting case study on the value of a good HC and owner.

I fall in the boat that the QB is by far the most important person in the building. There’s only been a couple of HCs that have had consistent success without a top QB. But Atlanta does not have a good QB. So should be interesting. How much credit does a HC/Organization get for developing a QB? Will be interested to see where Atlanta is in 3 years.  Not the Woody/JD 10 year plan which is crazy. If BB is able to find another QB, then Brady wasn’t all luck.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Lots of talent, sans a QB in a weak division.  He probably could win the South with a game manager under center.   

Beat me to it.  Arthur smith came close but it’s hard to win without a really good qb.  Plus there won’t be any in game let down like the Super Bowl debacle with bellichicken.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Arthur Blank is the best owner in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Best food and food prices at any stadium in the NFL.

Genuinely cares about the players.   There's a great clip, he introduces himself to a player, tells him how he remembers his Dad (Joe Horn I think).  It is so obvious he remembers this player from his team 15+ years ago, and taking the time in warmups to go out of his way to introduce himself to a kid on the other team.

I worked at Home Depot for a few years in college. As soon as Blank left and they brought in Nardelli, the whole thing went to sh*t.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Chargers would seem to be a much better opportunity for him, or any coach, especially an older one that may not have the time and patience to develop a quarterback. 

Mahomes and Andy Reid are in that division. Atlanta has to deal with young, baker, and carr. 

The AFC arguably has 7 or 8 of the top 10 QBs in the NFL to boot. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If he can manage to find an all time great QB in the 6th round, he should be able to replicate his New England success.

As someone who thinks he’s a great defensive coach and a good HC who road Brady’s coattail, I think the bar is a little lower than replicating his success in NE.

Honestly, if he’s able to build a consistent winner (ie above 500 and making the playoffs most years), I think that will stop some of the noise about his abilities without Brady. If they consistently are at or under 500, the Brady made him crowd will get louder.

I’ll be watching one way or the other.

If the Falcons hire Belli and sign Cousins I’d say they’re a virtual lock for the playoffs. Draft a stud edge at 8, a solid WR in the 2nd and draft a kid after that you can develop behind Cousins. Not a bad situation for a new HC. 

just one thing to consider with Bill - he’s an old man who wants wins. I doubt he’s going to be interested in drafting a QB and banking on some kid to help get him the record. I honestly doubt he’d bank on Fields either. Kirk already had ties to ATL from his wife I believe. If BB is hired, I’d imagine Kirk would be his priority. 

Just now, prime21 said:

I’m think Dallas dropped the ball here.
Jerry and Bill are up there in age and should have joined forces to get another ring. Bill will waste a few years at Atlanta before retiring. .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

telling you dallas probably called and bill said no thanks which is why mccarthy is still there

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Throw in Josh McDaniels as his OC and Matt Patricia who will most likely be let go by Philly as his DC, Scott Pioli as his assistant GM he'll have his crew with him.

What about Ernie Adams and his "observation equipment"?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I’m think Dallas dropped the ball here.
Jerry and Bill are up there in age and should have joined forces to get another ring. Bill will waste a few years at Atlanta before retiring. .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jerry needs to hire Coach Prime and draft his son Sheduer to be the franchise QB.

56 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I guess if the humorless minority here  do want that it could happen. You aren't one of them though right?

Humorless?  No.  Rule followers to the no politics rule Max repeatedly asks for?  Definitely. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Arthur Blank is the best owner in the NFL. 

Now maybe one of the dumbest Bellie had players who could help implement his system not sure how players will react to him. Yes he has his rings but the bling is tarnishing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

If the Falcons hire Belli and sign Cousins I’d say they’re a virtual lock for the playoffs. Draft a stud edge at 8, a solid WR in the 2nd and draft a kid after that you can develop behind Cousins. Not a bad situation for a new HC. 

just one thing to consider with Bill - he’s an old man who wants wins. I doubt he’s going to be interested in drafting a QB and banking on some kid to help get him the record. I honestly doubt he’d bank on Fields either. Kirk already had ties to ATL from his wife I believe. If BB is hired, I’d imagine Kirk would be his priority. 

This.

He is going to find a veteran QB to get 17 wins.  Cousins, Baker or trade for Dak.