Jim Harbaugh is going to the Chargers

1 hour ago, doitny said:

this is only bad for a few years, once the investigations are done some college will offer a boat load of money and he will leave the Chargers. 

It's exactly why Pete left USC for the Seahawks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, billo83 said:

I'm happy just for the fact that there won't be a million posts anymore that Woody should hire Harbaugh - which of course Harbaugh would never work for Woody as it is.

Compare to Dean Spanos , Woody Johnson is the Goat of nfl owners.    Good luck Jim working for the worst owner in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Not gonna lie, jealous of this hire. We should have made a play for Harbaugh. 

The chargers are like 40 million dollars over the cap.  The spanos family are having big time  financial problems .  So they don’t have the money upfront to front load those contracts with signing bonuses.    Look like they hired Harbaugh to make their franchise more appealing to new buyers.( guess on my part).

He must have wanted to live in Southern California.  The Spanos family is terrible.  I don't know what the stadium deal is.   My guess is that he could have coached for a better franchise.  He is getting money and weather, with a QB.

The Chargers have always been decent at drafting. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

and what does that tell you, he loves coaching college. its not like he couldnt get a NFL job if he really wanted one all those years.

It tells me he had unfinished business (winning a national title).

He came VERY close to winning a SB in SF, but lost a heart breaking game. That’s the last thing he hasn’t accomplished. I don’t see him walking away from the NFL until he gets that done or gets fired trying. 

• Upvote 3

It’s right there on a tee. Blank check for Harbaugh and instant credibility and a very competitive football team for the fans to enjoy which would in turn put the money back in woody’s pocket. Nope! Can’t have that. Loser organization which never gets out of its own way. What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

Yes, Woody said he was rolling back with the same gang and AR8 was under contract.  

but for Harbaugh, who is a better option than Parcells, he should have torn it all up and paid him more than Spanos.  Even Vrabel is a better option. 

The options next year will be much worse 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, varjet said:

He must have wanted to live in Southern California.  The Spanos family is terrible.  I don't know what the stadium deal is.   My guess is that he could have coached for a better franchise.  He is getting money and weather, with a QB.

The Chargers have always been decent at drafting. 

That guy who did the drafting for the Chargers is now the Gm of the Raiders.     Ed Dodd who is colts assistant Gm should get the Chargers Gm job.   He’s pretty good talent evaluator .  

24 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

This was the job he coveted.  California, has a QB, and an early round pick for a playmaker that he has seen play in college.  The Chargers need fans in their seats playing in the Rams facility.  

The Chargers will never make it in Los Angeles, it’s still a Raider town .   The Raiders get an extra home game every time they play the Chargers in La.    The Chargers are 40 million over the cap , and there owner in serious financial trouble .   He can’t pay the big signing bonuses to players , as a lot of chargers big name players will most likely be cut at some point.    

Harbaugh was desperate to leave college , and get away from the punishment coming his way.   Whatever suspension the NCAA hits him with , it will follow him to the NFL.   

I wonder how he'll do in the NFL without one of the most yearly stacked college football teams, or a stacked NFL roster like the 49ers?  I mean, Herbert is possibly a top 10 QB, but that roster needs some work.

That being said, I would take Herbert on this team.  So when Mr. Chill meets Mr. Mania, maybe he would love to come and play for the most insane media market team that hasn't won sh*t in decades.  And then....I woke up. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

but for Harbaugh, who is a better option than Parcells, he should have torn it all up and paid him more than Spanos.  Even Vrabel is a better option. 

I must have missed when Harbaugh won all those Super Bowls compared to Parcell's.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

This is absolutely devastating. The Jets will never sign a real Coach while Woody lives. 

There was NO chance it was going to happen.  Even though it's a crappy decision, it is the right one to walk it back with Saleh.  There are only 32 NFL coaching jobs.  You start firing a coach when the star QB goes down for the year before the vendors have a chance to sell the first round of beer and you will get an even worse reputation than we already have.  No top-tier coach will come here knowing he is a star player injury away from the unemployment line. 

That said, Saleh should be on a very short leash, not to mention JD. Aaron better have a little magic left in that arm of his. 

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Compare to Dean Spanos , Woody Johnson is the Goat of nfl owners.    Good luck Jim working for the worst owner in the NFL. 

Spano hired Harbaugh. Woody retained Saleh.

GTFO of here with that nonsense. Woody is the worst owner in the league and it's not even close.

• Upvote 2

This era of the AFC is brutal. Herbert is still flying under the radar for a lot of NFL fans. He has the potential to be on everyone’s top 5 list. Staley and the chargers staff were doing everything in their power to keep that team from ascending. Within a season or two, Harbaugh will turn these chargers into a KC type franchise where they are in it every year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I wonder how he'll do in the NFL without one of the most yearly stacked college football teams, or a stacked NFL roster like the 49ers?  I mean, Herbert is possibly a top 10 QB, but that roster needs some work.

That being said, I would take Herbert on this team.  So when Mr. Chill meets Mr. Mania, maybe he would love to come and play for the most insane media market team that hasn't won sh*t in decades.  And then....I woke up. 

The chargers are kind of stacked on paper. They have a lot of really good pieces. The previous staff couldn’t make all the pieces fit. The chargers could easily be a 12 win team if the team isn’t being sabotaged by the coaching staff. Herbert is so much better than people realize.

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The chargers are kind of stacked on paper. They have a lot of really good pieces. The previous staff couldn’t make all the pieces fit. The chargers could easily be a 12 win team if the team isn’t being sabotaged by the coaching staff. Herbert is so much better than people realize.

Their roster is not as good as so many people make it out to be. There's a lot of work to be done with that team. But having Herbert is a great start. 

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This era of the AFC is brutal. Herbert is still flying under the radar for a lot of NFL fans. He has the potential to be on everyone’s top 5 list. Staley and the chargers staff were doing everything in their power to keep that team from ascending. Within a season or two, Harbaugh will turn these chargers into a KC type franchise where they are in it every year. 

And then he'll quit to coach USC 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

There was NO chance it was going to happen.  Even though it's a crappy decision, it is the right one to walk it back with Saleh.  There are only 32 NFL coaching jobs.  You start firing a coach when the star QB goes down for the year before the vendors have a chance to sell the first round of beer and you will get an even worse reputation than we already have.  No top-tier coach will come here knowing he is a star player injury away from the unemployment line. 

That said, Saleh should be on a very short leash, not to mention JD. Aaron better have a little magic left in that arm of his. 

You don't for Saleh because his QB went don or what happened thereafter, ypu fire him for his body of work in 3 years. You absolutely fire him and the GM. They will NOT get it right. It is in plain sight. No seriousnorganization would bring them back especially after having raised ticket prices.