~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games - Path to the Superbowl~~~ 01/28

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's exactly how 1998 went for us.  10-0 to 23-10. Watched that game in a Sports Bar in Dublin at Temple Bar. 

I most assuredly puked my brains out that night...

I remember getting the actual shakes when Victor Green let Ed McCaffrey get behind him.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Campbell is a good coach.  Today was not a good day for him.  Worst possible time for a bad game for an HC.

He has to stop leaving points off the board. His gambling killed him today, along with a bad case of th receivers dropping sure catches.

• Upvote 2

It’s too bad the Lions didn’t make it.  First timers have a bigger hill to climb.  But you have to feel good for Purdy.  Drafted last as an afterthought he’s helped brought SF to the Super Bowl and gets to be matched up with Mahomes.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

He's got to stop going for it on 4th down every time especially with the lead. He blew it and so did his team. If that was Saleh making those decisions we would destroy him. 

Agreed.  We would be destroying him.  But if he got this team to the AFCCG next season, it would mean he has done a much better job than we have seen from him these past three years.

10 minutes ago, ausman said:

Wow!  I can’t believe how distraught some sound here.  I’ve invested no emotional capital in any of the 4 teams playing today.  All I wanted were close games that were entertaining and they were.  All the emotion was used up by the Jets including both reserve tanks.  Must be those who are in the betting game and are losing some cash.

In my house they all seemed to be going for the underdog.  I told them at 24-10 that the steamroller was coming and the Niners would win and for some reason that made them frantically place stupid internet app bets on the Lions.  Everybody is mad at me now.  It feels great.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's exactly how 1998 went for us.  10-0 to 23-10. Watched that game in a Sports Bar in Dublin at Temple Bar. 

I most assuredly puked my brains out that night...

As painful as it was to lose when we were up 10-0 in the 2h, we didn't really deserve that game.  Denver's defense was absolutely outstanding that day.  And their offense came alive in the 2nd half.  That score could've been a lot worse.  

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Mahomes gets himself another Super Bowl trophy in 2 weeks

Gets closer to as scripted "entertainment" every year. like the WWE if without the boss crapping on lady's heads. 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. Remember when Parcells did that for us in 98, and then the dynasty continued with Rex??

"Winner??"

Lol. 

It says here that the Lions will remain a playoff team next year. Let’s see. It was a bad loss but I’d take Campbell as our head coach any day. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Campbell turned a perennial loser into a winner. Chill.

This is what Jets fans said about Rex Ryan.

The truth is that he is Rex with a real offensive coordinator and a great GM: an excellent motivator, but the real test is now.  He’s going to need to replace Ben Johnson, the biggest reason for their success.  Motivators burnout fast once games like tonight happen.  There isn’t a single player on that roster who will forget this game and why they missed out on their chance for a ring against a team they already beat, in convincing fashion, earlier in the season.  If he can’t bring in a suitable replacement and the losses start to stack up again, they will tune him out.

I, honestly, wouldn’t be able to listen to his postgame speech if I was a player.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have a friend who is a Lions fan.  I have been texting with him all week.  No way I am reaching out to him right now.  I feel terrible for the Lions and their fans.  They had this.

Just an all time brutal playoff loss 

reminds me a little of the falcons choking away the title game in 2012. Just an all time loss. 

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Campbell is a good coach.  Today was not a good day for him.  Worst possible time for a bad game for an HC.

If this were a one-off, I’d agree Lith.  However, this is who he is, for better or worse.  He cost the Lions the 1 or 2 seed with the exact same decision making.

I don’t ever see him changing his ways.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As painful as it was to lose when we were up 10-0 in the 2h, we didn't really deserve that game.  Denver's defense was absolutely outstanding that day.  And their offense came alive in the 2nd half.  That score could've been a lot worse.  

And CM left the ball on the turf, uncharacteristically, a couple times. I blame that second half loss on Curtis Martin. Denver came out and beat the daylights out of us. 

24 minutes ago, Wit said:

Detroit should be thinking long and hard about bellicheck. He doesn’t lose these games; and he would instantly improve the defense. Coaching matters in the playoffs. Look at the guys left the last two weeks. Methodical and smart. The Morons don’t make it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

the best choice is right there in their locker room under their noses.   

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I remember getting the actual shakes when Victor Green let Ed McCaffrey get behind him.

That pass should have been intercepted if played right. Then how about that gust of wind on the Broncos kickoff that dropped the ball well in front of Meggett and the Broncos recovered. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If this were a one-off, I’d agree Lith.  However, this is who he is, for better or worse.  He cost the Lions the 1 or 2 seed with the exact same decision making.

I don’t ever see him changing his ways.

Yep 

going for 2 in that game after that penalty call was foolish just like not turning it immediately back to a 17 point game in this one was also foolish 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1