The air raid offense is coming to Vegas as the Raiders about to name Kliff Kingsbury OC.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

OH NO IT GETS WORSE

Conspiracy theory du jour is that Washington hires Kingsbury --> Team Caleb tells the Bears to go screw --> Bears are forced to trade 1OA to Washington --> Caleb ends up playing in his hometown for his former QBC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Saw that. If I’m Washington, I tell the Bears to pound sand and let them spend every minute from here until the draft dealing with an obstinate and pissed off Caleb Williams camp. Commanders could simply sit tight and draft Drake Maye in the worst case

If Caleb is that much of a diva then I'm not even sure I'd want to trade up for him.  I guess Eli Manning pulled the same act and won 2 SBs though.  But these days the players run the asylum so that seems like a real red flag.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

lol - Raideraholic strike again.  At least I’m consistent.     It can’t get any worse unless name Adam Gase  OC.    Will totally lose it.

What I don't understand is the mentioning of Adam Gase when you just said "Raideraholic strike again".  Tempt fate much?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Caleb is that much of a diva then I'm not even sure I'd want to trade up for him.  I guess Eli Manning pulled the same act and won 2 SBs though.  But these days the players run the asylum so that seems like a real red flag.

I don’t know if he’s a diva, but his career has been almost unbelievably managed by his dad since he was ten years old. Professional media training at 15 years old, lived in his own apartment in a cushy part of DC so he could get to morning practice, professional QB training as a high school junior, etc. Check out this article. This is a dude who’s going to play where he wants to play.

https://www.gq.com/story/caleb-williams-profile

• Ugh 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:36 PM, T0mShane said:

I don’t know if he’s a diva, but his career has been almost unbelievably managed by his dad since he was ten years old. Professional media training at 15 years old, lived in his own apartment in a cushy part of DC so he could get to morning practice, professional QB training as a high school junior, etc. Check out this article. This is a dude who’s going to play where he wants to play.

Yes he did say he's going where HE WANTS.  Elway and Eli, both divas, forced their way out of their draft destination.  Hard to blame them. Archie, Eli's dad, was a sacrificial lamb in New Orleans.  Andrew Luck was never given a chance and had to retire early. Shame.  Seems Caleb would want ot stay in LA, ideally.  That would be incredibly costly on the Rams part.  49er's type Trey Lance deal - 3 1st rounders and more? Chicago is hell bent on taking a QB. The pressure from all NFL circles are demanding them to dump Fields and take Caleb. But does he want to go there? If not, then what?  Does Drake or Daniels become the pick? No point in keeping Fields then. Trade him off when he's somewhat valuable.  Probably can get a 2 , definately a 3/4 for him.  This will once again be a fascintaing draft.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:36 PM, T0mShane said:

That all sounds a bit Todd Marinovich to me.

Has Caleb ever tasted Coca-Cola or eaten a hamburger?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Yes he did say he's going where HE WANTS.  Elway and Eli, both divas, forced their way out of their draft destination.  Hard to blame them. Archie, Eli's dad, was a sacrificial lamb in New Orleans.  Andrew Luck was never given a chance and had to retire early. Shame.  Seems Caleb would want ot stay in LA, ideally.  That would be incredibly costly on the Rams part.  49er's type Trey Lance deal - 3 1st rounders and more? Chicago is hell bent on taking a QB. The pressure from all NFL circles are demanding them to dump Fields and take Caleb. But does he want to go there? If not, then what?  Does Drake or Daniels become the pick? No point in keeping Fields then. Trade him off when he's somewhat valuable.  Probably can get a 2 , definately a 3/4 for him.  This will once again be a fascintaing draft.

The one team that Caleb is on record as wanting to go to? The Dolphins.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:39 PM, Raideraholic said:

Let’s go get Justin Fields.  Not the biggest Justin Fields fan , but with the Raiders weapons on offense, and their offense line ( way better than he had in Chicago) it definitely could be great marriage .   Challenge the Chiefs for the division going forward. ( Raiders beat the chiefs in kc already) .

There you go again.  Wrong as always.  My God.  Have you ever made a post yet that was correct? It's freaking amazing that nearly EVERY post in which you have made predictions has been completely wrong.  And this is true since I started reading your posts at JI when you were 90210, 

Whatever you predict is a LOCK to be incorrect.  Are you like this in other forms of your life?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jamesr said:

Air Raid Offense looks like it's going to Washington instead. Maye + Kingsbury?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Kliff is likely the key to Caleb. I fully expect to see an Eli manning type announcement at some points where Williams officially says he will not play for the bears. That’ll then put the pressure onto the bears to trade their pick, likely with Washington who is sitting at 2. I’m really curious to see what the comanders will wind up paying to move up 1 spot. The bears / panthers trade has the potential to be the greatest trade of all time for the bears.

• Sympathy 1

• The Commanders, who appeared to be confused with Dan Quinn, now appear to have a plan.  We should not be surprised.
  • Dan is an experienced, tough coach from NJ who I believe came from the Parcells tree of sorts.   He, like Vrabel, is the type of person that I would want to be CEO of my team.
  • They appear to be adopting an Air Raid offense with KK, which I would not necessarily choose for my NE team, but what do I know.  It will sell alot of tickets before it crashed in MetLife/Phila in December/January.  
  • The Commanders will end up with Caleb Williams.  It is destiny.  
  • Ben Johnson is giving me an Adam Gase vibe.  He also benefits from working under Dan Campbell.   He should not have opened his mouth about the Commanders owners-very stupid of him.  But he appears to be on a trajectory to be the Jets next 1st time HC.  

39 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • Ben Johnson is giving me an Adam Gase vibe.  He also benefits from working under Dan Campbell.   He should not have opened his mouth about the Commanders owners-very stupid of him.  But he appears to be on a trajectory to be the Jets next 1st time HC.  

His interpersonal skills seem to be lacking. The Athletic article on this paints a pretty negative image of him from around the league.

Can't see him coming to the Jets if he's this particular though.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did TB12?

TB12 ate and drank plenty before some cult recruited him and he became a robot.  I know that from his combine picture, and word of mouth.   he met Bridget and Giselle from hanging out in the West Village.  

On 2/1/2024 at 8:39 PM, Raideraholic said:

Let’s go get Justin Fields.  Not the biggest Justin Fields fan , but with the Raiders weapons on offense, and their offense line ( way better than he had in Chicago) it definitely could be great marriage .   Challenge the Chiefs for the division going forward. ( Raiders beat the chiefs in kc already) .

Logan Paul Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports