Poll: Sympathy Emoji- Should it be Removed?

Sympathy Emoji- Yeah or Neah?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Get Rid of it? In my opinion it’s similar to Saleh’s coaching style. Non-committal

• Yes- Take a side… up or downvote
    • No- I like wishy-washy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 09:54 PM

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sympathy pisses me off too

Only when it’s not intended as sympathy. It’s insincerity at its worst.

Similar to a Pats fan saying how bad they feel for 20 years of being owned by Brady, Bellichek and even Mac Jones.

• Sympathy 4

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Only when it’s not intended as sympathy. It’s insincerity at its worst.

Similar to a Pats fan saying how bad they feel for 20 years of being owned by Brady, Bellichek and even Mac Jones.

If you had any sympathy for me you wouldn't mention that scumbag. 

Great Job GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 1

I think it was mentioned that there's a bug where a poster thinks they're clicking the green up arrow but it ends up being sympathy.  I think @Dunnie is one.  Not sure what's going on with that.

I do think the sympathy type almost works in cases where there's some kind of sad event (e.g. Carl Weathers passing away) but it still seems odd to post to the OP about it since I'm assuming the OP isn't related and doesn't know him or his family personally.  I think we used to have a different emoji that seemed more appropriate but I can't remember what it was.  

I don't love the "More Ugh" icon btw.  I think a return of the Homer Simpson "D'oh" would be better.

And I'd still like to have a special icon (called "Legendary") that should be used infrequently where you vote on a post that you think is truly great.  At the end of the football year (in other words, after the Super Bowl), The Committee can vote on the best post of the year from amongst that list.  Maybe even have a gold/silver/bronze type thing.  Then @Maxman can spring for some fancy gift for the winner.  Maybe one of those "QB buys gifts for the OL at the end of the season" type gifts, like a Rolex.  kidding

25 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Yes. Only necessary buttons are upvote, downvote, laugh, and POTW.

Didn't we once have the green up arrow but also a thumbs up.  It was completely nonsensical.  It's also odd that we have a green up arrow as well as a thumbs down.  Why not keep it consistent?  (e.g. up and down arrows or thumbs up and thumbs down)?  Though the inconsistency is kind of funny.

• Sympathy 1

i cant vote unless some very important questions are answered first.

is it a gender neutral emoji ?

is it some form of toxic masculinity ?

is it xenophobic in any way ?

is it transphobic in any way ?

is there anything about this emoji that would trigger a sjw ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1