Why do most on this board not believe in Aaron Rodgers?

49 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

He's old, coming off a year long injury, after showing decline in play the previous season. Could he have a major bounce back season? Sure. As you stated, he is one of the best to ever do it. But even the best players eventually lose it, and signs are pointing that way

Call me naive, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I love how the Jets brass is getting crap from the media about kowtowing to Aaron Rodgers. The guy clearly knows more about football than anyone in the building combined. I don’t know how that could even be disputed. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

41 years old next season

Hurt in 2023

Hurt in 2022

Headcase Neo-Hippy with a lot of distractions

JD can’t build an Oline

Jets luck that a move like this winds up historically bad

Kinda already has. Thank you Vinny Testaverde, thank you. 

• Haha 1

I think the main issue is that this team has not been established for a very long time.  The defense is pretty sound but the offense has failed since 2016.  If Rodgers was coming into a situation where truly only a qb is needed then more would be on board.

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

My guess is that most people on the board have faith in Rodgers, but you see the same twelve people complain about him daily. 

People who claim we would have made the playoffs with a Wentz, Tannehill or some other scrub now don’t think we can with Rodgers.  
Who even after his so called decline year in GB had fans talking SB a year ago now have done a 180* 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

Reading through the board it appears a lot of fans are down on Rodgers and the Jets decision to acquire him. I don’t really understand this and think many of you don’t realize how good of a career Rodgers has had. 

Aaron Rodgers is on almost every top 10 list for greatest QB ever. Hes undoubtedly one of the greatest players ever to play the position. Is he old? Yes, is he past his prime? Sure. Still, I will not ever fault the Jets for acquiring this player. We are talking about a living, breathing, legend who very well may be the most physically gifted QB of all time. 

My advice to fellow Jets fans? Try to enjoy Aaron Rodgers this year. Chances are you will never see a more accomplished player wear a Jets uniform in your lifetime. 

A lot of fans are down on everything.

Rodgers has been great but I don't see him being able to overcome age, injury recovery, a weak head coach and a clueless OC.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t care if he was in his prime or the greatest QB of all time. NO ONE can overcome the internal struggle of being on the Jets. 

That about sums it up for me…. Nothing or no one ( not even God could fix the Jets.)

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, MostlyHarmless said:

Reading through the board it appears a lot of fans are down on Rodgers and the Jets decision to acquire him. I don’t really understand this and think many of you don’t realize how good of a career Rodgers has had. 

Aaron Rodgers is on almost every top 10 list for greatest QB ever. Hes undoubtedly one of the greatest players ever to play the position. Is he old? Yes, is he past his prime? Sure. Still, I will not ever fault the Jets for acquiring this player. We are talking about a living, breathing, legend who very well may be the most physically gifted QB of all time. 

My advice to fellow Jets fans? Try to enjoy Aaron Rodgers this year. Chances are you will never see a more accomplished player wear a Jets uniform in your lifetime. 

Brett Favre gave us the best 11 game run this team has had in decades.  

I believe in him. I firmly believe he will provide the best QB play this franchise has seen in 3-4 decades, if not more.

I just think he’s a goober of a person.  But I think that of a lot of people, doesn’t mean I hate them or don’t believe in them.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's funny reading threads like this.  The same posters who adamantly thought Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Geno Smith & Zach Wilson were all great QB's, now think 41 year old post-Achilles Aaron Rodgers is a sure thing for a title run.  And in both cases, any doubters must be insulted for their lack of unquestioning faith.

Round and round and round we go, the same stuff over and over and over year after year.  Believe, don't question, don't doubt.  Being a Jets fan, for some, seems a lot closer to a religion than a pastime or hobby.  Right up to and including the Inquisition against doubter heretics, lol.

Or simply put, the eternal, big divide between pessimists and optimists...  

• Sympathy 1