NFLPA Says Jets Staff Worst in NFL at Managing Practice Time

16 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:
These posts are always strange to me because they act as if we aren't the worst team in all of professional sports that hasn't made the playoffs in 13 years and things like this do actually matter despite "real fans" sticking their head in the sand and whining about it.

All your posts are strange to me.

I imagine critical thought isn't your strong suit.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, I thought their practices weren’t ought enough.  I know someone here posts it all the time.   They also don’t practice in pads.  

And that it was Salehs fault.  

Anything on coaching staff median Golf Handicap? 

• Haha 2

At most work places in North America:

Treatment of Families - work place does not care at all, even a little about your family

Food/Cafeteria - Some fast food trash place with poor section and big price.   Yeah shockingly you have to pay for it yourself.

Nutritionist/Dietician - Might have a benefits plan if you are really really lucky.

Training Room - Go buy a gym membership at your own expense and share it with a billion other people

Weight Room - See above

Strength coaches - No such thing, go look at some youtubes

Team Travel - uh, you have to do any and all of your own travel arrangements you can put in for our expense after you have paid for the trip.

Supervisor - 50/50 chance you will hate your supervisors guts and like Mecole Harman think he is an idiot.

Ownership - The head of the company is vacationing and doesn't care about you at all.

All pro athletes have no clue about the real world. "What?  I have to go find my own plane tickets and not have a bus and 1st class travel???   Eeeeek!  What?  I have to pay for my own meal at a caferia that sells leftover salad and greasy burgers?  Eeeek!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How could their ownership 32nd? Jets should have that cornered.

Jets ownership got a B- (ranked 20th, which is more or less the middle).

Head coach also got a B, fwiw.

Team travel got a C grade -- Jetblue must not be happy about the way Zach was treated here & is clearly taking it out on the other players.

It's possible these grades don't mean much.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The actual grades don't matter.  It is the relative grades.  The Jets are basically bottom third in the NFL.  In the bolded categories below, they are bottom 25%.  Some of those are slightly surprising because they work in one of the NFL's newest and nicest facilities.  Some of these are not surprising because we know the training, conditioning  and medical stinks.

CategoryGradeRank out of 32

Treatment of FamiliesD-25th

Food/CafeteriaC-25th-new facility?

Nutritionist/DieticianB+10th

Locker RoomC-21st

Training RoomC-27th

Training StaffC29th

Weight RoomB-22nd

Strength CoachesB-25th

Team TravelC17th

Head CoachB24th

OwnershipB-20th

The New York Jets finish the year ranked 21st in the team report cards. The number one issue the team has is with how the coaching staff manages their time, with respondents highlighting lack of efficiency around their scheduling. One might think that longer hours at the facility would make the team more successful; however, the data from across the league shows that is not the case. Of the 10 teams that player respondents believe are least efficient with players’ time, only two made the playoffs. The dietician is the only category/staff member that players rank in the top half when compared to the rest of the clubs.

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

Robert Saleh

The NFL Players Association conducts player surveys to rank each NFL team in a variety of categories and it seems the Jets coaching staff was the worst in the NFL in one key area.

The #Jets got dinged for time management in the NFLPA player report cards: pic.twitter.com/rtz8pzRYD7

— Zack Rosenblatt (@ZackBlatt) February 28, 2024

Players ranked the Jets last in the NFL in efficiency of practice time.  According to the survey, players claim that they stay at the facility much later than other teams which does not always lead to success.  As you can see in the tweet above, seven of the top eight teams in efficiency went to the playoffs this season.

With General Manager Joe Douglas due to speak at the combine in Indy today, we’ll see if any of the recent stories lambasting the Jets coaching staff are addressed.

The post NFLPA Says Jets Staff Worst in NFL at Managing Practice Time appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

How the hell do you measure efficiency in practice time

WTF

Some for folks just have too much time on their hands

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Jets ownership got a B- (ranked 20th, which is more or less the middle).

Head coach also got a B, fwiw.

Team travel got a C grade -- Jetblue must not be happy about the way Zach was treated here & is clearly taking it out on the other players.

It's possible these grades don't mean much.

The players filling it out probably took as much care or thought as I did when I was a senior in high school. Already accepted to Penn State my Junior year, had a teacher strike the first 2 months, and just generally was apathetic. 

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Would love to see how this is graded- like were meetings cancelled or pushed back frequently? Or did they run long? The Jets don’t practice in pads during the season so it’s not that. 

you mean your looking for a fact based system on how there coming up with this? ..LMAO.

no thats not how it works. they asked some guys who were probably pissed that they got home late for dinner a few times and thats how they came up with it. 

and that wont stop the mob from coming here and blowing this into a 14 page Saleh bashing.

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

https://nflpa.com/new-york-jets-report-card-2024 - for the Jets' full report

By comparison, here is the Chiefs report.  They ranked 31st overall.image.thumb.png.4bc5880dc470cd7a40aa9e88fb22445a.png

26th food?, 31st nutritionist and training room? they have the last training staff in the league!!!!!

what an embarrassment. Saleh and JD should be fired immediately for this disgrace.

oh wait this is the Chiefs and not the Jets??? sorry. now how can i kill the Jets when the Chiefs are so bad too.?? 

Mods please close this thread. only threads that show the Jets are the worst ever are allowed.

on second thought dont bother, the Saleh/JD bashing mob will be here soon to totally ignore these facts and kill them anyway. carry-on.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Wait, what does Boston have to do with this?

Don't cry to me with your jealousy and butthurt about Green Bay being called TitleTown since before the New England Patriots even existed. I had nothing personally to do with the naming.

What is next? You gonna be butthurt that Green Bay fleeced you for Aaron Rodgers after they were done with him, and now you are stuck with a washed up loser?

Stop crying already

b904y_2.jpg.00abe48b1dd14bab4a9c07534cf7cedf.jpg

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, JetNation said:

Robert Saleh

The NFL Players Association conducts player surveys to rank each NFL team in a variety of categories and it seems the Jets coaching staff was the worst in the NFL in one key area.

The #Jets got dinged for time management in the NFLPA player report cards: pic.twitter.com/rtz8pzRYD7

— Zack Rosenblatt (@ZackBlatt) February 28, 2024

Players ranked the Jets last in the NFL in efficiency of practice time.  According to the survey, players claim that they stay at the facility much later than other teams which does not always lead to success.  As you can see in the tweet above, seven of the top eight teams in efficiency went to the playoffs this season.

With General Manager Joe Douglas due to speak at the combine in Indy today, we’ll see if any of the recent stories lambasting the Jets coaching staff are addressed.

The post NFLPA Says Jets Staff Worst in NFL at Managing Practice Time appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Woody-Mydecisionistokeepthem.thumb.jpg.d9dcea899f914693a8810a3c0a9ada73.jpg

47 minutes ago, doitny said:

26th food?, 31st nutritionist and training room? they have the last training staff in the league!!!!!

what an embarrassment. Saleh and JD should be fired immediately for this disgrace.

oh wait this is the Chiefs and not the Jets??? sorry. now how can i kill the Jets when the Chiefs are so bad too.?? 

The chiefs also have an A plus HC who picked an A plus QB 

That covers up alot of ills 

• Upvote 1