What is your excitement/optimism level for the Jets next season now?

Right now a 5/10 ...once we unveil the new unis a 5.5/10, if we make a good pick in the draft 6.5/10. 

As happy as I am that we have a good OL, I still cant believe we have Keith Carter. 

• Upvote 1

The pessimism is legitimately confusing.  FA period aside - people have the Jets as bad or worse than last year despite watching Zip piroutte his way through another awful campaign and the O line down to 3rd and in some cases 4th stringers. 

In a perfect world Rodgers has his mouth sewn shut until he retires but even with him waxing poetic on all things weird this team is primed to dominate. 

I see it clearly and can't wait for you all to catch up. 

Revenge Tour baby...  It's real. 

My level of excitement leading up to the home opener was off the charts last season.  When he went down after 4 plays I was deflated like most Jet fans.  I don't believe I have recovered from that let down.  I find myself going into this season with very low expectations and not letting myself get caught up in any preseason hoopla. These past few years has been all about the off season hype and then nothing happens. 

YARN | No. No! No! Nothing happens! | Seinfeld (1989) - S04E03 The Pitch |  Video gifs by quotes | efb9691f | 紗

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

The pessimism is legitimately confusing.  FA period aside - people have the Jets as bad or worse than last year despite watching Zip piroutte his way through another awful campaign and the O line down to 3rd and in some cases 4th stringers. 

In a perfect world Rodgers has his mouth sewn shut until he retires but even with him waxing poetic on all things weird this team is primed to dominate. 

Do you remember the Super Bowl talk last off season?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Will know more after the draft.  Too early just yet.

This.

Today?  On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm about a 3.  Quite cynical regarding several key aspects of this Jets organization.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

No one could have forseen the cruelty the football gods bestowed upon our favorite team my friend. 

We will have or vengeance.  Of that I am sure. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I’m getting to tell the truth vibes

somehiw this post really came from @Joe W. Namath

At this point it is best to expect total failure as that is what joes tenure has been-his fanboys refuse to understand  the simple concept that as Herm would say Hello you play to win the game.

if the team exceeds expectations it will be a nice surprise

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

take a look at joe's record -it is AWFUL-what is confusing is the fact that you cant see why people are pessimistic 

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

take a look at joe's record -it is AWFUL-what is confusing is the fact that you cant see why people are pessimistic 

You'll be one of the first I look to E-hug when we clinch the division. 

1 minute ago, BP said:

IM REALLY EXCITED 

WOODY IS OUR LEADER!!

IMG_1453.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

Imagine being the GM of this circus organization, and constantly being followed around by this stooge every day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, peebag said:

Let’s do more talking about Super Bowl. Now’s the only time we can.

Jets Number one! ☝️ 

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, I'd measure my current level at 9.   

If Rodgers does not miss any significant time, we'll see playoffs.  Perhaps even a home playoff game.

The explanation for that.

1. The defense is in tact.  Not only that, they wont lose any energy level or drive due to a constant horrible offensive performance. 

2. The kicking/punting game is in tact.  One of the best if not the absolute kicker/punter combo in the NFL.  There is a lot of hidden offensive yardage there as well as the punting taking a lot of heat off the defense.  This is *really* important.  Winning teams have good special teams. 

3. Three new starters for the offensive line were signed.  Add some more depth and possibly even another starting quality player for the OL, and you have an entirely new offense (provided that Rodgers does not miss any significant amount of time).

4.  The change at OC.  Rodgers running the offense on the field with Hackett doing what he was intended to do.  Hold the clipboard for Rodgers. 

5. Skill players are there.  Yes, they need another pass catcher which they are sure to get in the draft, but they still have one of the best in the league with G. Wilson.  They also have one of the best ball carriers with Breece.  Consider them now having a much better offensive line and a HOF QB directing it all.

I would not be the least bit surprised if they win the division and are one of top three seeds on the AFC.

Let me say again because it is ALL IMPORTANT.  Although Tyrod can fill in nicely for a game or two if needed, Rodgers staying healthy is everything.  Tyrod is a good back-up QB, but he is not a QB/OC nor is he as clutch as Rodgers in very big spots. 

It's usually through the roof right now, it apexes around the draft. My excitement level plummets when I realize how bad this team really is during the season. I consider it a successful season if my optimism lasts until October. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was extremely negative going into this offseason.  It felt like next season was going to be a death-march where we'd clean house (JD, Saleh, AR8).

There was someone on here who joked (or maybe just made a wise observation!) that people will get optimistic once we start acquiring players and are heading into next year.  I have to be honest that I am starting to get optimistic.  The rebuilt OL plus the idea that we might be adding a great WR in the draft (plus more FA signings and maybe more OL depth in the draft) makes me think we could potentially really help turn this offense around quickly. 

Don't get me wrong though.  I realize we have gigantic injury risks that could derail the season.  And we all know that if something bad can happen for the Jets, it will.  But I like the "AR8 revenge tour" angle  (@Pac TM) and I like the idea that it's always darkest before the dawn (getting only 4 plays from AR8 last season crushed our hopes/expectations but maybe things will now turn around in a great way). 

Anyone else feeling this way?  

Not me. We are still headed towards worst team in football in 2025. Teams don't get better by being older which is what the Jets are doing

• More Ugh 1

Same as last year. With a little good luck with injuries... the Jets are a very, very strong football team.

Assuming we get some more additions at WR, there aren't many NFL rosters as complete as the Jets have on paper. It's hard to find something not to like, outside of Rodgers' age and that Tyron/Moses are on 1-year deals.

Should the Jets have the same bad luck as last year - starting 4 different QBs and 15 OL - then I would expect the same as last year...

The valiant and under appreciated Zach Wilson sacrificed himself so that Joe Douglas could wake up and see the massive holes and dog players on this roster....and Rodgers is the beneficiary of it all!

Zach the Hero who threw himself on a grenade in a fox hole.

• Haha 1

On paper we had a good off-season and filled some big holes well. It is hard not to be optimistic but I am also a bit concerned that the team as a whole is very fragile. IF every member can stay healthy we have a very decent roster but the way I see it is we are one offensive line injury from catastrophy there has to be more added both at wr and offensive line depth because it's a matter of when with injuries not if and we need to have a good back up plan for when one of our injury prone linemen or weapons go down.