Vikings make offers to Pats and Commanders?

So, my guys in a building have heard a rumor that the Vikings have offered their two 2024 1st round picks and their 2025 1st to the Patriots to move up to #3 and offered the same deal with a 2025 3rd to the Commanders.

They want Drake Maye. Josh McCown coached him in high school.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So, my guys in a building have heard a rumor that the Vikings have offered their two 2024 1st round picks and their 2025 1st to the Patriots to move up to #3 and offered the same deal with a 2025 3rd to the Commanders.

I was going to say, if they were going to do this for JJ you’d have to fire someone somewhere for something 

• Green Ghost changed the title to Vikings make offers to Pats and Commanders?
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Which building? My building guy says they're offering the '24 1sts but it's a 2nd to the Commanders in '25. 😛 

The NE Director of Scouting took down his only tweet this year in which he said the Vikings made the Pats a Godfather offer to move up to #3 and likely made another to Washington in order to draft Maye.
They show that tweet, and discuss the rumor on a YouTube site called Vikings Chat Up.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The NE Director of Scouting took down his only tweet this year in which he said the Vikings made the Pats a Godfather offer to move up to #3 and likely made another to Washington in order to draft Maye.
They show that tweet, and discuss the rumor on a YouTube site called Vikings Chat Up.

EDITED:

The Vikings would have to have ALL 3 QBs in their Top 3 and be accepting of any one of them..... as apparently McCagnan was with Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen (rumored) to make this offer pre-Draft.

Similarly, with both the Commanders and Patriots in dire need of a QB they'd have to be crazy to do the trade now.  You'd have to think they'd want to see who lands in their laps at #2 and #3 respectively and THEN get disappointed enough to trade out because they don't like the one or two QBs that are left to choose from, right?

I mean, the problem for the Vikings is that all three of the Top 3 teams are in need of a QB.  They may try to break into that tier now but my guess is that they'll be shut out and need to make the move on Draft Day.  I also think they're only realistic QB possibility towards the Top will be the QB4, like JJ McCarthy, and they may need to get to #5 with the Chargers to make that happen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

It may be a footnote but I will never not like ending Bill Belichick's career with a loss to the Jets and then watching him get passed over for the Falcons' head coaching job.

More than the Vikings' 2 #1's this year and a #1 next year?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Beating the Commanders is the thing we should be more upset about.  The Jets had no business winning that game.

I'll never be too upset beating the Dolphins, Pats or Bills.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So... somewhere, there IS some guy, maybe in a building... somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Nice, Dick Kotite coming through with the inside info. Drake Maye is going to be best QB out of this draft 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I see your "guy in a building" and will re-raise you with "a man in an office with a WiFi connection".

And that man says; "Who gives a flying Becton what any of those teams do?"

A flying Becton? That’s great! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It may be a footnote but I will never not like ending Bill Belichick's career with a loss to the Jets and then watching him get passed over for the Falcons' head coaching job.

If you blow a draft slot for a meaningless win, it has to be Belichick or Shula level...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I see your "guy in a building" and will re-raise you with "a man in an office with a WiFi connection".

And that man says; "Who gives a flying Becton what any of those teams do?"

As God is my witness, I thought Becton could fly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The chowderheads I know are convinced they are trading with the Vikings and then taking JJ McCarthy at 11.

This scenario would be ideal for a Jets trade back.

My vet says JD will offer McDuck (who was a 1st round pick last year) this years 1st #10 and a 2nd next year to move up to 3 or 4. And he’d throw in Zach and Lizard.  Do it JD. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

we need to stop being afraid of the Pats. once Brady left he exposed them for what they are . frauds.

they dont draft well to begin with. and it showed once Brady left. now Mayo could turn out to be good but lets let him earn us being worried about what they're going to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

we need to stop being afraid of the Pats. once Brady left he exposed them for what they are . frauds.

they dont draft well to begin with. and it showed once Brady left. now Mayo could turn out to be good but lets let him earn us being worried about what they're going to do.

The Pats are a regular team now.  No more TB12 or BB.  They have a rookie HC and will be working in a rookie QB behind Brissett.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Beating the Commanders is the thing we should be more upset about.  The Jets had no business winning that game.

I'll never be too upset beating the Dolphins, Pats or Bills.

I'll never be too upset beating the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders/Future Red Hogs.

• Haha 1