Josh Jacobs Flips a Dirt Bike While Being Towed By an ATV

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Smart smart man wearing a helmet.  Always wear you helmet when cycling or motor cycling or skate boarding or roller blading or whatever you do for fun.   It's not the perceived dangerous moves that get you it is the innocent small things like this that get you.

100%.  About 5 years ago, I was riding my bicycle, wearing a helmet.  I was riding in a group, a guy to my right cut in front of me and next thing I remember is being helped up by some of the guys I was riding with.  I have no memory of falling to this day.  I had no idea how to get back home -- and these were roads I road on all the time.  I just followed the guys I was with until my head cleared.  When I got home, I went to the ER and I could not answer the doctor's questions about my medical history.  Scary stuff when your brain is not working right (although some might say mine never does).

I hate to think about what might have been had I not been wearing a helmet.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

100%.  About 5 years ago, I was riding my bicycle, wearing a helmet.  I was riding in a group, a guy to my right cut in front of me and next thing I remember is being helped up by some of the guys I was riding with.  I have no memory of falling to this day.  I had no idea how to get back home -- and these were roads I road on all the time.  I just followed the guys I was with until my head cleared.  When I got home, I went to the ER and I could not answer the doctor's questions about my medical history.  Scary stuff when your brain is not working right (although some might say mine never does).

I hate to think about what might have been had I not been wearing a helmet.

I have bicycle paths in front of my house, it bothers me that I see families riding and to their credit the kids all have helmets but the parents don;t.

I think, 'If you cared about your kids you would also be wearing helmets.'

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Smart smart man wearing a helmet.  Always wear you helmet when cycling or motor cycling or skate boarding or roller blading or whatever you do for fun.   It's not the perceived dangerous moves that get you it is the innocent small things like this that get you.

I responded to a Motorcycle accident in a parking lot once, years back... mid-day, no drinking involved. Dude was doing about 6 MPH on his HD and somehow dumped the bike. Head hit a concrete parking stop. No helmet. 

He died. 

Don't be stupid. Death is real.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I responded to a Motorcycle accident in a parking lot once, years back... mid-day, no drinking involved. Dude was doing about 6 MPH on his HD and somehow dumped the bike. Head hit a concrete parking stop. No helmet. 

He died. 

Don't be stupid. Death is real.

I remember in my late teens thinking about buying a motorcycle and then seeing a guy who had somehow spilled, who was wearing a helmet, dead with his neck bent at a weird angle up against a curb. Bought a car instead! . Always heard from guys who rode that it was the cars that made it dangerous to ride a bike.

6 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I remember in my late teens thinking about buying a motorcycle and then seeing a guy who had somehow spilled, who was wearing a helmet, dead with his neck bent at a weird angle up against a curb. Bought a car instead! . Always heard from guys who rode that it was the cars that made it dangerous to ride a bike.

In the Fire Service in Florida, they are referred to as "Donorcycles".... retired Northeasterners love to drive into buildings and swimming pools. They don't even know bikes exist. 

Maybe in Texas or Wyoming, but here?? Nope.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Amen.  A friend of mine lost her son to a skateboarding accident two weeks into college.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

Literally have Zero idea what he even means. 

What is so hard to understand? what part is confusing you? Or, was that you who flipped on the bike? Maybe you should take yourself to the ER. 

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

What is so hard to understand? what part is confusing you? Or, was that you who flipped on the bike? Maybe you should take yourself to the ER. 

you sound like a wreck 👍

• Thumb Down 1