Jets Have Turned Down Trade Offers for Zach

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

FFS what difference does that make?

He has hired people to run football operations, he wants to 'be in on everything' but he has almost zero pull.  What douglas and saleh tell him they are doing he wags his tail.

He hired Mike Maccagnan dude.  He deserves every single bit of criticism he gets for that hire alone.

• Upvote 1

LOL.  You act like he was verbally and physically assaulted here.  WTF is wrong with you.
It's always been my stance that the situation he was brought into and the way he was handled was malpractice. Is this news to you ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Cry me a river. What exactly did he go through here? 
the kid just sucks at football and is mentally weak
1. Rookie Head Coach (DC actually)
2. Rookie OC
3. 1 WR
4. 1 RB
5. .5 TE
6. Hackett
7. Worst Offensive Line in Football

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Coaches, players yes. He’s been a distraction since he got to the team and hasn’t performed. He has zero value. He’s likely out of football if not for the Jets. Yet we’re letting him seek his desired trade spot? The whole thing has been rotten from the start. He cannot play NFL football. 5 million is ashtray money to woody.

then why don't we just out right release him if Woody wants to continue paying him ? At this point are teams going to promise they dont step in front of us on an UDFA this spring :) 

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

2. Rookie OC
3. 1 WR
4. 1 RB
5. .5 TE
6. Hackett

and every other QB that played other than Boyle (who sucked as well) out played him by a large margin so this excuse does not work at all

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's always been my stance that the situation he was brought into and the way he was handled was malpractice. Is this news to you ?emoji38.png

You still talkin this talk ? seriously ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

2. Rookie OC
3. 1 WR
4. 1 RB
5. .5 TE
6. Hackett

Darnold had a far worse hc in Gase. Was throwing the ball to Lawrence cager and handing the ball off to 40 year old frank gore. 

in comparison ZW was put in a much better position to succeed 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

and every other QB that played other than Boyle (who sucked as well) out played him by a large margin so this excuse does not work at all

There is an argument Zack outplayed Rodgers. He had a higher completion rate and didn't tear an ACL after just one sack?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Per PFT:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/source-jets-have-gotten-trade-offers-for-zach-wilson

Frankly, clearing up 5.5M in cap space currently being spent on a third string QB is a more important outcome than getting a 6th rd pick instead of a conditional seventh. Unless someone is insisting they eat the contract anyway (which the acquiring team would need to pay for with better comp), they need to just take the best available offer and move on

Woody is a boob .

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

2. Rookie OC
3. 1 WR
4. 1 RB
5. .5 TE
6. Hackett

The supporting cast they gave Wilson was MUCH better than what they gave Sam Darnold, and Darnold flashed a lot more than Wilson did (and was able to fetch a 2 in a trade)

I wish the league thought Wilson was a victim, but unfortunately it doesn’t look that way.

• Upvote 1

Darnold had a far worse hc in Gase. Was throwing the ball to Lawrence cager and handing the ball off to 40 year old frank gore. 
You are saying Gase was a worse offensive coach than Saleh ???

9 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Per PFT:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/source-jets-have-gotten-trade-offers-for-zach-wilson

Frankly, clearing up 5.5M in cap space currently being spent on a third string QB is a more important outcome than getting a 6th rd pick instead of a conditional seventh. Unless someone is insisting they eat the contract anyway (which the acquiring team would need to pay for with better comp), they need to just take the best available offer and move on

What if the best offer is “take our 6th in 2025 but also pay $4 mil to Wilson while giving back a 7th this year”? Can’t say one way or other what’s being declined. Pretty sure Jets want him gone even for a 6th but there could be other strings attached. I’m not buying the Woody speculations. He took a dump on Wilson without even hesitating. He’s not doing anything to keep Wilson in NY. Unless he’s insisting on paying and keeping Wilson at $5mil as opposed to sending him away by paying $4mil. Just throwing it out there. 

8 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Gase had to draw up plays for Jeff Smith 🤣

That’s how bad Mike Maccagnan was at drafting and team-building 

In Gase’s pseudo-defense, he’s the only coach in NFL history to squeeze production out of Denzel Mims

• Haha 1

Creating a false market for Zack is either genius-like or idiot-like. 

At this stage, I want him off the books, but drumming up interest to eat more salary could be a genius approach. It could also really suck and we pay $5m for a 3rd Choice QB. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's always been my stance that the situation he was brought into and the way he was handled was malpractice. Is this news to you ?emoji38.png

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

2. Rookie OC
3. 1 WR
4. 1 RB
5. .5 TE
6. Hackett

true-believers-444993.jpg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Per PFT:

49ers:  give us Sauce and Garrett Wilson and we will take Zach and his $11.1 million cap hit off your hands

13 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

What if the best offer is “take our 6th in 2025 but also pay $4 mil to Wilson while giving back a 7th this year”? Can’t say one way or other what’s being declined. Pretty sure Jets want him gone even for a 6th but there could be other strings attached. I’m not buying the Woody speculations. He took a dump on Wilson without even hesitating. He’s not doing anything to keep Wilson in NY. Unless he’s insisting on paying and keeping Wilson at $5mil as opposed to sending him away by paying $4mil. Just throwing it out there. 

There was no offer the story is bs. Probably planted by the jets 

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I said he had 1 good draft, (i.e he drafts poorly)  I didn't say anything about FA's, cap management etc.  But since you mentioned it....  His FA signings are tarnished by his FA busts and I would add if he had just average drafts, the FA issue would be secondary, not primary.  The FA's he brought in to play with AR8 have sucked.   AR8 has blown up in his face. But if we are going to mention abstract things about JD, I bet he wore a polyester suit to his wedding.  :)

Fair enough, I assumed the "assess his skills" thing was regarding his entire body of work... his drafting definitely makes me nervous. He's 1 more dog sh*t OL choice away from me being permanently out on him.

I will defend JD on one thing with free agents. Once again, he has missed on some FAs like any GM, but almost every contract has had an easy out for the Jets after 1 or 2 years. The only Rodgers-buddy signing that has legitimately bitten us in the ass is Lazard, which was admittedly horrible (easily JDs worst ever free agency move). Either way, either he'll be gone next year or the moves he's made will work. At least we have that reassurance.