Jets Have Turned Down Trade Offers for Zach

Zero specifics on what kind of offers.

Sounds like BS with JD trying to save face.

If this is actually real, must be like:

”We’ll take him if you agree to pay 90% of his salary and give us a 7th rounder that becomes a 6th if he doesn’t make it out of final cuts.”

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Another great round 1 pick.....  Thank You JD, Thank you.  Maybe he can pack Becton with Zach and get a ham sandwich.

Ham prices are up these days - maybe egg salad since the price of eggs came back down

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

If true the probable reason to turn down an offer is that they wanted the Jets to pay a large portion of the salary due.

I’d gather if this is true (who knows) it’s in a city that Zach prefers not to play in.

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If true the probable reason to turn down an offer is that they wanted the Jets to pay a large portion of the salary due.

My guess is all of it, which they should do and take a 6th in return.

If there are actual offers and we've declined, it's probably some kind of trade down package.  Like Denver offering 12 and a 7th for 10 and Zach.  If that's the case, **** it.  I'd rather cut him.

If it's straight up Zach for a pick, or Zach and a 6th for a 5th, then yes they are idiots for declining.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I think it's likelier than not Wilson's on the roster again next year.

Am I wrong for possibly believing this has always been the plan and Woodys remarks were calculated 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I can’t for the life of me think this report is true but if it is, this place gonna be fun

If the Jets gave Zach permission to seek a trade, then they might have offers.   

Seeing Mac and Fields have good game film and one can still be viewed with potential and only got 6th round picks.  The Jets might be trying to win the "2021 We F'd up the 1st Round QB we drafted" sweepstakes by getting a 3rd. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly think Douglas is going to have ZW take a paycut when there are no suitors (and there aren't) and he will be QB3 here.

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Pay cut is not an option.

Yeah, Zach's salary is guaranteed, so he's getting it no matter what happens. No incentive at all for him to take a paycut - I don't think it would be allowed under the CBA anyway.

If he's on the Jets, he's getting that full amount.  If he's traded, he's getting that full amount.  If he's cut, he's getting that full amount.

• Upvote 4

John Lynch: Hey Joe, I see you have Zach Wilson on the trade block - that right?

JD: Hey John, yea it just isn't working out here and we're looking to move on.

JL: Tell ya what, if you give us a 2024 6th we'll take that 5mm cap hit off your hands.

JD: ... * thinking - considering *

JL: Hello?

JD: ... * thinking - considering *

JL: I think we got disconnected. Call me back when your reception is good.

* JL hangs up *

* JD tells reporter he turned down an offer *

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly think Douglas is going to have ZW take a paycut when there are no suitors (and there aren't) and he will be QB3 here.

his money is guaranteed.  No such thing as a "pay cut" here.  either cut him and pay him, keep him and pay him, or trade him and eat almost all of what is needed to pay him.

I do not trust PFT as a source, btw. 

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, Zach's salary is guaranteed, so he's getting it no matter what happens. No incentive at all for him to take a paycut - I don't think it would be allowed under the CBA anyway.

If he's on the Jets, he's getting that full amount.  If he's traded, he's getting that full amount.  If he's cut, he's getting that full amount.

Which is the rub. Is Woody not up for paying him to go away? He’s done it for other players. Is the team that offered something a place Zach and his camp doesn’t want to be? I could see that.