Jets Have Turned Down Trade Offers for Zach

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

his money is guaranteed.  No such thing as a "pay cut" here.  either cut him and pay him, keep him and pay him, or trade him and eat almost all of what is needed to pay him.

I do not trust PFT as a source, btw. 

I'm not sure what is happening but he probably should have been traded or cut already. I have a feeling Douglas is looking to keep him as QB3/developmental guy. 

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm not sure what is happening but he probably should have been traded or cut already. I have a feeling Douglas is looking to keep him as QB3/developmental guy. 

What’s next? Pick up his 5th year option? This isn’t Douglas it’s team Wilson and Woody.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Warfish said:

Lol, is there any outcome that would make you rethink your whole conspiracy theory?  Of course not.  Whatever happens, it'll be a sign you were right all along (to you, lol).

It’s not any less ridiculous than your conspiracy that this is merely Douglas being stubborn.

43 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The terms of the offers and the teams that made them aren’t known, for now. It’s believed by some that owner Woody Johnson is the person keeping it from happening.

On Monday, coach Robert Saleh declined to comment on Wilson during a press availability at the annual meetings. Saleh said he would defer to G.M. Joe Douglas — who ultimately may be deferring to Johnson.

Florio probably just out-florio-ing himself here. Let’s take one thing one person said off the record and turn it into some provocative click-bait. That is his business model. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Florio probably just out-florio-ing himself here. Let’s take one thing one person said off the record and turn it into some provocative click-bait. That is his business model. 

Clearly his source is Matt at JN, lol.

• Haha 4

Zero mention of Zach during todays presser with Saleh when discussing QBs. Mentioned they will add a QB3 ‘behind Aaron and Tyrod’. 

Zach is a goner, just a matter of how/when. He won’t be back next year

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Another great round 1 pick.....  Thank You JD, Thank you.  Maybe he can pack Becton with Zach and get a ham sandwich.

You know what's crazy?  JD actually has a better 1st round track record than John Lynch, who has been a GM for going on 8 years now and is considered one of the more respected GMs in the league.

While I don't claim to fully understand the comp pick formula, I think there is a tiny, tiny silver lining to keeping Wilson 1 more year. He may help our 2026 comp pick(s) if he walks next free agency. 

Ranking my opinion on the theories here:

1) JD has really fielded calls, but they've been bad offers where we either need to add our own pick(s) or cover ZWs entire salary for nothing in return, neither of which really makes more sense than cutting him.

2) Woody is interfering and either doesn't want to sell his buddy for peanuts or wants to keep him out of "bad" situations (as it'd probably be best for ZW himself just to get cut). 

3) this is BS leaked by a Jets sympathizer to spur the "market"

4) these "offers" came months ago before the qb market settled itself, and JD thought wrong that he could do better (and now the offers are being Mis represented to us as relevant by this article)

5) JD has lost the plot and really thinks he can afford to wait out the market for a better trade (which feels unlikely given JDs solid history in the trade/salary cap areas)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Zero mention of Zach during todays presser with Saleh when discussing QBs. Mentioned they will add a QB3 ‘behind Aaron and Tyrod’. 

Zach is a goner, just a matter of how/when. He won’t be back next year

Exactly. The head coach is already treating Zach as a former player, and looking to add a 3rd QB behind the two vets.

Zach is already gone - it's just a matter of time as to it becoming officially official.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

You know what's crazy?  JD actually has a better 1st round track record than John Lynch, who has been a GM for going on 8 years now and is considered one of the more respected GMs in the league.

Jon lynch has a better track record in rd 5 than JD does in rd 1

DJ Reed, Dre Greenlaw & George Kittle

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, hawk said:

His money's guaranteed, on the roster or not.  No pay cut coming.

Literally the only leverage for a paycut would be "agree to a paycut or we're keeping you as the third string QB"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is so stupid by Saleh and Woody publicly announce they've already committed to moving on from him no matter what.

Teams know the Jets are going to have to cut him.

Do the Jets think other teams are idiots?

Just accept the best offer or cut him and move on...

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There is, quite literally, nothing bizarre about the Jets not wanting to pay most, if not all, of Wilson’s salary when they can just wait it out.

Wait out what? Just cut him. It’s a distraction. 

40 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I dont have time to investigate but I believe it.  rounds 2-5 matter and I remember how quickly he moved on from Trey Lance.  We stuck with both Becton and Zach and both were a waste of time.