Stefon Diggs traded to Houston

3 minutes ago, slats said:

If they cut him outright, the dead money hit would’ve been over $49M. They waited until they got a trade in place to save themselves over $18M. Cool that you think that’s a good strategy, because it is. The Jets should try to do something like that. 

1. No ones trading for Wilson. 2. His dead cap hit is ashtray money in comparison. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Small market Bills not worried about dead cap in order to get a disgruntled player off of the roster 

If they cut him outright, the dead money hit would’ve been over $49M. They waited until they got a trade in place to save themselves over $18M. Cool that you think that’s a good strategy, because it is. The Jets should try to do something like that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

If they cut him outright, the dead money hit would’ve been over $49M. They waited until they got a trade in place to save themselves over $18M. Cool that you think that’s a good strategy, because it is. The Jets should try to do something like that. 

unlikely anyone is going to pick up the wilson contract.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if bills have the ammo to get from 28 to 9.  

I wouldn't think 28th and 60th picks is enough and they'd be stupid to give a boatload of picks considering they're weak in multiple areas. 

They are are toast.  Only QB that can win without WRs or a RB is Mahomes and he has Kelce. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Texans betting hard against the sophomore slump. Ballsy but I like it.

The sophomore slump for QBs hasn't really been a thing for a while now.  Young QBs have been seeing an uptick in production in their 2nd seasons far more often than they used to.

• Upvote 1

Houston was already fun to watch. Now they could genuinely be scary. Great move for them. Still have their picks this year to keep building. 

Crazy how hitting on your top QB pick can completely change how a team is viewed. This is why I’ll never agree with the “address all your other needs first” strategy. If you’re picking top-2 or 3 and there is a kid on the board that you’re completely sold on, take him. Figure out the rest later. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

1. No ones trading for Wilson. 2. His dead cap hit is ashtray money in comparison. 

1.) Probably not, but it hurts nothing but your feelings to wait it out and see, which I fully support. 

2.) $5.5M is less, but still a nice savings if they can pull it off. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Best comment on the Texans forum:

The pass he is going to drop in the AFC championship game will be the most heartbreaking event in Texans history

Funny, but....The Texans have never been to an AFC Championship game.  I'm sure they'll manage.

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

Houston was already fun to watch. Now they could genuinely be scary. Great move for them. Still have their picks this year to keep building. 

Crazy how hitting on your top QB pick can completely change how a team is viewed. This is why I’ll never agree with the “address all your other needs first” strategy. If you’re picking top-2 or 3 and there is a kid on the board that you’re completely sold on, take him. Figure out the rest later. 

texans under 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Not just Raekwon, they lost Wilkins too.

The interior of their defense has been entirely gutted from their DL to their LB corps.

Plus two DL guys (I think?) who tore ACLs or Achilles late on in the season, who may not be good to go at least early on?

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I guess this is why they pay Josh Allen the big bucks. Let’s see what he’s got 

This post made me chuckle.

Josh Allen is the only QB in the NFL who can hold a candle to Mahomes. Jets fans thinking not having Diggs and Gabe Davis will change that is adorable.

Shipping Diggs to Houston leaves a massive gaping hole in Buffalo's receiver corps, which also lost Gabe Davis in free agency to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Allen's top targets are currently Khalil Shakir, Curtis Samuel, Mack Hollins, K.J. Hamler and Justin Shorter.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-trade-wr-stefon-diggs-to-texans-for-2025-second-round-draft-pick

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Plus two DL guys (I think?) who tore ACLs or Achilles late on in the season, who may not be good to go at least early on?

Yep, both Philips and Chubb are coming off of injuries.

That team is much more of a question mark than many believe. And they’re faced with giving a gamemanager a $260 million deal soon.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Does Buffalo have the money to sign Tee Higgins if they trade for him?

Yes, his 2024 cap hit is about ~21.8 million and the Bills have ~35 in space (spotrac). There's no way I see the Bengals sending Higgins to the Bills though.

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you’re right. Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB. He’s nothing without Diggs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Nothing?  No.  He'll always be dangerous as the dual threat with or without weapons.  But his numbers sure look a lot closer to the ones he posted at Wyoming without him. 

QBs make their WRs far more often than the latter but there are still WRs out there that are uber elite and help lift the game of their QBs in a meaningful way.  Diggs was in that category as an exception to the rule.

Rationalize that however you wish.

• Upvote 1

Diva WR. Was a great player but will probably be for the best long term for Josh Allen. The guy already has a knack for trying to force throws. Get more system guys in there that won’t flip out when they aren’t getting the ball. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

texans under 

With all that money couldn't somebody by the girl on the right with the huge sunglasses a nose? She has no nose. Look like the damn female version of the dude from that movie Mask. 

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you’re right. Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB. He’s nothing without Diggs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Elite QB who can shit the bed like no other at the worse times. At end of the day nothing changes. Buffalo was never winning it all with or without him. It's Buffalo for Petes sake!

• Haha 3