Alt, Odunze, or Bowers -- who would you take?

Alt, Odunze, or Bowers?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. If Joe Alt, Rome Odunze, and Brock Bowers are all available when the Jets pick, who do you want them to take?

• Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
    • Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
    • Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

I will say this in every single thread. I’m furious we beat the dumbass Pats and Commanders in garbage time December. In typical Jets fashion we played our way out of tier one of the draft. Odunze and Alt will be gone. We’ll settle for Bowers who will be ignored by Rodgers and Hackett. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

T. Smith will be injured by week 1 with an injury that supposedly will only keep him out for 3 weeks, but inevitably and unsurprisingly that time will extend indefinitely. Moses will follow around week 6 or 7. If the Jets make the stupidest move in the world, which also makes it the most likeliest move for the Jets, they will sign Bhaktiari and he will also be injured by week 2. AVT will also get injured at some point. Carter Warren will suck, which will cause that Rodgers gets injured. Taylor will last two to three games and will also get injured.

Jets fans will hold on to hope that all the injured olinemen will be available for the 2nd half of the season, but that will never happen. Then Jets fans will say something like...."we are cursed" 🤣

The only move is to draft offensive linemen. If possible trade down, and double down on offensive linemen, a combo like: Mims and Morgan, or Guyton and Paul. Third round grab whatever is available at WR.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m thinking this way, MW goes down and it’s 2023 all over, GW on his own.  Would be great to have RO as insurance.

If one of the OLmen go down without Alt, we can survive.  If 2 go down we can survive.  So WR 1st over OL

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I will say this in every single thread. I’m furious we beat the dumbass Pats and Commanders in garbage time December. In typical Jets fashion we played our way out of tier one of the draft. Odunze and Alt will be gone. We’ll settle for Bowers who will be ignored by Rodgers and Hackett. 

So you expected a tank.  Like basketball.  And didn’t get it

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

No, I expected the Jets to win meaningless games, as always. For the #culture. 

Because that’s the way the game works.  You beat teams you’re better than or play better than.  
Sucks that the Jets were a 7 win team when you wanted them to be a 5 win team.  
Not for the culture but for the players breaking their asses trying to win.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because that’s the way the game works.  You beat teams you’re better than or play better than.  

Yeah, it does suck 

22 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I will say this in every single thread. I’m furious we beat the dumbass Pats and Commanders in garbage time December. In

The players would most likely disagree…. Rodgers would disagree. Professional athletes worth anything, have a high level of pride and play for each other, not for the rookies coming to take their teammates jobs.

That’s what quitters do…. Give up

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

The silver lining is that we can trade away future #1's to move up in this draft!

• Upvote 1

Odunze all day. MW won't be ready until during TC. He'll be on the Breece plan. Bring in Bacteria as Tyron Insurance. Bowers is a "break glass in case of emergency" type pick.

Alt is good, but this is just an all on year and I have zero ****s to give about 2026. That's an eternity away in Football years. 

And if I hear any of these kids called "Generational", I might vomit. ON you.

Someday....

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Odunze all day. MW won't be ready until during TC. He'll be on the Breece plan. Bring in Bacteria as Tyron Insurance. Bowers is a "break glass in case of emergency" type pick.

Alt is good, but this is just an all on year and I have zero ****s to give about 2026. That's an eternity away in Football years. 

And if I hear any of these kids called "Generational", I might vomit. ON you.

Someday....

Mike Francesa GIF by A24

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When the playoffs were still possible, the Jets laid down to the Dolphins and got blown out 30-0.   The last 3 games of the year were officially GT and we, of course, won 2 of 3.

That’s the jet way man. Moral victories only ha. Trevor Lawrence hasn’t been great, but miles better than Zach. Jets were in driver seat for #1 overall in 2020 season. Had to play heros and win a game ha. Or few years before that. Let Josh mcCown play hero ball, jets fight to get out of 3 overall, move back to 6 overall. Only to trade 3 second rounders to move back to 3 overall lol. Jets sure could have used 1 of those seconds to select a WR. These 3 all 2nds that yr of course ha- deboo samual, AJ brown, DK metcalf.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

The players would most likely disagree…. Rodgers would disagree. Professional athletes worth anything, have a high level of pride and play for each other, not for the rookies coming to take their teammates jobs.

That’s what quitters do…. Give up

I’m a fan, not a player. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m a fan, not a player. 

If they wanted to compete, they could have traded for a QB or brought in Flacco at the deadline when they were 4-3 and Zach Wilson was giving them nothing. If they were clear-eyed about their chances for the season, they should have traded Huff, benched Wilson, and set themselves up for the draft knowing they were going nowhere and in need of draft capital. Instead they half-assed it, went an ugly 0-6 after the deadline, lost Huff, ran into the controversy with Zach’s “concussion” and let Breece Hall carry it 37 times in Week 18 to beat the Pats for some reason and are now at the mercy of the Bears and Falcons, whom they could have jumped. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they wanted to compete, they could have traded for a QB or brought in Flacco at the deadline when they were 4-3 and Zach Wilson was giving them nothing. If they were clear-eyed about their chances for the season, they should have traded Huff, benched Wilson, and set themselves up for the draft knowing they were going nowhere and in need of draft capital. Instead they half-assed it, went an ugly 0-6 after the deadline, lost Huff, ran into the controversy with Zach’s “concussion” and let Breece Hall carry it 37 times in Week 18 to beat the Pats for some reason and are now at the mercy of the Bears and Falcons, whom they could have jumped. 

With respect, the only place I’ve seen or heard any semblance of a “controversy” over Zach’s concussion is JetNation. 

They should have brought in another QB on September 12. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

In hindsight would have been gold losing to Giants too:

Staring at MHJ or a gold mine in a potential trade back from #4.

• Upvote 1

T. Smith will be injured by week 1 with an injury that supposedly will only keep him out for 3 weeks, but inevitably and unsurprisingly that time will extend indefinitely. Moses will follow around week 6 or 7. If the Jets make the stupidest move in the world, which also makes it the most likeliest move for the Jets, they will sign Bhaktiari and he will also be injured by week 2. AVT will also get injured at some point. Carter Warren will suck, which will cause that Rodgers gets injured. Taylor will last two to three games and will also get injured.
Jets fans will hold on to hope that all the injured olinemen will be available for the 2nd half of the season, but that will never happen. Then Jets fans will say something like...."we are cursed" 
The only move is to draft offensive linemen. If possible trade down, and double down on offensive linemen, a combo like: Mims and Morgan, or Guyton and Paul. Third round grab whatever is available at WR.
It's like a smart person suddenly entered the room.

The adult thing to do is select Alt of course.

The mid life crisis pick ... The one I subscribe to ... is Odunze.

The least likely to work out and the guy most likely selected is Bowers.

I be pulling for whoever gets the jersey and hope he is a generational guy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1. Joe Alt

2. Rome Odunze

3. Brock Bowers

You don't turn down players like Alt. As much as I'd love Odunze, he won't fall (and neither will Alt).

May have a shot at Bowers but he's the least of the guys I'd want. 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When the playoffs were still possible, the Jets laid down to the Dolphins and got blown out 30-0.   The last 3 games of the year were officially GT and we, of course, won 2 of 3.

That is a fan complaint, not a team complaint.

And anyone who was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Jets in the last game is not a Jets fan. 

If all three are available I take alt because it we get insurance this year but it also hopefully protects our future QB from injury. The real question is with nabers, mhj, alt, odunze and Bowers off the board who do you take because that is a much more realistic scenario than us having our choice.

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

With respect, the only place I’ve seen or heard any semblance of a “controversy” over Zach’s concussion is JetNation. 

They should have brought in another QB on September 12. 

Not just the concussion, but the whole reluctant to play, benching, not benching drama at the end of the season. All of that for the worst starter in football, and a dude they can’t give away right now. 

• Upvote 1

And anyone who was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Jets in the last game is not a Jets fan. 
The sweetest song will be the one the Massholes sing when their 3rd overall QB flounders ... I need Sauce to start burning Pat the Patriot effigies to make this happen.

Would.be really nice to hit on the 10th pick after having handed Belichik his career ending loss.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

In hindsight would have been gold losing to Giants too:

Staring at MHJ or a gold mine in a potential trade back from #4.

Being a Jets fan is fun, but different. For us, the football season is really just the set up for the main event: the NFL Draft. Winning games is just another way the team ****s itself. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sackdance said:

You can tell yourself that if you'd like but it doesn't make it true.

Besides, I wasn't rooting for the Pats.  I was rooting against the Jets.