Alt, Odunze, or Bowers -- who would you take?

Alt, Odunze, or Bowers?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. If Joe Alt, Rome Odunze, and Brock Bowers are all available when the Jets pick, who do you want them to take?

• Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
    • Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
    • Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

WR <---- OT <----- TE

As of this moment, I take WR at #10, O-line in the 3rd, WR again in the 4th, and O-line/Safety with what's left.  The D really should be good enough with what they already got.

Woulda been nice to have a better selection of picks, but Rodgers.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Need to see where the roster is at in 3 weeks but tempted to say Alt 

I would like WR if it’s the top 2, I’m sour on Odunze at 10 he doesn’t seem to be able to separate very well.

• Haha 1

I see no way Alt being there so I see this question useless.

So assuming he’s actually gone like he likely will be.

Give me Odunze over Bowers. We have just GW as an NFL caliber WR under contract after this year.

• Sympathy 1

I am not picking an OT at the top of the NFL draft. They are no longer safe picks. WR however has become a pretty safe pick. College football does not prepare not give the proper tape to review for OL so it's all projections but the open throttle offenses do prepare WR. Odunze all day long.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

A month ago I wasn’t sure what I wanted but thought oline at 10 would be a waste to a certain extent 

As the prospects began to take shape I was:

WR …oline. 

then I got on the Bowers train and was:

Bowers….WR…..oline 

then I got off the bowers train and was:

WR….Bowers…..oline. 

I was thinking about Rodgers reputation for not throwing to anyone he doesn’t trust and how the entire offense is built around his mega mind and unique preferences about motion and use of hand signals and even though Tyrod is no rookie the top priority has to be protecting him. I really like the new line but they have to take advantage of the strength and depth of this oline class. 

My preference is versatility, but any top lineman is my preference now. 

until next week lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If no Bakhtiari deal gets done then I would have to go with Alt for the stability. Tyron Smith and Moses are good tackles to have, but both make me nervous about lasting the whole year. Alt could even be used as a swing tackle until he's ready to fill in for someone, and if he doesn't need to start this year due to injury then great....he got to watch 2 good tackles play and learn from them.

Odunze is a beast too tho, would suck to pass on him. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

if Alt somehow falls to 10, I have a hard time seeing the Jets passing on him. 

I happen to like Odunze a lot though and would be tempted to take him, regardless. 

Odunze is a unicorn to me. If he's there, I find it very hard to believe the Jets pass on him. Guy is going to be a stud in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I am not picking an OT at the top of the NFL draft. They are no longer safe picks. WR however has become a pretty safe pick. College football does not prepare not give the proper tape to review for OL so it's all projections but the open throttle offenses do prepare WR. Odunze all day long.

Genuinely curious, are you saying this based off the last few years just looking at recent success, or are there numbers to back this up? I know throughout draft history, OT has had a much higher hit rate than WR. I'm curious to know if that trend is coming to an end or have there just been some recent outliers.